I have mine mounted over the right side reservoir. I used a Roady mount. Split the fairing and put an extra power point in there and ran the wires in there. Also plugged the sound cable into the spare jack in the side of the radio. Works well but I have to zip tie the radio to the mount because the vibration and wind push it around and the radio loses power once in awhile. Rode half way across the country without having to change the channel. Its one of the best things I put on the bike.

Tartan...do you have any pics of it mounted on your bike? Lot's of stuff there I don't need though.

I see the one in your pic gallery but that's not the same thing is it?

Ill take a few later. I actually thought I had one in my gallery but that was the old one and this one is much better. It actually sits lower and the antenna is right on top of the res.

Guys, any idea where the best place to mount a Sirrius radio on a 2nd Gen?

Good Morning, I installed my sirius on the cover for the cassette, ( don't own any cassettes.) first i removed the star emblem, used two sided tape to install the mounting bracket, and also put two small screws in the cover, (these will be covered if i ever reinstall the star emblem) then drilled a small hole to plug the sirius into the cassette player. see pixs.

Good Morning, I installed my sirius on the cover for the cassette, ( don't own any cassettes.) first i removed the star emblem, used two sided tape to install the mounting bracket, and also put two small screws in the cover, (these will be covered if i ever reinstall the star emblem) then drilled a small hole to plug the sirius into the cassette player. see pixs.

You just gave me a new thougt about how I am going to install mine.

Fabbed up a mount that attaches to the plastic cover at the gas cap with the 2 screws that are already there. made mount out of a alum mud flap i got from the Advance auto parts store.do not have any pics of it yet but it works great. added 2 square stickey backed pads to rest the lower part on the gas tank rubber strip. does not move around any at all. mounted docking station on plate & ran wiring under mount & plastic cover down to wiring harness going into fairing. Still moving antenna around trying to get signal to not drop out.