IGNORED

Tires, Tires, Where to buy

Marcarl

Thought I'd start a helpful thread on where to buy tires. It seems that prices are all over the board and if we can convince some retailer that there are 2000 members here that will buy on price we may have some results. Personally I don't mind if a retailer makes some money on what they sell, that way I know they will be there for service when I need it and will also be there when I need more stuff, but sometimes I see a ripoff happening and then it's time to put some competition into the mix. So when you post here, let us know where you bought your tires and for how much, including shipping or what ever else you paid.

Bought 2 Avon Vemons A41 and A45 for $500.00 mounted and balanced, Brantford ON 2006

Thats probably a great deal for Canada, but I use Southwest Moto Tire. 1 because they donated the tires on Charlies bike and 2 they are the cheapest. I can get 2 Avon shipped (Free when you buy 2) for $230, then about $80 worth of mounting and balancing and your golden.

If any of our Ontario members want to ship them here to my place just let me know.

I bought my ME880s from G.Bourque in Moncton, NB. The invoice read that the retail price was $281.55 discounted to $128.60 for the rear tire and $246.95 discounted to $135.95 for the front tire. My total was $362.14 including $20 for shipping from Moncton to Kingston, NS. Next day delivery as well. A local mechanic/parts seller installed and balanced them for $45.

I took off the saddlebags which had to be done anyway and drove to the shop like this.

Anderson Brothers Yamaha in Elizabeth City N.C 252-338-2211

I have paid on the high end $126 rear and as little for a rear 491 of $99 and front tires average around $109

The last rear tire I got from them was a Elite 3 at a cost of $124

He charges 0 for mounting if you bring him the rim and $20 per if you ride the scoot in. Yes he will ship to any US location but Canada will have to be done through a member.

Thats probably a great deal for Canada, but I use Southwest Moto Tire. 1 because they donated the tires on Charlies bike and 2 they are the cheapest. I can get 2 Avon shipped (Free when you buy 2) for $230, then about $80 worth of mounting and balancing and your golden.

If any of our Ontario members want to ship them here to my place just let me know.

Carl...this is what you MUST do next time...save big bucks.

And you can save more on the Mounting.... We all Know that Squidley mounts the tires.....He just might mount it for free if you buy him a Mexican lunch:Laugh: :Laugh:

I also bought tires from G.Bourque's in Moncton NB. Mine were Dunlop D404 for my 84 and they cost $198.98 for the pair and 29.84 tax for a grand total of $228.74. A friend picked them up and brought them to PEI for me saving shipping costs. I installed and balanced them myself. The best deal I could get local was about $50 more for the pair.

I put a little over 8000km (4800 miles) on last year and the rear is about 40-50% gone and the front looks like new.

• 2 weeks later...

Front & Rear tires from SW Moto, $ 230.00 delivered. Mount & balanced by me. Cheapest I've ever done. I put on the Avon's per the recommendations at this site. Took it for a 60m ride on Sat., great tires, quite and seam to handle real well ( MT9016 up front, stock size on the rear).

Thanks Folks: Will