IGNORED

Air Horn install - Stebel

Gained

has anyone tried to mount the Air Horn on the front of the bike, between the forks, above the fender? there is brake lines there, but there is also a plastic guard. I wanna try and mount to the same bolts that hold that guard,, any thoughts?

I mounted a set of horns on Carlos bike in that spot. It was a bit tight but do able. He used the trumpet style of air horn . I mounted the compressor just behind the left neck cover then run the air hose to a "T" for the horns.

Maybe he'll post up a couple of pics once he sees this post. I'll let him know about it.

Larry

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post some pictures today about it.

This is the best way to let everybody knows you 're there, and get out your way....

it save me several times.

As Carbon One said, it was not so easy to make it pretty to fit, but it's worth every minute invested...

:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Carlos

Not trying to hijack this thread but since it is about air horns....

I have a Stebel on the right and want to add another horn on the left. Both have their own compressor. Should I wire the second one into the same relay or use one for each?

I don't think is a good idea. If I was you, just add another relay that activates with the same button wire...

I can attest to the horns effectiveness as last weekend Carlos and I were ring along on a multi-lane road when a cage with a younger driver started switching lanes without either a signal or even looking. Carlos hit that horn button and there was an immediate reaction from the driver. Being behind Carlos and seeing the whole event transpire was enlighting to say the least. Frist the guy litterly jumped out of his skin with the jerking of the car back into the he was coming from. Must of thought there was a semi coming at him. :rotf::rotf::rotf:As we slowly passed by he wouldn't even look at us. Later his lane of traffic got up ahead of us and I saw he was looking and using his signal for a lane change so I would venture to say he learned something from the days drive.

I thought I mounted the compressor behind the neck cover but see in Carlos pics its under the air filter housing. :thumbsup2:

Larry

Yes,

and about the compressor, when I win the lotto I'll put the RIVCO chrome cover....

Was really funny the expression of that guy...

And I can tell that it save me from a lot of phone lover drivers....

We should design a horn that really transmit a frequency on the cellular system that should sound on the closest phones open at that moment...

That will save a lot of accidents, since even with the lights and passign lamps and being on a cruiser it seems that is not enough for some people to watch what is around when they drive (Sorry I meant they speak on the phone and the car is moving...).

Carlos

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Agreed on the "cell phone interrupt" technology.......but until the FCC allows us that level of "privacy invasion"......almost any air horn is the next best thing.

I for one got to try my Stebel out on day 1 of its installation a few years back: little old lady coming up the ramp and merging into my lane just kept coming........without looking or signalling.

Normally, rather than make noise about it, I would have either sped up, slowed down or moved over. That day, of course, it was time to try out my new investment!

Product concept immediately confirmed!! Little old lady and Buick did both the slowing down AND moving over.......back onto the ramp...where she THEN figured out she'd better LOOK AND SIGNAL before trying again to get into the flow.

Loud pipes just piss off neighbours......but loud HORNS genuinely save lives!

Just wondering, mounting that air horn, near the exhaust pipes, is the heat from the

pipes going to have any detrimental effect on the nice new air horn ???

Any comments ??

There never has been any reported heat effects since mounting these air horn by the exhaust pipes. There is a bit of space between the heat shields and horn plus even more space between the actual pipe and shield.

What brand are those horns and where did you get them? Larry will you be making mounting brackets?

Nope no intentions of making any brackets for the Rivco trumpet horns. Sorry

Larry

T

Nope no intentions of making any brackets for the Rivco trumpet horns. Sorry

Larry

You can do it by yourself if you have the ability to cut and polish some pieces of stainless steel. It will take some time to get the right size.

Also, there is one option that you can put both horns on line and mounting on the side using the crash bars too.

Now I found that I have an exclusive ones!!!!