IGNORED

Back from Kitchener International Rally

Ramblingman

Baxter and I pulled in today about 2:00 pm. We took the scenic route home and I must say that it was a very nice trip.:thumbsup2: It is nice to be home, but now my daughter is asking when I am going to take her to Canada:confused24:

Thanks again to the Kitchener crew who pulled off an outstanding event and we are already looking forward to next year.

Here are a sampling of the pics that Baxter took.

Arrived home Sunday at 3pm with my 2 Newfie friends in tow.Keith R and his brother stayed here last night and then headed out about 1pm today in a bit of rain.They will try and get the boat tonight if its not all booked.They have reservations for wednesday morning at 1am if that fails.They should be home Wednesday afternoon at the latest.I want to say thanks to all who put on the Rally.We had a great time.To all the people we met(your great) and hope we will meet again.

Bucky Thompson

logged 2200 mls from friday morn to monday morn,got home at 4 am,no rain good roads,vary good temp,high maybe 85 deg

road with bogbob,up to charlie's then,on to SAULT STE MARIE,he headed on west,then i headed south,got my first speeding tickett,in over 8 years,60 in a 55 zone,guy was p---s,cause he didn't catch a croch rocket

got a motel in benton harbor,9 am on the road,there are no sweet spots to ride around the chiago area,so got in the fast lane and halled a--,up to 90 mph,aftr that,back down to the sweet spots

call roadkill he was off enjoying the weather,bill and allen were gitting ready for work,so i headed for home

had a great time,& thanks to all,will do it again---give me a couple of days and will be ready for the next

wild hair

lowell:bighug::ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_thy-vi101212101

hi all

made it home today (monday) at 5:21 pm central time. 4,438 miles round trip. what a ride. sarah's through rideing for a while, her butt's sore. i can not thank everyone enought for all the help. for putting up with us. i'am still laughin about the two persons who were dressed up in red and white. you had to be there, i'am glad i made the trip.

looking forward to meeting up again with all the old and new friends next year at the next international rally. by the way who won the wet shirt contest? :ignore:

best reguards & peace to all

don c. & sarah

We rolled in to Colleyville (Fort Worth, Texas) at 5:00 pm on Sunday afternoon - covered just over 2,000 miles after leaving Kitchener - New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas and Texas. That was just the return trip - we hit Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan on the way up there. And let's not forget Ontario, Canada while there! 3,939 miles for the whole trip. The secondary roads through Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania were particularly miserable, but all-in-all it was a great ride, and a great trip. Wonderful to see old friends and meet new. Wife was a real trooper - I was beat to death a couple of times after long runs and rough conditions, but she never uttered a word of complaint! Looking forward to seeing y'all again at the next get-together. Ride Safe,

Goose

by the way who won the wet shirt contest? :ignore:

best reguards & peace to all

don c. & sarah

There has been no comments on the forum, but with the type of shirt you wore, you looked the wettest, even though, you both got equally drenched......

We rolled in at 2330 (11pm) Wed. It took us 5 days to get back. Really took our time. riding back was lousy actually...only 1 real good day..the rest were cold or wet.

I am so proud of our kids....they logged over 3000 miles and no complaints about riding at all!! Great troopers...and that goes for Sarah (gunboats little one) and Baxter (Nathans little one). Trips the kids will remember for ever.

Thanks to the organizers for a great rally! Thanks to all those that put up with us dragging the kids along. Thanks to Hal for carting Courtney along to Niagra...she still talks about it!

Thanks to Nathan and Baxter and Jessica for letting the kids tag along last week to the water park!

Yes she did sleep about half the trip home too!

Thanks to Gambler for finally figureing out my wiring problem on my passing lights!

What a great family to belong to...take care all of you!

It sure was nice to meet you all!

Hey, Lonna.......thanks again for "lending me" your loving hubby who did admirable work (considering he didn't know me from Adam) on my bike and got my "always on" brake light fixed with only 5 minutes of troubleshooting.

Also, Reiny, sorry I missed you; I left one of your confederates a business card with my name and number; I'm Kitchener born and raised.......and when I heard someone say YOUR NAME and Transylvania Club in one sentence.....I KNEW I had heard your name before.

I used to play in a band called the Sapphires......with John Frimm and George Fritsch and Helmut Emerich (suppose they're German?)....every second Saturday at the Club. So I probably knew you when you were kneehigh to a grasshopper, in the junior dance troup, whipping around in your lehderhosen, smakin your heels like a good thing. We definitely have to get together to swap lies......about the Rosies, the Gertrudes and the Hildas and the Heidis!!! Perhaps at Oktoberfest.

Ein prosit!!

We are home also!! We got everything unloaded and showers taken, and now we're ready to collapse!

I will try to download pics tomorrow, and show everyone all that they missed!! Thank You to ALL who were involved in planning this wonderful event!! You all did a great job, and we THANK YOU!!! See you all later!

Guest ReinyRooster

Oh boy.....here comes the harassing comments now.....had to bring up the dark past didn't ya....:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh boy.....here comes the harassing comments now.....had to bring up the dark past didn't ya....:rotfl::rotfl:

Need more details first.........

BTW I'm back in Wainwright, rode back through a thunderstom in the area.

After a couple more of weeks of travelling/vacation/interviewing I finally made it back home to CT. It was great meeting everyone at the rally and I hope to make it to another one soon.

And special thanks to BradT (and family) for letting me invade their home on such short notice!

I'll try to get my pix/video up somewhere soon, but in the meantime here are a few.

Thanks to all the organizers for a fantastic event!

Peter Harris

Norwalk, CT and Philadelphia, PA

1987 Venture Royale (blue-green)

After a couple more of weeks of travelling/vacation/interviewing I finally made it back home to CT. It was great meeting everyone at the rally and I hope to make it to another one soon.

And special thanks to BradT (and family) for letting me invade their home on such short notice!

I'll try to get my pix/video up somewhere soon, but in the meantime here are a few.

Thanks to all the organizers for a fantastic event!

Peter Harris

Norwalk, CT and Philadelphia, PA

1987 Venture Royale (blue-green)

Hey Peter, Glad you made it home safe. Great Pics. I do declare, there is a good looking red 84 in one of them. We have pics but I think I just broke my cup holder on my computer. Have to figure out how to get them up on the site. Take care, Tomephil