IGNORED

??? For Cinderella

Steve S

hey thanks for asking !

He is doing exceptionally well...he hasn't had to use the strong pain meds at all.....been using the lighter ones and says it takes the edge off and he is fine.

he kinda had a rough night sleeping last night..sleep a few hrs wake up..sleep a few...he never made it to the bed last night..i think he went from recliner to couch..thats where i found him this morning.

then he moved to the bed and slept til about noon..lol.

only real problem he has had is when he was sitting at the computer and i bent to pick something up beside him and kind of came down on his shoulder.....:innocent:

I guess i just wasnt thinking and paying attention..easy for me to forget, because he had a shirt over him and i wasnt seeing the bandage and sling. yes I caught h*** !

I did give him a stand up bath today with the shower that is removable and can be hand held.....:D...i think that made him feel a whole better....not allowed to immerse it yet.

I thnk he is in a lot less pain than he anticipated....guess thats thanks to having a good doctor or maybe a lot of pain tolerance??:think: it was a lot of fun taking the bandages off since he is kind of hairy and i dint have the heart to yank cause i was afraid id jerk his shoulder...

He isnt sposed to drive for a week and we took a little drive yesterday and it was hard for him to let me drive, i refused to let him....I have a feeling that wont last as he has to report to work monday afternoon and i cant pick him up since he gets off between 3 and 5 am.

thats about all i can tell ya right now......

except he has learned when he has to go relieve himself he better make sure he gets everything out of the way since he only has 1 hand.........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm glad to hear that Dale is doing so well. He is bouncing back very fast if he is on the couch already. With my first surgery I slept in the recliner for 12 weeks. But it pretty bad. The doc tried to fix it with a scope, but couldn't so they had to open the shoulder up. That adds a lot of time to the recovery.

Tell him we will continue to pray for him AND you, if you grab his shoulder again. :no-no-no:

Thanks for the update.

Maybe things are catching up or something but he is in more pain this morning.

He slept in bed last night.....we prop him up on a bunch of pillows and he got up when I did at 6 and hovered his way to recliner and a pain pill.

maybe the new desert im gonna make him today will help.......:whistling:

he loves banana cream pie with graham cracker crust.....and he loves cheese cake..

so this will be graham cracker crust with a layer of cheesecake topped with a layer of sliced bananas and then the banana pie filling over that and topped with whipped cream....

maybe the new desert im gonna make him today will help.......:whistling:

he loves banana cream pie with graham cracker crust.....and he loves cheese cake..

so this will be graham cracker crust with a layer of cheesecake topped with a layer of sliced bananas and then the banana pie filling over that and topped with whipped cream....

And it takes how long to get to Kearney from Indy???????? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Dan

must be worse than i thought this morning...........he finally called in the BIG Boys for pain...........and now is out cold...........looks like fathers day will be spent in oblivion...

:rotfl::rotfl:

okay cindy, i must have missed something here. what happened to dale. fill me in . what ever it is hope he is okay. bill :sign brain fart::2133:

okay cindy, i must have missed something here. what happened to dale. fill me in . what ever it is hope he is okay. bill :sign brain fart::2133:

boy bill.if you would stay off that new bike for a few minutes you wouldnt miss so much:rasberry:

he had shoulder surgery thursday........

boy bill.if you would stay off that new bike for a few minutes you wouldnt miss so much:rasberry:

he had shoulder surgery thursday........

i could tell you how to make him forget the shoulder pain, but you probably already tried that. :rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rasberry: tell dale to get well, enjoy taking it easy, and make the most of being waited on. :)

must be worse than i thought this morning...........he finally called in the BIG Boys for pain...........and now is out cold...........looks like fathers day will be spent in oblivion...

:rotfl::rotfl:

Cinderella

Ole blissful oblivion that he is in

Ain't always bad to be within

I visit sometimes quite actually

because of that pain I get in reality

When sometimes I confront Gravity

Who is much more a bad ass than I can be.

Hope this brings a smile,

so you guys who've been thru this.......is this normal for the pain to be getting worse now?

he had to take 2 of the stronger pain pills this morning.....and it angers me that Ford is making him retun to work tonight

all i can figure is WC wont pay for the first 3 days u are off work unless u miss 15 ( this is at ford)..so they bring him back to work after 3 days off so they dont have to pay him for those 3 days. BS !

now he reports to work in a useless state, in pain, on pain medication......this is real safe:think:

make him sit there for 8 or so hours.....I dont care for him to be driving while on pain meds..but I dont think anyone lives real near us that works his shift that we know to ride with.....and then if they work over he is stuck sitting there longer...what to do , what to do.....

my mouth is wanting to use some words I'm not allowed to use here..so I will stop !:no-no-no:

Cindy.

With both of my surguries I noticed an increase in the pain level after the meds from surgery wore off. Also I was feeling froggy and tried to move around a little more. I had to take Percocet until I started seeing little animals on the walls.:whistling: LOL If he is taking strong meds he sure doesn't need to be driving ANYWHERE, much less to work.

I can't imagine an employer want to take that kind of liability by making him show up for work, then sit in a chair for 8 hrs. Can we say STUPID :bang head::bang head::bang head: here??? I bet his doctor could override that order. I have found that brownies help with doctor bribes.:thumbsup2:

I told him to call the doc and see what he could do............problem is these doctors work with the policies wc and ford have set up........

so I dont know if we would get anywhere.........

originally when we left from surgery the orders were not to go to work for a week........then I reminded the nurse he had to go back sooner.

Cindy

I just cannot imagine any company woud want an employee to show up while they were taking narcotics. I don't know what he is taking, but Loritab and Percoset are both narcotics. If he were to just fall asleep and fall out of the chair they would be liable for more than just a couple of days pay. I would call and beg the doctor to rewrite the order explaining that Gary was taking narcotics. (Of course you HAVE to talk to his nurse first, hence the brownies)(Nurses run on chocolate).

Good Luck.