IGNORED

Old Bike Barn.com

cimmer

I've bought a couple of things from them awhile back for my Honda. Was pretty good to deal with. I ordered a stator from them once and while just idly talking to the guy and mentioning that I was going to have to order a stator puller, he said, "naw don't do that, I'll make you one out of a rear axle and nut and include it with the stator." I still have the tool in my tool box.

Yes, I have delt with them too, seems to be a good honest dealer...

The price of the diaphrams ain't too bad either. I searched thru the carb kit section and found a kit for the V-Max, but nothing for the Venture... Dang!! What I have been doing lately is picking up carb sets off Ebay for cheap. I figure if there's one good diaphram in there I'll break even, and if there's two...WooHoo!! I know it's a gamble, but I picked up one set that was dirtier than all get out, and it had 4 new diaphrams. I must have 5 or 6 banks waiting in the wings, and that's enough. So that's why I'm posting about it.... :whistling:

• 7 months later...
Hey Crotchetty can you possibly post a pic of what yout stator puller looks like???Thanks in advance.

Stay safe and keep the rubber on the road.

:225:

Michael

My apologies for the 10 day delay, I have not been scanning the posts as often or as thoroughly as I should have. I think if you click on the gif you can make it bigger...I hope. It's really just a rear axle from the same type of bike cut down to about 4 inches and then an axle nut welded on to make it a bolt. The drawing shows how it works.