What am I missing? For my zip code it shows $20.90 for shipping. Considering the size of the box that it will take with packing, that sounds extremely reasonable to me.

And mine's showing $80.35 Way more than it should... There are two links. The editor put them together when I posted. Maybe you're looking at the fairing that's bid up to $195...:mo money:

Yea, that does sound a bit high. On the other hand, I bought a guitar on Ebay a few weeks ago and the guy charged a flat rate shipping of $23.00. He shipped it to me but then emailed to explain that he had planned to send it priority (though he hadn't advertised it as such) but that it ended up costing him almost $90.00 to ship it from Sacramento to me in Ohio. He asked for nothing extra but I did send him a bit more money.

Yea, that does sound a bit high. On the other hand, I bought a guitar on Ebay a few weeks ago and the guy charged a flat rate shipping of $23.00. He shipped it to me but then emailed to explain that he had planned to send it priority (though he hadn't advertised it as such) but that it ended up costing him almost $90.00 to ship it from Sacramento to me in Ohio. He asked for nothing extra but I did send him a bit more money.

Hard to believe that a guitar woiuld cost $90 bucks shipped to the midwest from Sacramento. I ship 25-35 pound sails from here to the east coast for around $65 bucks. I don't think insurance cost is an issue. Some of these sails run $1500-$1800.

My shipping said $14 something for the 195 and $41 something for the other. My neighbor who works for the post office said something about UPS using the mail to deliver packages to some areas and mail rates went way up I wonder if thats the case here.

My shipping said $14 something for the 195 and $41 something for the other. My neighbor who works for the post office said something about UPS using the mail to deliver packages to some areas and mail rates went way up I wonder if thats the case here.

I just ran shipping and it did run more than expected, but still less, and...... Parcel post was only $27 bucks. For $50 bucks I could wait.... The point I'm trying to make here, without wallowing around in comparisons, is that $85 to ship a 3 pound fairing across the country is way too much.

What am I missing? For my zip code it shows $20.90 for shipping. Considering the size of the box that it will take with packing, that sounds extremely reasonable to me.

That same box showed over 65 bucks to me, but they gotta use dog sleds half the year, so I guess that would be the reason.... :think:

Brian

I just ran shipping and it did run more than expected, but still less, and...... Parcel post was only $27 bucks. For $50 bucks I could wait.... The point I'm trying to make here, without wallowing around in comparisons, is that $85 to ship a 3 pound fairing across the country is way too much.

Yea thats excessive sounding.