IGNORED

08 Clutch Lever

Guest reggiepelletier

Guest reggiepelletier

Hello everyone....The weather here in central Florida is really starting to heat up (hit 90 today)

Hoping someone has found a solution to this problem. I have average size hands and I am having a problem reaching the clutch lever while keeping my hand firmly on the grip. As it appears that there is not an adjustment that will move thelever closer to the grip I am hoping that there is a company that makes a sutible adjustable clutch lever that will fit my 08 RSV.

Many thanks......

Had a similar problem when my wife was riding her own bike. She has a bum left hand and was having grabbing and controlling the clutch lever. Bought a couple of replacement levers and took then to a friend that had a welding shop. He heated the levers up and "GENTLY" bent them to what we thought would work. Found the one she liked the best and still allowed the clutch to disengage fully and we had him bend the others just the same. We always had at least one spare and the tools needed to change the lever on the bike just in case the lever broke or she dropped the bike and snapped the lever.

The levers are just cast aluminum and will not take much abuse as far as heating them or knocking around after they have been heated. If they are chrome plated heating them enough to bend them will blister the chrome.

Not a perfect solution but it worked just fine for her.

Good Luck

My hands are average in size too and I dont seem to have a problem gripping the lever. I even have it covered in leather. Have you tried loosening the assembly and either raising or lowering it? It might be just mounted too low.

I have bent levers many times with no problems. Be carful not to overheat and let it cool slowly. On the range bikes when the levers get bent from getting dropped I bend them back cold and most of the time they are ok. Levers on the range bikes are lighter than the Venture. Rod

I don't know if they would fit on a RSV but my old Kawasaki Vulcan classic 98 had adjustable levers for both the clutch and the brake lever. Might want to check those out. They used a little roll disk (1-4)to set the depth that the clutch and brake extended from the grip. I had the clutch close and the brake far. it was a good set up. Hope this helps.

Moakster:322:

My Vulcan Nomad had adjustable levers, and so does Honda GW. There are probably many others out there that have them also. I think that many of the clutch and brake master cylinders are made by a vendor common to many makes of bikes. I know that many covers are interchangeable. Look around, I think you will find tham.