IGNORED

Avon Venom and Leveling Links

Moakster

I am getting ready to purchase new Avons for my Midnight 05 RSV. I have the leveling links installed and have read a lot of the threads that say go to the smaller front Avon to improve the handling. My question is if I already have the links and the the bike handles great does buying the smaller front tire make a difference in the handling?

Moakster

I guess opinions and desired feel vary. With the 404 Dunlops I tried the leveling links, then removed them and lowered the front 1/2 inch. I then went with the narrow Avon with the lowered front, raising the front back to stock a few days later. For me the narrow Avon and standard suspension height is the best feel out of everything tried.

Jerry

Thanks guys, new y'all would know which way to go. Ordering the 150/80HB-16 front and the 150/90HB-15 rear tomorrow.

Moakster

I just ordered the rear from Dennis Kirk, $120 delivered. Got it in 2 days.:2143:

Just rode the bike home with new stock-sized Avons and the leveling links. Did short tryout in the parking lot but didn't want to try a real rodeo until I put a few more miles on (wear off the new coating). The Avons make a HUGE difference rolling into the curves (you should see my commute from North Little Rock to Otto!). This beast thinks it's a sport bike!

Yes, guys, I know I should have trashed the Bridgestones sooner but I'm just TOO CHEAP.

Lynn