IGNORED

Minnesota's Local News Station Warning on the Wild Hogs Movie

RSTD-MN

Well...I've got mixed feelings. They offer some good advice and new riders should certainly take a safety course but geezzzz..........it's just a MOVIE...a COMEDY. WOW...what happened to good common sense. Just let people enjoy the movie and have fun. It amazes me that we need such warnings for every single thing today. Heck...remember when we were kids and watching the shoot em up westerns? Nobody had to tell me that it was only a tv show and that I shouldn't buy a six shooter and start shooting people.

Welcome to the Nanny State! This is the crap we put up with all the time. These morons that run the news media here are always looking for the next thing to "warn" us against.

Most of us don't actually watch these news shows.

Well...I've got mixed feelings. They offer some good advice and new riders should certainly take a safety course but geezzzz..........it's just a MOVIE...a COMEDY. WOW...what happened to good common sense. Just let people enjoy the movie and have fun. It amazes me that we need such warnings for every single thing today. Heck...remember when we were kids and watching the shoot em up westerns? Nobody had to tell me that it was only a tv show and that I shouldn't buy a six shooter and start shooting people.

:thumbsup2::clap2::clap2: That's what I was thinking too.

Most of us don't actually watch these news shows.

Ouch that really Hurts, I must not be part of the "Most" you were referring to there. I do watch it while I am crusing the net, help with my multitasking skills. :)

I agree totally with you though, they feel the need to inform the what age group did they say? 35-56 yrs of age that it is just a Movie.

David

Sorry, but I think the age group that needs to be warned are a lot younger, 16-26 maybe, and it would be them on the Crotch Rockets. They seem to think they own the road and can drive however they want....Riding wheelies at 60 mph in a 45 zone zipping in and out of traffic. The more mature bike riders have more common sense than the younger organ donors do.

I don't even know how to put it in words. It's an insult to intelligence and there are always going to be idiots from every walk of life. The idiots they are trying to warn are the only ones that won't pay any attention to any warnings about anything. The narcisism of the self proclaimed do gooders that think they know what is best for the rest of us makes me want to throw up. We deal with this same kind of crap in Okla. also. Political correctness run amuck. :Im not listening toIt's a statistical fact that the more people start riding there will be an increase in accidents. It does'nt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I just fear that these talking heads will enact more insane policies about something they know nothing about. In Okla. when they enacted mandatory seat belt laws some bright politicians tried to include motorcycles In the seat belt legislation. Wow I really got fired up. I'll end my rant now.:7_2_104[1]:

More bikers are killed by inattentive drivers than inattentive bikers.

I agree big time, but here this past week we had a 19 yr old on a crotch rocket die, his fault. Two more crotch rocket accidents the same day in front of the mall because they were "showing off" that wasn't the drivers fault but the riders. Three different motorcycle accidents in one day. They were all teens and early 20's on rockets. Kids should not be placed on any of these type of motorcycles. Kids in cars behind the wheel is bad enough. They think they are invinsable and don't care about anything or anyone around them, but a movie is not gonna cause it. If they are gonna act dumb on a bike or in a car, their gonna do it without the help of a movie. I think the media needs to back off and look at the real problem. EVERYONE is the problem. EVERYONE needs too be very careful out there and take a close look at their surroundings and to look all around. Just keep on the look out weather your on a bike or in a cage. Just always have your guard up and stay SAFE.:soapbox::080402gudl_prv:

No helmet law in MN. It was repealed in about 1974 about the same time the eye protection law was enacted. Yep I am gonna do what they did in the movie. The must figure we all are like the ones watching Jackass. Did they do a bit on that?

Typical media garbage.

No offence to anyone involved in the media here on an individual basis but in general I think the media has caused a lot more problems than they fix.

We live in a world where it seems that no one is responsible for their own actions, but of course we are.

No helmet law in MN. It was repealed in about 1974 about the same time the eye protection law was enacted. Yep I am gonna do what they did in the movie. The must figure we all are like the ones watching Jackass. Did they do a bit on that?

I agree. I can't wait until I can get 3 of my knucklehead friends together and ride across the country. Pi** of some biker gang and blow up their bar. TV needs a reality check.....Then again, never forget a Redneck's last words......

Hey Ya'll.....Watch this!!

But this news piece isn't talking about dumb kids on crotch rockets. It's wagging it's cautionary finger specifically at men over 50 to remember that "it's only a movie" and "don't try this at home." It's just a very patronizing news piece that thinks that "older" people can't distinguish between fantasy and reality. It really has nothing to do with the benefits of rider safety.

I agree big time, but here this past week we had a 19 yr old on a crotch rocket die, his fault. Two more crotch rocket accidents the same day in front of the mall because they were "showing off" that wasn't the drivers fault but the riders. Three different motorcycle accidents in one day. They were all teens and early 20's on rockets. Kids should not be placed on any of these type of motorcycles. Kids in cars behind the wheel is bad enough. They think they are invinsable and don't care about anything or anyone around them, but a movie is not gonna cause it. If they are gonna act dumb on a bike or in a car, their gonna do it without the help of a movie. I think the media needs to back off and look at the real problem. EVERYONE is the problem. EVERYONE needs too be very careful out there and take a close look at their surroundings and to look all around. Just keep on the look out weather your on a bike or in a cage. Just always have your guard up and stay SAFE.:soapbox::080402gudl_prv:

:stickinouttounge: :stickinouttounge: well put don, just what the heck do they think we are ??? morons?? most people know that it just a funny film to make us laff.. sure there are a few idiots out there , but this wont jnfect them anyway, theyre already braindead... SHHEEEESH!!!

This has to be the dumbest thing Ihave heard from the media in the last 24 hrs. It just a movie. I have seen it and thought it was great. A good clean fun comedy that does not come along much this day and age. Just my thoughts. PS going to see it again.

• 2 weeks later...

:rotf:OMG! ROFLMAO! I think the media should do a story on stupid media reports. Or would that be redundant? Just goes to show that stupid people shouldn't bread. Now why is it that in all these statistics, they only tell half the story? Say 4 times as many people are doing it and there are 2 times the problems, wouldn't that mean the problems are actually reduced by 50%? They never tell all the facts. Just the fact that there are 2 times the problems. Crap! I just realized I'm in that age group. I'm hungry! Where is my bottle?!?!?! I want my MOMMY! OOPS! I just made a poo poo in my diaper! Oh, wait, I'm NOT a baby anymore! So the MN. State Patrol and the media can bite my shinny metal ass!