My student loans should be paid off by the beginning of FY09. I am going to start pinching my pennies now. A couple hundred bucks a month should provide a good down payment in late 2010...

As long as it cost the same or less than an Electra Glide Ultra, I will gladly buy a 1700cc V4 200hp cruiser. Gawd, that'd be a great machine!:cool10:

Yamaha! Just grab a crowbar and wedge the engine in there! Don't change the stylin ok?

I agree, everything I have heard and read seems to point to a 2010 release if not maybe a new model altogether!? I hope they do come out with a new model though I finally got the greenlight from the guardian of the checkbook(i.e. my wife!) to get a new bike and if they don't come out with a new one I might end up buying a Raider instead to keep the RSTD company in the garage.

Dave:bluesbrother:

not to throw cold water on this but if Yamaha is true to form they'll detune the sh*t out of the thing and leave it with only a measly 130hp or so. Wait a minutre... that wouldn't be so bad!:doh:

not to throw cold water on this but if Yamaha is true to form they'll detune the sh*t out of the thing and leave it with only a measly 130hp or so. Wait a minutre... that wouldn't be so bad!:doh:

I can take care of that...:no-no-no:

My master's thesis topic invovles selecting and programing a microcontroller for fuel injection.

Workin for a dealership and no info till Sept. on the new 2009s .... Its hard to say if there will be any Ventures or RSTD .... There also isnt any Raider listed But im 100% sure there will be as its been a good seller ....

That's what my local dealer said as well. It seems there are several models missing from the 2009 lineup.

Well folks, those crazy Canadians that did such a good job on the rally were actually able to persuade Yamaha Canada to show up for us. They brought a couple of bikes, an ATV, a scooter and even a 350HP outboard motor. :)

There were three reps there, two guys and a very nice young lady, and they said that they had strict instructions to bring back several pages of things that we, the customers, want to see on a new Venture.

Now I'm not sure how much Yamaha Japan had actually shared with them and they either knew little about the new Venture or else were swore to secrecy. What I was able to get out of them though is that there WILL be a 2009 Venture but that it will probably be pretty much the same as the previous models. I also got the impression that there WILL be an entirely new model for 2010 though. So, I'm not sure how accurate this info is but that was the word. They also admitted though that they are not always given the top secret info and all this could be incorrect.

I thought it was great though that Yamaha Canada took the time to come to our rally. They also handed out goody bags with caps, shirts, lanyards, etc. and even attended our wrap-up dinner on Wednesday night. I sure appreciate them a lot more than I do Yamaha USA who won't give us the time of day.

I was talking the other day to a Yamaha dealer owner pretty nice guy said they wont know much until a September Dealers meeting I thought he said it was in Vegas. He also said Harley is having trouble selling bikes I thought this was just dealer rivalry but I stopped by a Harely dealer with a buddy for some parts and a salesman there was complaining that some other dealers are discounting Harelys by $1500 and making it hard for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. The powers that be obviously feel cruiser riders are too dumb to handle any real power, reference the Royal Star and also the Triumph Rocket III Tourer. I've ridden both "before" and "after" models. The RIIIT wouldn't bust the tire loose in the rain... the original RIII did wheelies and scared me.

Lots of speculation on the hopefully redesigned RSV. I know a majority of the 1st genner owners want it to be a redesign of the 1st gen platform. I have had both platforms and even though I have just bought an '08 I would be in for a cruiser style 1700 V4.

One of the biggest reasons I got rid of my 1st gen was the foot position of it. After buying the latest '86 of mine, I realised that I can't go back to the feet under foot position. If it goes back to a 1st gen styling, it wont be for me. If you guys want a sport type touring go with the FJR or ST 1300....besides Yamaha seems to never listen to us anyhow so why should they start now :confused24:

Lots of speculation on the hopefully redesigned RSV. I know a majority of the 1st genner owners want it to be a redesign of the 1st gen platform. I have had both platforms and even though I have just bought an '08 I would be in for a cruiser style 1700 V4.

One of the biggest reasons I got rid of my 1st gen was the foot position of it. After buying the latest '86 of mine, I realised that I can't go back to the feet under foot position. If it goes back to a 1st gen styling, it wont be for me. If you guys want a sport type touring go with the FJR or ST 1300....besides Yamaha seems to never listen to us anyhow so why should they start now

:confused24:

I had suggested to the Yamaha Canada reps at the rally, the ability to have either footing position, that could be an option. Now it is wait & see what happens.

Given what they can charge and the development that's already taken place, I really can't see why there shouldn't be a choice of tune selected by the flick of a switch (as per a few current 600s) - different fuel management and maybe valve timing to give either maximum power or low down grunt.

What I don't understand is why/how they detune an engine to give less performance and then uses MORE petrol.

I could cope with torque at lower revs and less overall power if it meant I could cruise further (and faster without stopping) with less vibes. Is that really so much to ask ?

With this size of engine, how about a diesel version, if only for the European market ? (Our eleven year old Golf 1.9 turbodiesel produces 90hp, but there's a 110hp version - newer ones produce more - and it can do over 60mpg in a >1 tonne car !)

Given what they can charge and the development that's already taken place, I really can't see why there shouldn't be a choice of tune selected by the flick of a switch (as per a few current 600s) - different fuel management and maybe valve timing to give either maximum power or low down grunt.

What I don't understand is why/how they detune an engine to give less performance and then uses MORE petrol.

I could cope with torque at lower revs and less overall power if it meant I could cruise further (and faster without stopping) with less vibes. Is that really so much to ask ?

With this size of engine, how about a diesel version, if only for the European market ? (Our eleven year old Golf 1.9 turbodiesel produces 90hp, but there's a 110hp version - newer ones produce more - and it can do over 60mpg in a >1 tonne car !)

He's right...:bang head: my VW Jetta TDI gets 50 mpg, weighs 3,000 lbs., has a faster top speed (chip modded) than my RSTD which gets 30mpg,:mo money: weighs 800 lbs., and is slower than any Yamaha has a right to be.