IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent the RLAP 5 DVD to gunkylump.

The thing that surprised me the most on the DVD was applying a little rear brake and a bit of power to the rear wheel will tend to hold the bike upright.

I think I am going to buy a copy for myself because I won't remember enough of it come spring.

I got my Ride like a PRO V today it is complete in that you don't need to have 1-4. I don't know why I waited so long to order my own copy. I do think its a very good thing that there is the one here on the list that's being passed around. After looking at the copy I got today if there is anyway you can get one for yourself, it will pay you back with the Information in it buy being able to go back and look at from time to time so you can get sharp on the items it teaches.

Again Thanks for having the list.

• 3 weeks later...

nomadicbear,

GREAT!! now that you have your own copy, please feel free to post something about what you learned from the DVD!!!!!!

I too agree that it is worth more than the cost!!!!!!!!!!!

If it saves me one accident or allows me to U-Turn properly (no foot dragging) then it has MORE than paid for itself!!!!!

The Motorman has produced a GREAT training video!!!!!!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted. no need to PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

This thread is staying busy!!!! I hope I did not miss anybody!!!! If I did miss you, please remind me to put you in the proper place in line and I apologize if I missed anybody.

Also, if you want on the list, please post to the thread instead of PMing me.

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V

KiteSquid ;)

Friesman1 :sun:

jburrell :sun:

People who currently have a copy AND who they need to send it to:

Yammer Dan send to Foxman

KingSizer send to jvbailey3

Canada copy: gunkylump send to birin

Canada

Oldseadog

saddlebum

silvercrew

Marcarl

Lepapehermann

Might I suggest that this copy go to Australia once it has made the circuit in Canada...

Australia

spear

United States

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Feets

Jburrell (Would like to see RLAP IV as he has viewed RLAP V)

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

Naked Rider (channged forum name from 1_2_ride_RSV)

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

Cerviperus

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

PLEASE Remember to please post something you learned from the video.

I have a question for those of you who have viewed it: Did you go buy your own copy of RLAP V? Don't forget to ask for your VentureRider forum discount.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

Edited by KiteSquid

Where can you get the dvd at? I need all the help i can get thanks

Two ways.

you can get on the list to receive a copy that is being mailed around the county that either Friesman1, jburrell or KiteSquid gave away. This might take a while.

OR if you cant wait MONTHS to receive the copy above, you can click HERE and order a copy. if you tell them you are a member a VetureRider.com forum they will discount it....

I recommend buying a copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, once you have viewed it, please post back to this thread what you have learned!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted. no need to PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

This thread is staying busy!!!! I hope I did not miss anybody!!!! If I did miss you, please remind me to put you in the proper place in line and I apologize if I missed anybody.

KiteSquid ;)

Foxman send to jkt69

jvbailey3 send to Cjacobs

Canada

Oldseadog

saddlebum

silvercrew

Marcarl

Lepapehermann

Might I suggest that this copy go to Australia once it has made the circuit in Canada...

Australia

spear

United States

Bob Myers

Juggler

Feets

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

Cerviperus

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

Dave77459 in Houston TX

I have a question for those of you who have viewed it: Did you go buy your own copy of RLAP V? Don't forget to ask for your VentureRider forum discount.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

Copy sent to birin on January 2, 2009....

gunk:smile5:

KiteSquid ;)

Foxman send to jkt69

Canada

Oldseadog

saddlebum

silvercrew

Marcarl

Lepapehermann

Australia

spear

United States

Bob Myers

Juggler

Feets

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

Cerviperus

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

Dave77459 in Houston TX

KiteSquid ;)

Foxman send to jkt69

Canada copy: birin send to Oldseadog

Canada

saddlebum

silvercrew

Marcarl

Lepapehermann

Australia

spear

United States

Bob Myers

Juggler

Feets

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

Cerviperus

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

Dave77459 in Houston TX

I got me a copy and I can now make a U-turn in less than 24 foot wide side street, never taking a foot off the boards. I ride a 1st Gen road barge. :hurts:

GREAT!!!!!

Can you look in the owners manual to see what Yamaha says the minimum turing radius is for the 1st gen? That would be my goal (or probally a foot or two larger as I am a little chicken still.... I need more practice)

BTW as sugessted in one of the DVDs, I went to my local big box store to purchase one dozen tennis balls. Once I returnd home, I cut them in half. Now all I have two dozen very short high visibility cones that I'm not worried about running over with my motorcycle while practicing the techniques taught on these wonderful training videos. Woo Hoo, now I just have to wait for some warm and dry weather to go practice.

GREAT!!!!!

Can you look in the owners manual to see what Yamaha says the minimum turing radius is for the 1st gen? That would be my goal (or probally a foot or two larger as I am a little chicken still.... I need more practice)

BTW as sugessted in one of the DVDs, I went to my local big box store to purchase one dozen tennis balls. Once I returnd home, I cut them in half. Now all I have two dozen very short high visibility cones that I'm not worried about running over with my motorcycle while practicing the techniques taught on these wonderful training videos. Woo Hoo, now I just have to wait for some warm and dry weather to go practice.

The owners manual is at 114 inches that's 9.5 feet. I think to do 9.5 feet you would have to walk her around cause that's at the lock. I have the bags trunk and fairing off right now getting ready to do a new paint job on the Ol girl so she can be ready for spring and the and I hope it helps with the (need) or want of a new bike. I went to good will and got a leather coat for 5.00 cut it into strips about 6 inches wide and wrapped the engine guard and other places that would hit if I dropped it

and tried the U- turn and pulled it off in the driveway 12foot. :clap2: I can make them to the Left with out putting a foot down but I need more to make a U-turn to the right got to work on my right U-turns. My slow ride is 150 foot takes 2.5 min.it's a real workout holding a line and going so slow. I live about a hundred yards from the National Guard building and they have a large parking lot and I go there and set up and I have since found out that DMV brings people there for parallel parking and motorcycle testing is also done there. I have made new friends with the city and state cops. I live in a small town in western Oklahoma and while I was running the course the Guy with DMV giving a parking test saw me and came back after he was done with driver test and we talked a bit he rides.

Hey Kitesquid i'd like to add my name to the list. One question how do we get the next persons address? Is it listed here in the members page or do we contact tem through a message and get the address from them?

Hey Kitesquid i'd like to add my name to the list. One question how do we get the next persons address? Is it listed here in the members page or do we contact tem through a message and get the address from them?

When you get on the who has and who to send it to part of the list, you should PM each other to get the address to send it to...

KiteSquid ;)

People who currently have a copy AND who they need to send it to: (You should PM eachother to get the address to send it to...)

Foxman send to jkt69

Canada copy: birin send to Oldseadog

Canada

saddlebum

silvercrew

Marcarl

Lepapehermann

Australia

spear

United States

Bob Myers

Juggler

Feets

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

Cerviperus

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

Dave77459 in Houston TX

PB&J in Waterloo NY

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

I was just informed I will receive the DVD for my birthday so you can remove me from the list. (just that much faster for the next in line)

All of the people on the list behind you, thank you and the gift giver!!!!!

I'll take you off of the list in my next update.

Once I get to watch it, I will post what I learned from it as well.

That would be GREAT!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like this video has bogged down, at the present rate of travel the guys at or near the bottom won't get to see it before Christmas, if ever. Maybe a time limit should be put on it, so everyone asking to see it can. Some of the guys had this for 3 or more weeks before sending it to the next guy.