IGNORED

We lay another biker to rest !

BEER30

Today , along 155 mm on NC I-95 north bound as we were heading up North , we lost another biker . From what I could monitor on the CB , a cager forced a brother into the medium . He didn't make it ! BEER24/7 and I were maybe 1/2 hour behind him when it happened .

Twice if not 3 times in our travels today , I had to lay onto the air horns and take evasive action because of cagers and their reckless driving coming home from the holiday . Impatient cagers , switching lanes back and forth to try to gain a little ground going home . We had planned on getting far north of Winchester VA today , but traffic was bad . From riding the clutch speed to 45 mph from King's Dominion to Fredrichburg , stop and go . We hoped off of 95 onto 17 and what a relief to start traveling again . We finally stopped for the night , refresh ourselves and to get a fresh start in the a.m. . Maybe the cagers will be nice tomorrow !

BEER30

Sorry to hear about the lost brother, way too many ignorant cagers out there. We just went across to North Central Ohio from Indy (Mohican State Forest), took 36 all the way across and back (Friday and Sunday). Traffic was great, not busy. The Navigator doesn't want to do Freeways, and neither do I when someone is with me.

Hope the rest of your trip goes well, have fun.

Dan

Yesterday was a bad day for traveling. Lots of them cagers heading home after the long weekend. We know that most of them can't drive anyway. Sorry to hear about the loss of life because of someones stupidity.

You take care of our Becky now, you'll be ok then too.

Margaret

Sorry to hear about the lost brother, way too many ignorant cagers out there. We just went across to North Central Ohio from Indy (Mohican State Forest), took 36 all the way across and back (Friday and Sunday). Traffic was great, not busy. The Navigator doesn't want to do Freeways, and neither do I when someone is with me.

Hope the rest of your trip goes well, have fun.

Dan

Yes Dan that is a beautiful route.

Next time go a bit further into Amish country which is just east of Mohican State Park.

We have been there several times.

Gene and Becky hope you have a safe journey.

Peggy

This happened yesterday.

RandyA

By Josh Smith

Anchor / WJHL

Published: July 7, 2008

A high speed motorcycle race on a rural Tri-Cities road ended in the death of one of the racers and the injury of two women in a passing car.

According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the bikes were racing and weaving in and out of traffic on Highway 321 just outside Greeneville about 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

The driver of a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle was identified by the THP as 43 year-old Eric Jennings. He lost control of his motorcycle and slid into the path of an on-coming station wagon, police said.

Jennings was killed. Two women in the station wagon were injured.

No charges were filed.

News Channel 11 asked about the other motorcycle rider who wasn’t injured. So far, no information was available from the THP.

that neither side , biker or cager is beyond a little stupidity. i've had a cager drive me into the stones on the shoulder because he never bothered to even look out his window to see me , i was right along side him , not in his blind spot. A few years later I saw some kid BOTH FEET On THE GROUND along side his bike draggin himself down the highway at 60-70 mph. Its a shame to loose a brother rider i only hope the race was worth it.

Just a note to say , BEER24/7 and I made it to Niagara Falls . We left on 17 and took mostly back roads when possible . Only had one Dumb A$$ cager whom passed me in a "no passing" lane to force an oncoming cage and myself onto the shoulder . Then the idiot pulled over along the way , then got behind us again , only to do the same D-Azz thing again . Then I watched him do it on 2 more occasions on other cagers . Wished I had my pistol with me , so I could eventually save some innocent life ahead of time , be fore he kills someone .

BEER30