IGNORED

Will the Venture fit in the back of a pick up truck?

1999-Present

Yamaha delivers an all-new, full-dress touring motorcycle with classic style and luxury features.

http://www.venturerider.org/images/venture2.jpg

Yamaha unveils its all new, full-dress, 79 cubic inch, touring bike with redesigned chassis, plush touring features, classic style and smooth power. The Venture receives the classic look of the Royal Star, and its Venture Royale derived engine produces 98 horsepower.

MSRP $16,499* (Royal Star Venture) $16,999* (Royal Star Midnight Venture) Both available from August 2004

Engine

Type 1294cc, 79-cubic-inch, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 70° V-4

HP:

Bore x Stroke

79 x 66mm

Compression Ratio

10:1

Carburetion

(4) 32mm Mikuni Constant-Velocity

Ignition

Digital TCI

Transmission

Wide-ratio 5-speed w/5th gear overdrive and hydraulic clutch

Final

Drive Shaft

Chassis

Suspension/Front

Telescopic fork w/air assist; 5.6" travel

Suspension/Rear

Single shock, link-type w/air assist; 4.1" travel

Brakes/Front

Dual 298mm Discs

Brakes/Rear

320mm Disc

Tires/Front

150/80-16

Tires/Rear

150/90-15

Dimensions

Length

104.5"

Width

35.4"

Height

61.6"

Seat Height

29.5"

Wheelbase

67.1"

Dry Weight

807 Lbs.

Fuel Capacity

6.0 Gallons

Other

Color

Liquid Silver (Royal Star Venture); Raven (Royal Star Midnight Venture)

Warranty

5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)

Great question...I was wondering too, what is the minimum size of enclosed trailer you would need for an RSV.

I'd look at least 10 feet.... A twelve footer will give you more room for do-dads, and there's not much difference in the pull.....

Great question...I was wondering too, what is the minimum size of enclosed trailer you would need for an RSV.

I have a 6by 12 Continental Cargo and it gets tight side to side around my 85 1st gen if you put the bike on a side stand but when its in a chock its not bad to get around the bike. But I have about 20 inches to the front from the tire and about a foot to the backdoor from the trunk.

I realize its not a 2nd gen but the dimensions arent too different.

Brian

Edited by friesman

I have a 6 1/2 ft bed and it works fine just need to leave the tailgate down. Most loading docks will mate up to the tailgate with in a inch or so.

I had a 6x 12 trailer and it filled the trailer up pretty full. Not much room to move around, two bikes would be very tight. I since have bought a 7x16 v-nose, so I have room for two bikes very comfortable with extra room.

I brought my 85 back from Michigan in the back of a Chey crew cab with a short box. We rolled it in and strapped it right down and the bike made the whole trip back to new York with out a buge and that was while travelling at an average of 75 miles an hour. We did have to keep the tail gate down with a board under the rear wheel to help distribute the weight. This was purely a safety precaution for the truck which was a rental.

But A 1st gen will definitely fit in the back of a pick up.

I brought my '03 up to Kitchener in a rented 5X9 ramp trailer. It was about 3' high all around - not enclosed, but the RSV fit with about 5" to spare length-wise. I think this would be the absolute smallest trailer size that could close up around it. If it was fully enclosed it'd be REALLY tight! If I we buying an enclosed trailer I'd go with at least 7X10 - probably 7-8 X 12 to give a bit of room for getting around it while securing and for accommodating some gear.

yup - it'll fit.

picked up a $40 wheel chock from Harbor Freight (on line too).

rode an RSTD to CA, bolted the chock in the bed of a 1967 F250.

loaded the RSTD, wheels were in the bed but had to leave the tailgate down.

if i'd angled her in the tailgate would have closed.

Edited by brainfart