IGNORED

Leveling Links

BigD

Well, I just received my leveling links from Diamond R today. Is this a two person job, or something I could do myself. The instructions looked pretty straight forward. I'm picking up my lift adapter hopefully this weekend from Larry, and doing it sometime soon after. Thanks for your help.

I took longer than Freebird, but it was also the first time I had the rear wheel off, so I took the opportunity to grease the pins and splines of the rear wheel drive, and pull the drive shaft and grease those splines as well. Took me more than an hour, but I didn't see the need to hurry. Nobody was paying me by the hour. If you decide to pull the drive shaft be sure to check out the tech library on the subject. It helps when putting everything back together in the right sequence.

You'll enjoy those leveling links.

I took longer than Freebird,

You'll enjoy those leveling links.

Hey Stoutman don't worry about how long it took, Don's a salesman so his 30 minute job was probably a we bit longer :rotf: :stirthepot:

( no offense to sales people I had a bad day with our sales guy overselling things and I had to pick up the pieces, like always)

Brad

I just put on my leveling links 2 weeks ago. Finally got to ride it Monday and WOW, what a difference. Holding them up to the stock links doesn't look like much of a difference, but it is when you ride. Much easier to handle. Took me a little more than an hour, but it was my first time and I didn't take the rear wheel off either.

Hey Stoutman don't worry about how long it took, Don's a salesman so his 30 minute job was probably a we bit longer :rotf: :stirthepot:

( no offense to sales people I had a bad day with our sales guy overselling things and I had to pick up the pieces, like always)

Brad

Be carefull Brad....I'm a salesman too and did it under 30 mins as well...!!:no-no-no:

I just put on my leveling links 2 weeks ago. Finally got to ride it Monday and WOW, what a difference. Holding them up to the stock links doesn't look like much of a difference, but it is when you ride. Much easier to handle. Took me a little more than an hour, but it was my first time and I didn't take the rear wheel off either.

Hey Chris, could I ask a favor?

Could you measure the stock links end to end and hole center to hole center and let me know how long they are. Trying to find out if the 99 I got has the stock or the shorter links.

Thanks

Yes, they are just silver. Stainless without coating. At least that is what I hope they are (putting mine on this weekend). Shouldn't need to grease the links, but you should grease the pivot bracket (has 3 bolt passages/bearings).

RR

You should be able to tell easy enough. The new links are stainless steel if they were made by Diamond R. As for measurements, here is a thread that might help.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=492

Hey Don,

I just installed mine from Diamond R last week and they didn't appear to be stainess steel to me. I could possibly be wrong but they looked like reqular carbon steel so I painted them.

Dog

:canada: :canada: [q

uote=Mean Dog;70032]Hey Don,

I just installed mine from Diamond R last week and they didn't appear to be stainess steel to me. I could possibly be wrong but they looked like reqular carbon steel so I painted them.

Dog

To see if it's stainless steel, use a magnet. The better the stainless steel the less the magnetic pull.

Bigbob. :canada: :canada:

Be carefull Brad....I'm a salesman too and did it under 30 mins as well...!!:no-no-no:

Boomer (Brad). I was just razing the Chief, seems he must be settling down. I figure he was ignoring me !

Sorry No offense.

Brad

I was about to try making my own, but then Allen came out with his stainless ones and I went that way. I'm a do it yourselfer most of the time. The one thing that concerned me about making my own was getting the correct grade of steel. I didn't know how tough or hard the stock links were, and I only had easy access to mild steel. When the stainless ones became available that cinched the deal for me. I knew the stainless ones would be as strong or stronger than stock, plus I didn't have to worry about the finish.

Boomer (Brad). I was just razing the Chief, seems he must be settling down. I figure he was ignoring me !

Sorry No offense.

Brad

None taken Lil' Bro....If I can't have some fun pullin' yer leg every now an again, then it's no fun at all :rotf: :rotf:

Stay warm up there in Kitchener....is the Holiday Inn still there? I closed the bar in that place on several occasions!

BTW- It did only take 30 mins to convert!

Brad !

Stay warm up there in Kitchener....is the Holiday Inn still there? I closed the bar in that place on several occasions!

BTW- It did only take 30 mins to convert!

Brad !

Holiday Inn near Fairway mall ? That is close to Swifty but I still think it is there.

Don't pay much attention to hotels here. Obviously on Business ? What place were you visiting ?

I am hoping to see if it takes me less than 30 minutes as well.

Brad