IGNORED

Its always something...

cowpuc

A person on an E-Bike forum was complaining about his E-Bike being totally unsafe (again) because the factory forgot to put lock-tight on a frame safety latch. There seems to be a fair amount of this type of individual on that site, and in the world we live in these days, that lack in life's lessons so I wrote this in response to his post: When I was a kid back in the mid 60's, before I started chopping motorcycles in the late 60's, I chopped bicycles by hacksawing the hollow forks off Huffy bicycles and slipping the hollow forks over the forks of a schwinn solid fork set, they fit pretty good too. All was well until I tried my first wheelie on my chopped banana seat schwinn bicycle with the racing slick on its back side. I learned a lot from that 1st faceplant after those huffy forks slid down and my bikes front wheel with cut off Huffy forks attached to them went rolling on without me. Probably one of the most important life lessons I learned was that it would always be something, life happens if you engage with it. As I lay there twisted up in a pretzel this question came to my mind, "do I REALLY want to try that again, ever?". About the time the blood had stopped running down my chin and off my knees and elbows those questions were answered as I slid the hollow Huffy forks with my front wheel attached back onto my Schwinn front end and tossed my leg back over the banana seat on my chopped bicycle. I also learned there are two kinds of people in the world, those that experience living life large while they brush off the blood and broken bones of doing so and those that sit on the sidelines and let life overwhelm them with its "its always something".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Always something is right ....  No one wants to be responsible for them selves or willing to take care of the little things that happen in life ...It is time for all these so called helpless to pull up their socks and get things done .

• Like 2

LOL....we all did things back in the day that caused some pain.  Today, people would be blaming the manufacturers for every bump and bruise but we dusted ourselves off and tried again.  I used to LOVE hill climbing and still have the scars to prove it.  I never actually owned a bike that most would consider geared toward hill climbing, just rode what I had.  When I was about 15 years old, my ride was a, don't remember but I think 1967, Harley 250 Sprint.  That was my street bike, my motocross bike, and my hill climbing bike.  It had great torque and did a fine job.  I had plenty of burns from that hot exhaust though.  Those were some of the best days of my life.

Don't have any pictures of my bike but it was exactly like this one.  To be honest, I pushed it more than a few times but loved it just the same.  I could always get it running again.  

45005_425949339389_5775384_n.jpg

• Like 3

Yup...My first street legal bike was a 74 Honda XL350,  rode it from Y-Town to Hillsville PA to hill-climb, then back home.  

Got a bit more beat up each time, but I don't remember it ever NOT getting me home...even with a rear flat, I still (almost) made the 20 mile trip home.   Was getting close and the car in front of me braked hard....so did I....Tire separated from rim and I went down...fairly soft drop, but had to wait for my buddy to bring a truck to get the last few miles.   That was a great bike, even though hill climbing generally beats the crap out of a bike, it always started and ran.

• Like 1

Yep it’s always their fault, I think I’ll blame my recent incident on Yamaha for not providing stronger windshield mounts to hold the aftermarket windshield blade they had to have known I was gonna use 15 years after the bike was built. The blade manufacturer for using a material strong enough to break my teeth should get part of the blame, the landowner that let the grass grow that provided habitat for the bird I hit owes me something. The state should’ve made the road wider for more reaction time and put up bird crossing signs. I bet I could find a lawyer that’d sue all of them never taking into account my actions or acts of God. I could be rich!!!!!!!😁😁😁I’d probably lose the the lawsuit because I have a car tire on my bike and as everyone knows by reading the darkside posts insurance won’t pay for a bike with a car tire so now it’s my fault. 😩😩😩. Maybe I can sue the tire manufacturer because it’s not stamped in the sidewall “NOT FOR MOTORCYCLE USE”. 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

OK I’ll quit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4