IGNORED

Hit & Run II

Venturous Randy

Well, I called our Human Resource Department to ask about getting a copy of the video tape showing the truck hitting my bike and was told that I may not get a copy of it. I was told that since the incident happened in the city street and not on company property that they had no obligation to share the video tape with me and did not want to get involved. I would have to wait until the Director of Human Resources got back and ask him. During this conversation I told her that I had seen the tape and it was very obvious that the truck hit my bike. She demanded to know which person in Security allowed me to view the tape as she was going to take issue with them.

It caught me so off guard that I did not know what to say. After a while I called the HR MGR back and got her voice mail and advised her that just so there would not be any surprises, I had received a call from the LEO at home yesterday evening and in my conversation, I advised him there was a video tape made and I had viewed it. So, she needed to know that it was now part of the police report on a hit and run investigation.

I gave her my cell # if she had any more questions and as of this moment I have not heard from her.

So the crap is already starting!!

RandyA

So much for supporting a fellow worker. Remember her answer when your company gives one of their Rah Rah Rah go team! motivational speeches. She should be ashamed of herself to even suggest going after the security guard who was only doing the right thing. Sounds like maybe she has a wee bit too much power.

I do believe I would be finding a new job if the HR manager is that big of a ***** and if this went to court, I would subpoena her butt right into court and she can explain to the judge why she is withholding evidence.

Geess....what a mess! I hope some folks just stop worrying about whats not "our responsibility" and start thinking about doing the right thing. What if a murder had been commited and noticed on the camera.....would this be even happening?

Another common sense thing goes down the drain.

Well, I called our Human Resource Department to ask about getting a copy of the video tape showing the truck hitting my bike and was told that I may not get a copy of it. I was told that since the incident happened in the city street and not on company property that they had no obligation to share the video tape with me and did not want to get involved. I would have to wait until the Director of Human Resources got back and ask him. During this conversation I told her that I had seen the tape and it was very obvious that the truck hit my bike. She demanded to know which person in Security allowed me to view the tape as she was going to take issue with them.

It caught me so off guard that I did not know what to say. After a while I called the HR MGR back and got her voice mail and advised her that just so there would not be any surprises, I had received a call from the LEO at home yesterday evening and in my conversation, I advised him there was a video tape made and I had viewed it. So, she needed to know that it was now part of the police report on a hit and run investigation.

I gave her my cell # if she had any more questions and as of this moment I have not heard from her.

So the crap is already starting!!

RandyA

You have a real moron in the HR dept. Since you have already reported this to the police, your HR dept, insurance company (your insurance company will have their lawyers go after the tape in a heart beat to keep from paying a claim) and on this forum I would report your HR dept to the local media. I'm sure your company would like the wonderful press coverage. Then I would start looking for a new job.

...... What if a murder had been commited and noticed on the camera.....would this be even happening?

That is the same as murder in my opinion. Knocking over a man bike! At least an attempted murder...... if he is caught he should be hung from a tall tree with a short piece of rope!:2cents:

:cool10: