IGNORED

New Contest!

bongobobny

Just thought seeing as it's been a while since we had a contest, I'd start one. The contest is to guess which member is under the red helmet trying out a Can Am Spyder. Winner gets a weekend vacation in their own back yard (Food and drinks not included) as well as a free beer whenever they visit me. Actual member and family members involved in the photo not eligible for contest. Contest is over whenever someone actually guesses who it is (Hint: it is NOT me!).

Just thought seeing as it's been a while since we had a contest, I'd start one. The contest is to guess which member is under the red helmet trying out a Can Am Spyder. Winner gets a weekend vacation in their own back yard (Food and drinks not included) as well as a free beer whenever they visit me. Actual member and family members involved in the photo not eligible for contest. Contest is over whenever someone actually guesses who it is (Hint: it is NOT me!).

Is it animal..vegetable...or mineral..:whistling:

I KNOW!! I KNOW!!!

But I don't camp so I'll leave it to someone else

Wingman and I just happened to see one on the way home from Skids on Monday afternoon. We were clipping along about 75-80 mph and all of a sudden this Thing pulls up next to me from out of nowhere and zips right then left and right again, before I could key my mike to tell Wingman, he was already past Jamie, leaving him to wonder, "What the hell was that?!?!"...........Changed lanes quicker than anything I have ever seen..........that thing was flying.Sorta looked like a 3-wheeler going backwards..............:scared::scared:

HEY...I was in "business mode"...I DID take off my tie though. :) I am in Hamburg, NY this week and took the opportunity to stop by and pay a visit to BongoBob. I truly enjoyed the visit. Bob is a very nice guy. I also had the privilege of meeting his lovely wife. He got the better end of THAT deal. :whistling:

We went out and had some lunch and then stopped by the Yamaha dealer that was across the street. They also happen to be a dealer for the Can Am Spyder. The salesman asked if I had ever ridden one and then offered to let me do so. I couldn't turn down that opportunity. :)

I have to say, these things are a total BLAST to ride. I was very impressed with the way that it rode, handled and the power. It has a 990 Bombadier Rotax motor and he told me it makes 104HP. It has plenty of power for whatever type of riding you like to do. I was surprised to look down and see that I was running 70 MPH at one point and thought I was running about 55.

I'm thinking that I want one. I KNOW that I can't afford another toy. :) So....not for me at this time. I really think though that if you added the tour pack, a trailer hitch, stereo system, CB, and a fairing...I think it would actually be a LOT of fun to tour on.

Well Don next time your passin through New York I hope you stop by in Waterloo and say hi. Or if need be, we're empty nesters with a spare room to save you a few coin on room rates.Always glad to have members in need stop by. Phil.:97:

No, Brad, carefully read the description, the free beer is when you visit me, as in here!

You may feel free to take the weekend off in your back yard whichever weekend you choose.:banana::banana::banana:

I read it....but I still want a beer

:whistling:

No, Brad, carefully read the description, the free beer is when you visit me, as in here!

Oh no .... now the Member come with some Fine Print and Details sunken deep in the Ocean of Rules ....

:crackup::crackup::crackup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

HEY...I was in "business mode"...I DID take off my tie though. :) I am in Hamburg, NY this week and took the opportunity to stop by and pay a visit to BongoBob. I truly enjoyed the visit. Bob is a very nice guy. I also had the privilege of meeting his lovely wife. He got the better end of THAT deal. :whistling:

We went out and had some lunch and then stopped by the Yamaha dealer that was across the street. They also happen to be a dealer for the Can Am Spyder. The salesman asked if I had ever ridden one and then offered to let me do so. I couldn't turn down that opportunity. :)

I have to say, these things are a total BLAST to ride. I was very impressed with the way that it rode, handled and the power. It has a 990 Bombadier Rotax motor and he told me it makes 104HP. It has plenty of power for whatever type of riding you like to do. I was surprised to look down and see that I was running 70 MPH at one point and thought I was running about 55.

I'm thinking that I want one. I KNOW that I can't afford another toy. :) So....not for me at this time. I really think though that if you added the tour pack, a trailer hitch, stereo system, CB, and a fairing...I think it would actually be a LOT of fun to tour on.

What are they getting for those things? I like them also, might have to put that on my consideration list if I don't like the new RSV, if they come out with one, in 2010. Also on the list, Goldwing & Victory.

Later.

It was $15,000.00 for the black and silver, $15,400 for the yellow. I actually like the Black/Silver best. The one that I rode was a demo with just over 3,000 miles on it. He told me that he would take $2,000.00 off of it and the warranty would start now. Warranty is 2 years.

It was $15,000.00 for the black and silver, $15,400 for the yellow. I actually like the Black/Silver best. The one that I rode was a demo with just over 3,000 miles on it. He told me that he would take $2,000.00 off of it and the warranty would start now. Warranty is 2 years.

Hmmmm??? :whistling: You mentioned trunk and bags in your other post. Do they already make those? Maybe I should just go for the 4 wheel wing:biker:

Hmmmm??? :whistling: You mentioned trunk and bags in your other post. Do they already make those? Maybe I should just go for the 4 wheel wing:biker:

They have a nylon tour pack but not a hard one. No bags yet.

Hmmm, isn't a 4-wheel Wing called an Accord?

I would have agreed with that comment before I rode this thing. :)

It is certainly different. I only rode maybe 10-15 miles. It take some adjustment to how you normally ride. It's not exactly like a motorcycle and not exactly like a 3 wheeler or a regular 4 wheeler either. I was actually fairly impressed but not totally comfortable in the curves but I think that after a very few miles, it would feel pretty natural. I certainly felt that I was using different muscles in my lower back and sides but I think it was because I was trying to over compensate with some body movement.