IGNORED

A Long Time Rider

larrydr

I started to ride off road in 1959 and started to ride the road in 1963 ... I have enjoyed every mile with the only sound was the wind  ...Sometimes In a early evening ride I would pull the bike onto the shoulder and turn it off ..I would sit and listen , and sometimes there was no sound at all with only the sound of birds overhead , other times there was some sound in the distance . .I have call it done as I am turning 77 years old and it is a difficult decision .. ..An old injury is coming back to haunt me .  To all riders enjoy the ride KEEP IT BETWEEN THE LINES AND THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN  ..

• Sad 4

No doubt you have plenty of stories to share. Fro all of us who I've long enough we will reach the point where we can no longer ride. A reminder to enjoy what do each and every time. Thank you 

• Like 1

I understand how you feel. I'm 68 and can still ride but it's difficult to do so because my wife is always in pain.  I've decided two or three times that I was done riding but always end up buying something else.  I've got the trike for sale now and do not intend to but another bike but I guess time will tell.  You have a lot of great memories.  Take care my friend.

I used to say that I wanted to go down in an 80 mph low side slide with a rebel yell into my grave. Now that I have grand kids, I'm thinking I might hang around long enough to have to face the day I can't ride anymore. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I got a Trike last year to ride with my wife. The Trike has been down for repairs since late April, so I've been riding my bike. The repairs have been made, but I haven't told her yet.  Today the wife went to a baby shower, so I used the opportunity to make a 90-mile trip to our "local" Lowes. It was a very important part I needed to fix my bro-in-laws air compressor, so I felt the travel time was well worth it.  

At 68 I still do well two up, but I know my time is limited to the bike and I ride as often as I can. 

3 hours ago, Marcarl said:

I think it's best to quit riding when the time comes, not to try and stretch it out. That way you can enjoy wonderful memories and not be thinking as to why you didn't quit one ride sooner.

I look at the safety side of things , being safe on the road is what everyone should be doing ..  I have had some close calls but managed to avoid a wreck because I learned to handle a bike  at most any speed

• Like 1