IGNORED

and were off

well today is the day we head off for a little ride.

we will be headed through Shippinsburg Pa, St Louis MO, Memphis Tn, Birmingham Ala, Atlanta Ga, Greenville Sc and finally Washington Dc for the run for the wall.

Hopefully we will run into a member or two along the way so if you see a black rsv towing a white camper give us a wave.

Tina will have her laptop and will try to keep posting updates as we go and hopefully some pictures too.

well thats all for now.

ride safe everyone.

Mike and T

DC from PA by way of St Louis, Memphis, and Birmingham.....you need to get a new GPS !!!!!!

Just kidding, have a great ride. I will be in DC over the holiday weekend but I'll be in a motor coach, on charter. If you see a "Visions Tours" bus, that's me!!!

Tina will have her laptop and will try to keep posting updates as we go and hopefully some pictures too.

well thats all for now.

Mike and Tina,

If your travels bring you close to Huntsville, Al. send me a p-email and I will meet you guys someplace. :thumbsup2:

When you get to Atlanta and have some time, give me a shout, and if possible maybe we can hook up for coffee or lunch or something......my numbers are on the VR assistance list..........Have a great ride and be safe..........

we will be headed through Shippinsburg Pa, St Louis MO, Memphis Tn, Birmingham Ala, Atlanta Ga, Greenville Sc and finally Washington Dc for the run for the wall.

Hopefully we will run into a member or two along the way so if you see a black rsv towing a white camper give us a wave.

well thats all for now.

ride safe everyone.

Mike and T

well thats all for now.

ride safe everyone.

Mike and T

Hey you two ...

Have a good trip , no rain no snow an sunny sky's all the way .

ED

Hi Mike and Tina, good to hear from you all!! And with such good news, taking a trip....yahoo!!! Be safe and have fun, and always watch out for those dumb drivers who don't watch out for you!!

Hope to see you soon...:240:

ok finally internet access.

the trip started out with a little glitch and we had to turn back to fix a problem with our camper so that set us back a bit.

our first night was spent in lewiston pa and we awoke to rain and cold.(bummer) but we took off anyway and rode as far as we our frozen bodies would let us. we ended up in friendsvile md and thought we had entered the twilight zone. it was either redneck heaven or redneck hell depending if you lived there or not. needless to say we were anxious to get moving along so up and adam bright and early and on to our first stop on our diners drive ins and dives tour.

the first diner was in lesage wv called hillbilly hotdogs. two busses put together and called close enough. all visitors are encouraged to sign anything in on or around the place and leave trinkets as decorations. it was definatly something to see with excellent food to boot. any kind of dog you can think of and even a hamburger the size of a manhole cover. mmm mmm good.

next stop was an old truck stop in smokey valley ky with pies 6" thick and great food. we knew it was going to be good when we pulled in the parking lot and there were a bunch of bikes out front. to us that is a good sign.

after another stuffing meal it was on to cave city ky for a night is sylvester the cats cabin. it was very small but cute and still bigger than our camper and only 40 bucks.

at 6am it was off to marys home cooking in bowling green ky. talk about the best breakfast. the bacon was the most bacony flavored bacon we ever had and the homemade strawberry preserves were the best. everything was just perfect.

our next stop was a big bust 100 miles north to santa clause indiana and the only thing open was an amusement park so we never even got off the bike,we just kept on truckin to st louis to a place called sweetie pies for a 30 minute wait in line for some of the best fried chicken and mac and cheese that is to die for. the owner was a back up singer for ike and tina turner and what a nice lady.

while in st louis we were going to go up in the arch the next morning but the locals at the restaurant seemed to think that it was a bad idea for us to stay the night in the city. we werent sure if they just didnt like bikers or tourists or what it was so we decided to move on. which was just as well as that city is a zoo to get around in.

which brings us to last night in perryville mo at the travellodge where we were the only guests in the entire hotel. kinda cool.

thats it for now, sorry it is so long, hopefully we will have internet access again in a couple days for another update. till then ride safe everyone and thanks for all the warm wishes.

mike and t

Edited by mikentinamidnight
To add pics

ok were back again this time from oxford alabama in the middle of tornado warnings with hail and heavy rain, thankfully we are not in the camper.

not a whole lot to update this time.

we did stop at lamberts cafe in sikeston mo and that was interesting. they are the home of the throwed rolls where if you want a roll they just throw it to you from wherever they are in the room. there also people that roam around with big bowls of deep fried okra, fried potato slices, tomatoes and macaroni and black beans. it was excellent food served fast and hot. if anyone gets in the area it is a must see.

our stop at the hollywood restaurant in robinsville ms was a bust as they were closed (only open from 11 till 2 go figure).

we did learn that there is absolutly NOTHING in that part of mississippi and towns are few and far between. we were wondering if we were going to run out of gas as we had been fighting a strong headwind all day and only getting around 22mpg.

once we did find fuel the next challange was to find a campground but that didnt work so we settled for a cheap hotel in clarksdale ms and headed out early for 29 dreams motorcycle resort in birmingham al to stay there for the night but they were closed. (another bummer) oh well that is what makes the trip interesting.

and that brings us to oxford and this cool storm so we are going to go sit on the balcony and watch the show. till next time ride safe everyone.

mike and t

Edited by mikentinamidnight

ok back again this time from hillsborough nc.

last night was spent at my mothers house in simpsonville sc. we had a nice visit and went to a drive in called the beacon in spartanburg.we have been there before and they have the best sweet tea and the order process is unusual. you tell the man what you want and he just yells it out. by the time you get to the end of the counter your meal is ready and boy is it good. you have to dig through all the onion rings to find your burger.

mmm mmm good

2682 miles so far and we will be in dc tomorrow night till monday morning. hopefully we will see some of you there.

ride safe everyone.

mike and t

well we made it home safe and sound. 3409 miles and the yamaha was perfect the whole time. we really like this bike.

rolling thunder was excellent, emotional but excellent and all the monuments and memorials were really something to see.

we were suprised that we didnt see anyone from here as we were looking and i know that some were there.

i did see several other rsvs and i stuck a business card on them so hopefully we will get a few new visitors.

jim roberts, we went to 29 dreams and there was noone there, the gate was open but the buildings were locked and not a soul in sight. we did like the road to get there though, nice and twisty. barber museum was on our list to go see but it was to late in the day so we just kept on motoring.

hale374, sorry we missed you we looked all over and found lots of ventures but no owners.

dragonrider, how in the hell do you live an atlanta? we couldnt wait to get out of that zoo, and we thought the traffic in st louis was bad, you must really have BIG kajonies.

wild hair 39, we didnt see any voyagers because we were too scared to take our eyes off the surrounding traffic while we were in st louis. its not someplace i ever want to ride in again.

eck, thanks for the invite but by that time we were kind of pressed for time. hopefully we can get together again sometime.

thanks everyone for the good wishes and we look forward to hearing of your travels.

ride safe everyone

mike and t

Well I actually didn't get to go to Rolling Thunder. I had the dreaded crunching and clicking rear end issue. It is in the shop today getting re-greased and aligned if needed. Mechanic knew exactly what the problem was. Glad you guys are home safe and had a great time.