IGNORED

Problem with Ebay seller

Condor

I am having a problem with an Ebay seller, who is also a member of this board. I thought I'd vent a bit, and let folks know about what going on. About a month ago I picked up a couple of auctions from him, and sent the guy a check ,since he doesn't take paypal. I waited for about 3 weeks and then checked my checking account online, and saw that it hadn't cleared yet. So I contacted him asking about the check. He said he'd never received it, but I'd never received a notice from Ebay about it either. OK, so I go to his website and go ahead and send him a VISA payment. I also said I'd put a stop-pay on the original check. I drug my feet, and didn't do it right away. My bad. I received the items in about 3 days...great.., but when I went onliine with my bank to take care of the stop pay, bigger than all get out, there's the check taken out of my balance. Amazingly it was cashed about the same time the VISA payment had been made. So I email the seller about it. 4-5 times over 5 days. I called him on the phone...all I get is a busy signal...24/7. I think I'm being ignored as he's still currently posting items for sale on Ebay. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle getting my secong payment back, or even if I ever will. Filing bank fraud is one way, and contesting the VISA payment might be another, or I may have just been scammed. Loosing the money isn't going to kill me, but it sure pisses me off....

I had a similar issue with an ebay seller and I called my mastercard people and they set up a charge back so the total came off my account.

As I understand it then the Seller had to prove he was actually entitled to the money and I also had to fax details to M/C as well to substantiate my side of the story.

As the story goes, the seller didnt contest my claim and I got my money back.

I hope it works out for you!

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis

Well Condor...the moderators may not allow you to air your ebay conflicts on here, but I sure would.

I think you should tell us who it is. You may know that I have had some problems with the Wagner Grill. I posted what they were. I believe the greatest good is done when honesty, (not hostility) is used here.

Possibly the pressure put on this member, and the opportunity to tell his side, may help others in future dealings with him on eBay.

Just my 2 cents.

I would call my Visa card co ASAP and have the charge removed.-Jack

Just talked with the VISA folks and are sending a form to fill out and return with a copy of the check...which I already have... and they'll do a charge back to his account. Too bad it had to come to this....

Well Condor...the moderators may not allow you to air your ebay conflicts on here, but I sure would.

I think you should tell us who it is. You may know that I have had some problems with the Wagner Grill. I posted what they were. I believe the greatest good is done when honesty, (not hostility) is used here.

Possibly the pressure put on this member, and the opportunity to tell his side, may help others in future dealings with him on eBay.

Just my 2 cents.

After sending a slightly hostile 'listen bucko' email this morning explaining the steps I was going to take, I just receive a 'so sorry' email back offering a refund or credit. I told him to send the refund payment to my paypal account. We'll see if it comes through..... It usually only takes a nano-second.

Be careful about posting names here on that. I remember quite a while ago a number of members had a problem with a certain former member here. Don handled the certain situation very well it want until numerous attempts were made and proven to be legit that the whole details were posted here. I will look for the link as an example. Point is the threat is often enough and wont slander a member. This may give him a chance to answer too if not publicly but maybe a PM. Im sure this is a very legit situation but dont jump and I do suggest PMing Don and see what he advises on this before this thread goes down a very bad road.

Follow up report. Well, I finally received the refund via paypal. I feel somewhat vindicatied. It's just sad that it had to come down to this to get results. It's also to bad that in the future I probably won't be bidding on any more of the sellers auctions. Initially the auctions ended on 6/7 and 6/8, and here it is 7/8 before the smoke clears.... Time to let this thread die.....

Just my 2 cents worth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Condor, you were a while getting your end together, according to your honest story,,,,, do I need to say more???????? Was it payback time??????? Was he forgetful???????Maybe was his bad. Let's forgive for now.

Just my 2 cents.

I still don't know what you beef is as you have never contacted my with the problem you say you have with my grill. I feel anyone should be contacted first before going ahead and airing your opinion on an open forum with out giving me a chance to buy the grill back if you were not happy with it. Also being you have not responded to me personally when I said I would buy the Grill ( or sent the Grill back to me ) There isn't much I can do about it. You do not feel that you should ride with air in the front forks which is fine by me. ( I have 0 air in my forks and the grill has never been hit ).

I am really getting tired of anything that falls off or is wrong or seems wrong with the front end of a 2nd Gen should first be checked to make sure you don't have a Grill on your bike.

I have been making these Grills for 10 years now and yes I have had to make modifictions in hieght and clearance over the years. However if there were any problems and I was contacted about them I took care of them.

I do not post on every topic on this or any other site ( as I don't know everything about everything ). I do know my product and have many satified customers.

I will say it again if there is a problem and no one contacts me I can't do much about it.

Mail me the grill back and I'll refund you money. !!!!!!!!!

I will add this about Steve's grill cover. I have had 2 of them. The first one took a big rock and cracked the fiberglass and bent the screen but saved the radiator. The second one was on the bike when I hit the mud and the bike jumped a 6 inch curb. I know the front end bottomed out on that one. The only thing the grill had wrong with it was it was caked with mud. The back of my front fender shows no contact with anything. I also run 0 psi in the front and about 20 in the back.

Pretty much everyone will have nothing bad to say about Steve here. Great product. This is exacty what I meant about not mentioning names especially without all the facts. With Condors permission I think maybe this thread should disappear and let them work out the problems. I dont think we as a body need to be involved with this.

Pretty much everyone will have nothing bad to say about Steve here. Great product. This is exacty what I meant about not mentioning names especially without all the facts. With Condors permission I think maybe this thread should disappear and let them work out the problems. I dont think we as a body need to be involved with this.

I agree with you.

I agree with you.
i agree also, have read posts in the past about steves grills and he obviously is a stand up guy. not to mention seems like he has helped a few guys out at the dragon meet who had other problems with their bikes. how did he get rung in on this thread anyaway. bill :2133: