IGNORED

i hate to admit that i'm ignorant

hipshot

BUT!!!!

what is the purpose, and or advantages of the "v.r. friends",LIST?

is it the same as the old "BUDDIES LIST". what can you use the list for, ?

I.E., can you send "personal messages " to all the members on your list, like a "mass e mail"?

i am confuzzeled!

just jt:think:

I have found it easy to send a PM when it is on the left nav bar. You can see who likes who in their profile, :big-grin-emoticon:. Sometimes I will click through them to see other profiles - i hit the refresh button a lot on the forum page to see new pictures, lol. I have been known to have a drink now and then. Sometimes I cross the road without looking (not really). Other than that, i have not found anything else yet.

BUT!!!!

what is the purpose, and or advantages of the "v.r. friends",LIST?

is it the same as the old "BUDDIES LIST". what can you use the list for, ?

I.E., can you send "personal messages " to all the members on your list, like a "mass e mail"?

i am confuzzeled!

just jt:think:

Being the cynic that I am, it appears to me to be a simple way to give folks bragging rights. He/she who has the most friends wins. I also think we have started down a road that Don did not want to travel.

But again, I'm just cynical.

Well, one advantage is that you can get to your list of friends more quickly if you want to contact them.

Just under the "users CP" button, in the space at the top left, is the button "open contacts popup". That will bring up a window with a list of your "friends". Click the box next to their name(s) and you can PM them either individually or collectively. I believe this will also tell you if any of them are online as well.

Edited by gibvel

Being the cynic that I am, it appears to me to be a simple way to give folks bragging rights. He/she who has the most friends wins. I also think we have started down a road that Don did not want to travel.

I have to agree with you Black Owl..in fact, I remember reading the home page:

There are no cliques ..and with that being said.....

I dont need to add anyone to my friends list, cause you are all ..already there:thumbsup2:

OWL and ECK,

You guys are definitely on my list, like it or not.

I'll let you guess what kind of list.

I thought the same thing you guys did when I saw this "friend" thing.

I have been ignoring anyone that sends me a request but I'm still waiting for the first one.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jerry

Well I did it, I'll have to admit, didn't want to be left out,,,,got a lot of requests lately to be a friend,,,,, so I thought to join in,,,,,you know I like friends,,,, but the real advantage escapes me at this point,,,, as was mentioned, we are all friends. So maybe Don can enlighten us as to all the advantages of 'friends'????????

Folks, this is really nothing new. They changed it a bit with this last upgrade but there has always been a "buddy list". I think they just call it a friends list now. The function is about the same as far as I know. I really don't care about it one way or the other. I accept requests when I get them but then really don't pay attention to it. If the majority of you want it to go away, I can make that happen.