After reading another post here it got me wondering... Not all bikes are all things to all riders. With that being said, what would you change about your RSV? For me:

1) Engine; EFI. :motorcyclehelmet:

2) Transmission; Get rid of that gear whine !

3) Saddlebags; Yamaha, can you say, "quick release" ?

4) CD player; Come on, a cassett player ? Why not an 8-track ? :Cartoon_397:

Well - maybe I'm too easy to please - just a couple of things....

1) for sure - that infernal whine has to go

2) 8 track would be nicer than cassette - or maybe a cd player????

3) a built-in GPS would be nice

That's about it - I'm quite happy with everything else

Nothing. I'm serious. For what I bought it for, this bike serves me great. I have another bike, that is perfect for what I bought it for. I really don't think that any one bike will ever serve as a all purpose, all around bike.

I was also thinking about the perfect Venture/RSTD. I think the basic platform is perfect and like the past Venture models the bike is VERY comfortable. That said if I was asked what the next generation changes I'd like, I could suggest the following changes.

- Slap the Road Liner V-twin motor in this puppy. That would take care of the chirp & bring the bike to the present with EFI. Plus it's a honking V-twin. Oh the sound!

- Offer ABS, not that the bike needs it... but it is nice.

- A reverse! These bikes are half the weight of a sub compact car. A reverse would be useful.

- Upgrade the crappy OEM tires from the start.

- 6 speed transmission.

- Larger gas tank. You'll like a 320 mile range if you tour remote places.

That's it! Of course adding on a GPS, radar detector, Corbin Seat, heated grips would be a consideration as well.. but individual preferences over what ones are best would make these things after market material. :think:

-- Adjustable windshield so I can see over it in the fog or sit behind it in the cold

-- Less engine/drive-train noise

-- Dump the cassette player and use the space for anything useful.

-- Update the audio system to easily integrate bluetooth cell phones, satellite radios and GPS

-- More powerful electrical system

-- 25% better fuel efficiency, especially prepared for the increasing use of bio fuels

-- Re-design the bag/trunk latches so those enormous latches don't take up so much room inside

-- Side-opening trunk, so I don't have to unload the back seat to open it

-- The instrument panel is really cool-looking, and one of the stylistic features that drew me to this bike, so don't louse it up with a bunch of cluttered gauges. If you must add a tach (why?), oil temp (why?), volt & ammeter (okay, but I wouldn't care for them if the electrical system were stronger to begin with), then put all of these instruments in as read-outs in the speedo's screen that we can turn off.

• 4 weeks later...

A while ago I got the oppertunity to test ride a Victory Vision Street. I don't know how many of you have seen this bike in person ( the pics do not do it justice )... It is deffinatley (sp) eye catching. Besides the futurama look to it, it rides very nice. It has some things I'ld personally love to see in the Venture, adjustable windsceen, very low center of gravity, a 6th gear, and EFI. I've also ridden a Roadliner. Another very nice bike. And again it has some things I'ld like to see in the Venture as well. It seems the the Japanise M/C manufacturers are trying a little to hard to emulate another M/C Co. (HD). I can't help but wonder if Victory is going to help light a fire under Yamaha's Toure/Cruiser lines and get them to listen to thier customer base ( me ). All in all, I'ld like Yamaha to take the best from each M/C manufacturer and make the best bike that they can.

I would change a couple of things about my 85 VR

- the cassette player would have to be changed out to mp3 player with some good speakers

-Floorboards so I can move my feet around to get comfy on a longer run.

-an adjustable height windshield , my buddy has this on his kaw concours , sweet!

-a little less upright sitting position, i like to slouch a bit more,,,,lol

Brian:cool10::cool10: