IGNORED

Need Help For Mothers Day Gift

GigaWhiskey

I have no idea what to get the ole lady or do for her for Mothers Day.

What have or will you do for your honey?

She wants a motorcycle but not any close enough for what I would spend.

Did she say what size??? Maybe get her a scale model of one....

Prepare to duck afterwards.....

Well, since Marilyn already has a bike I bought her drivers floor boards. Nothing mushy about those but its what she has hinted at for awhile now. Put on passenger floor boards two weeks ago as a neccessaty as our kids shoes where getting melted on the pipe.

Almost out of things to get for her bike....i suppose I can find some other chrome do dads over the summer though.

Getting your wife a bike would be awesome....expensive but then she is probably worth it.

I know my wife works hard over a desk and computer for hours on end so I got her an hour gift certificate for a massage. She loves massages as it keeps her shoulder muscles from being so tensed up all the time.

Your really leaving us kinda blind here GW

Is she a high maintenance type that expects roses and a fancy dinner, or can you pawn the kids off and perhaps take her out for a picnic on the bike...just the 2 of you :confused24:

Get a digital picture frame and load it with pictures of the bikes you would buy her if you weren't so cheap. You could throw some pics of you and the kids on there too just to keep it in the Mother's Day spirit.

Have a great weekend.

RR

Mr. Squid........I applaud you...now thats my kind of thinking......

I think we need to start a tech section for you to teach some of these boys the things that a lady would appreciate and make her happy..I will send hubby as your first student....:rasberry::rasberry:

Lonna sure has done a great job of training you !!!!:whistling::whistling:

Already know what I got. FrogMan got me a Hot Pink Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb mp3. I can listen to it walking, on the bike, or in my truck. Love it.:173: Already had the FM modular. Like the picnic and massage ideas too. Flowers or things for the yard, and jewerly also works. Don't forget to take her out to eat so that she doesn't have to cook. Hire a maid for a day etc. A night for just the two of you. Since most of us don't get to spend as much time as we need together. Hope this helps.

Man, you guys are real romantics:crackup:

Sarge---------floorboards?:173:

Rocket-----scale model of a bike?:think:

Salty Dog--------Cash?:mo money:

Poldar---Oil change?:rotfl:

Red Rider--------digital picture frame with pics of the bike you'd get her if you weren't so cheap?:rotf:

Spuid---------At least you have got it sort of figured out:smile5:

You guys crack me up:big-grin-emoticon:

Steve

A couple of years ago, I surprised Amy with a scooter on her birthday. 125cc, 60mph top end. She got to pick it out, I took her to the shop and she sat on them all and picked out the one she wanted; not the one I would have chosen.

Now she won't ride on the back of the Venture.

So, if you see an orange scooter rolling down the road, followed by a blue Venture, honk or wave.

My wife seldom wants much of anything but this year she wanted a Gazebo out by the pond. We went Friday evening and she picked one out. I put it all together yesterday. She loves it.

Cool.....Now I have a nice place to sit in the shade this year, while taking pics of the pond monster on maintenance day!!:rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Well, we looked yesterday for a bike but could not find anything that we could afford. Money is a little tight when it comes to large dollar items. The 2k a month daycare bill makes it tough.

We did come to a compromise that was kewl on both sides. She knows I want an iPhone and that I am waiting for the 2nd gen to come out. When that happens, I get my iPhone and we switch to AT&T, I get to buy a new phone for her.

We are going to look for a bike for her still, not trying to be cheap, just knowing that we can only spend so much - do not want to buy one on credit.

I still may pickup a scaled down one for her anyway, that is still a kewl idea.

I took friday off and got Mini on the back of her bike and we went for a 700+ mile ride I used the excuse of our daughter was graduating from college.then this morning I got up and made her breakfast.

You may not be able to do this but it was a nice time for us seeing as we dont get alot of time together anymore with me working away from home.

Jeff