IGNORED

Seats, Seats and More Seats

Everette

I have a '03 Venture. I bought it used and it had a Corbin seat on it. The corbin is a nice looking seat and has been pretty good for short rides. I took a 400 mile 10 hr trip on Tuesday. My behind hurt so much that I was standing at every red light that I came too. I had to make a two hour trip today. I had purchased a stock seat a few months back and thought I would put it on and give it a shot. The seat is off a RSV midnight. To say it was uncomfortable is a understatement. Pushed my testies up and was just uncomfortable on the bottom. I did like the fact that it seem to be lower and pushed me a little fwd toward the tank. I'm 5'8" , with a 28" inseam.

With all these facts I have been looking at seats and seat conversions. I need to know what others have and what they think of them. I've looked a the Russel All Day, a lot of money, but have not really heard of anyone having one. I know seats are like oil everyone has their own preference. But this is a lot of money, anyway I would go. Need help with options and riders thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Everette

I run a stock seat, not a pillow top, on my '99. I have added a back rest (that I fabricated with the assistance of the little lady) and a beaded seat cover. 10-12 hour days are not a problem. Every time you shift position you get a butt massage from the beaded seat. Be sure to shift position often. I think the back rest helps alot when it comes to shifting positions. Lean a little, sit up straight, slouch, recline, etc. Keeps the pressure off of one spot and keeps the blood flowing.

It's hard to know what to say. Everyone's bum is different. For me, the Corbin dual tour seat is the best thing I've ever tried on this bike, which includes both the midnight and the pillow top seats. But you didn't like that one. So...

It's hard to know what to say. Everyone's bum is different. For me, the Corbin dual tour seat is the best thing I've ever tried on this bike, which includes both the midnight and the pillow top seats. But you didn't like that one. So...

I bought my 06 Midnight Venture a week before jaw surgery and promptly lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks.. All I can say is that the stock seat (not pillow seat) was harsh on my assets pre-surgery but now, 30 lbs lighter it's not that bad at all.. But I'm still replacing the seat.. Not all assets fit all seats properly ; )

I bought my first RSV this year, the OEM seat was, to say the least, most uncomfortable. I've had a Corbin Dual Tour on my last two bikes, and I knew I had to put one on my Midnight Venture. The stock seat gave me the worst lower back pain, I couldn't even ride an hour without issues. When I replaced with the Corbin it made a world of difference. I also like the Mustang Seat alot, but I don't think they make one for RSV yet.

Well gang for what it's worth...I've just done 3000 (Fl to N.H. & return) and I'll swear by a the seat that Sargents of Jacksonville Fl. built (used original RSMV pan) Last summer I tried the Corbin to Texas and back, what a pain, but just a thought...

and what did it cost? Did they do a complete rebuild or just reshaping?

Pics? Prices?

Bug

Well gang for what it's worth...I've just done 3000 (Fl to N.H. & return) and I'll swear by a the seat that Sargents of Jacksonville Fl. built (used original RSMV pan) Last summer I tried the Corbin to Texas and back, what a pain, but just a thought...

Edited by bugfish69
Idiot forgot quote,

I have had no problems with the stock seat as far as riding goes but I find it a bit wide at stoplights. My inseam is 29 inches so it is not comfortable when I have to put both feet down. Otherwise the only thing I am going to do is get a sheepskin to cool my ass off.

I live on Saltspring Island where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Photo isn't the best...Green reflection is from my storage cabinets....Sargent's charged me 587 for a total rebuild and reshape included 68 chrome studs ($120) but it looks nice..Wanted a Mustang seat, but not available for my 2003 RSMV...now saying that..this price was both seats and both back rests....worth every penny to an old man who doesn't have much padding on the body....now how do I get you a photo ....if this doesn't work call me....352 221 1135

Hey Everette,

I was inspired by the design of the seat you listed as a choice you were looking at. I do not own it but I like the idea that it has no hump in the front pushing on the BOY"S, seems to be a huge problem for me now when on longer rides. If you happen to get a set, let us know what you think of them.

Here is the link with pic to the day long seats. http://www.day-long.com/newpages_1_05/Yamaha_royalstar.html

David

• 4 months later...

Purchased the Ultimate Seat approximately three weeks ago, via phone, and was promised an approximate 3 week delivery date. Received it last Wednesday within the time frame promised. The written enclosed installation instructions, with pictures, made the task of switching out the stock seat for the Ultimate seat fairly simple. Road on it over the weekend for about 240 miles. The seat was as advertised fitting my butt like a cozy fits a beer can. At no time during the trip did my rear come off the bike feeling sore.

Pros:

Seat is as advertised (It feels like your butt has gone to heaven)

Delivered as promised

Easy Installation

Looks fantastic on my bike (see attached pictures!)

Cons:

No Formal Transaction (left me feeling anxious without a tracking #, email verification, etc.)

No receipt (Invoice attached to shipping box)

Expensive (almost, but not quite, a deal breaker)

Very pleased as a customer! Would recommend product to others. Anyone want to buy a Stock seat?