IGNORED

Does this thing sound OK???

Condor

Sounds like its backing up. There have been quite a few reports of oiling problems on the Milwaukee 8 looks purty though

Found this on youtube about the dealer Milwaukee announcement. It's my understanding that the problems were with the 114??? The bike is registered in Montana, but up for auction here in California. Gotta check to see about the milage rule on an out of state registered bike. I think?? anything under 7500 miles is considered a new scoot. Hopefully 'cause this one has 7600+.. Makes a big difference in taxes..

If you watch the video til the end where they're supposed to run quieter with the same throaty rumble.. This one doesn't sound very Potato Potato Rumbly..:-)

California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.

Edited by Condor

So is it a 49 state bike? Or a Calif emissions legal? Heck just go to Montana, transfer title and ride it back. You can use my address here in Fla, we aint got no emissions inspection.

So is it a 49 state bike? Or a Calif emissions legal? Heck just go to Montana, transfer title and ride it back. You can use my address here in Fla, we aint got no emissions inspection.

We don't check for emissions here either, And no need to take it back to Montana... I registered a '93 1stGen that came from Vermont via Texas. No problem. As long as you have the signed title it's a go... I think all states are compliant with ca smog. Not like the old days when CA 1stGens came with smog junk to meet California requirements....

I dunno, it has a ticketa-ticketa sound like maybe a bad cam tension-er or something, and why is there vapor coming out of only one exhaust???

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::confused24::confused24:

From what I can tell thru all the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPin Jack, it sounds like a stock HD "8". As I recall, the noise levels, including exhausts, are accumulative sound by Fed Regs which in the end caused HD to run super muffed muffs, drop on a set of after markets and whamo,, Return Of The Tater!

IMHO, HD got away from the Evo's and went Twin Cam partly because they found the angle of the push rods reguired to line up with the camshaft was to severe (caused issues) so they developed the Twinkie to widen this. One of the awesome things about the Evo was it was gear drive on the cam with a small slide on gear at the end of the crank = very durable. After release of the Twin Cam and all the way up to the 2010 Twin Cams, HD then chased cam chain tensioner issues with the Twinkies. The '10's and after were GOOD motors IMHO.

Looking at the "8",, it appears that that design has potential for both the severe push rod angle issues and the cam chain issues.. Personally,, I think if I were lookin at HD's I would look at a later 103" TC and give those risk takers buying the "8" now a chance to figure out what the future of the design amounts to,, in other words, let someone else to HD's beta testing. Besides, with the market being saturated like it is,, later model 103's can be had CHEAP, leaving lots of CTFW $$'s in the pocket of the person doing the CTFW.. :biker:

I dunno, it has a ticketa-ticketa sound like maybe a bad cam tension-er or something, and why is there vapor coming out of only one exhaust???

I noticed that too Bob...??? I gave thought that maybe it's only running on one cylinder since it's sitting there just idling??

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::confused24::confused24:

From what I can tell thru all the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPin Jack, it sounds like a stock HD "8". As I recall, the noise levels, including exhausts, are accumulative sound by Fed Regs which in the end caused HD to run super muffed muffs, drop on a set of after markets and whamo,, Return Of The Tater!

IMHO, HD got away from the Evo's and went Twin Cam partly because they found the angle of the push rods reguired to line up with the camshaft was to severe (caused issues) so they developed the Twinkie to widen this. One of the awesome things about the Evo was it was gear drive on the cam with a small slide on gear at the end of the crank = very durable. After release of the Twin Cam and all the way up to the 2010 Twin Cams, HD then chased cam chain tensioner issues with the Twinkies. The '10's and after were GOOD motors IMHO.

Looking at the "8",, it appears that that design has potential for both the severe push rod angle issues and the cam chain issues.. Personally,, I think if I were lookin at HD's I would look at a later 103" TC and give those risk takers buying the "8" now a chance to figure out what the future of the design amounts to,, in other words, let someone else to HD's beta testing. Besides, with the market being saturated like it is,, later model 103's can be had CHEAP, leaving lots of CTFW $$'s in the pocket of the person doing the CTFW.. :biker:

Thanks once again for the enlightenment 'O'Harley Master' I somehow just knew you'd chime in with great words of Pucster wisdom.... :thumbsup2:

I haven't had a Harley since my 2000 Ultra "bike from hell" ride. I have ridden my best friends 09 a few time and it had the one cylinder cut off option, and I am sure that it did the vapor thing. Never take my word since it is subject to being wrong.

:farmer:

...and here I was thinking the vapor thing was nothing more than the left side burning off the moisture that accumulated in that pipe...being as it's downhill from the rest of the scoot...

But what do I know about "them kind" of motors?? Nothing...nothing!

Edited by videoarizona
spelling of course

Sounds like the 97 Road King I had. Replaced the lifters, cam, pushrods and rocker assemblies. Even had the heads redone with new valves, springs and guides and that noise never went away. Other than the noise the bike ran very well. My concern like bongobobny in the video is the "vapor?" coming out the left side exhaust.

Besides, with the market being saturated like it is,, later model 103's can be had CHEAP, leaving lots of CTFW $$'s in the pocket of the person doing the CTFW.. :biker:

You are wise beyond your years there pucster. I just sold my 2013 Ultra Classic today. Finally. Been on the market for 2 months. Wanted it out of my sight shortly after I bought it last fall. Waited until this spring to sell it. I had it priced $1000.00 lower than any other 2103 Ultra Classic on Craigs List. Mine only had 8700 miles on it compared to the others on CL with many more miles on them and it was in mint condition. The guy that bought the bike was the only person to come and see it since I started advertising it. I wound up selling it to him for an additional $500.00 off. I just love losing money!

The market IS saturated. I see the same bikes for sale over and over for months on end. All types, not just HD's, but the HD market is way more saturated than the other brands.

I noticed that too Bob...??? I gave thought that maybe it's only running on one cylinder since it's sitting there just idling??

Thanks once again for the enlightenment 'O'Harley Master' I somehow just knew you'd chime in with great words of Pucster wisdom.... :thumbsup2:

:scared:,, :detective::detective::detective::detective::biker::hihi::biker::hihi::biker::hihi::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::Laugh::mo money::biker::biker::biker::missingtooth:

Sounds like the 97 Road King I had. Replaced the lifters, cam, pushrods and rocker assemblies. Even had the heads redone with new valves, springs and guides and that noise never went away. Other than the noise the bike ran very well. My concern like bongobobny in the video is the "vapor?" coming out the left side exhaust.

You are wise beyond your years there pucster. I just sold my 2013 Ultra Classic today. Finally. Been on the market for 2 months. Wanted it out of my sight shortly after I bought it last fall. Waited until this spring to sell it. I had it priced $1000.00 lower than any other 2103 Ultra Classic on Craigs List. Mine only had 8700 miles on it compared to the others on CL with many more miles on them and it was in mint condition. The guy that bought the bike was the only person to come and see it since I started advertising it. I wound up selling it to him for an additional $500.00 off. I just love losing money!

The market IS saturated. I see the same bikes for sale over and over for months on end. All types, not just HD's, but the HD market is way more saturated than the other brands.

Thanks Grubs but I assure you,, any form of wisdom about bikes has more to do WITH my years than it might appear = at least thats what my beat up, tired old worn out body keeps telling me :backinmyday:.. IMHO (and, like any other lop eared varmint, that's all I can ever offer - no more, no less) the saturated HD market has a HUGE impact on all other breeds of iron too and is therefore a good way to monitor bike sales and predict values. When HD sales are soft, the metric market follows suit. If HD used bikes take a hit on resale, you can pretty much count on the same thing taking place in the other breeds circles,, at least thats what I have seen thru the years. I always priced my used bike sales by factoring in the ups and downs (on a %age) of HD's market and always found it amazing how good it worked. This may sound crazy but even my Honda Mini Trail restore sales were subject to this. Back in the late 90's and into the early 2000's when HD dealerships had people waiting for +1 year for an ordered bike to come in and used HD's were being sold for +MSRP of new, I was seeing 5 to 8 thousand per restored Honda Mini Trail (the early hardtails). When the bottom fell out and rallies like Sturgis started showing a huge decline in attendance (another really good indicator for the bike retail businessman to monitor and predict future sales IMHO), my profit margins on even those Mini's got thinner and thinner.. As an example of how HD's market shows up across the board,,, I have been out of the game for a while now but if I were a betting man I would say that if a person bought a brand new Polaris Indian Roadmaster and paid 32k for it, titled it and road it for 2k miles, then took it to a HD shop (or back to Polaris) and wanted to off it for cash, my money would be on him being fortunate to see 16k for it (1/2 of new). On the open market? Probably +16k, maybe more, but that would depend totally on bumping into the right person at the right time with the right $$'s burning a hole in his pocket = just like your example though, more likely than not, the person selling that "new" used bike is gonna have to play the same game you did!! It's not right, it's not fair but it sure seems like thats the way it works.. Make sense?

It's really simple.... It's Supply and Demand. I've been in the used market for close to 40 years, and I'm seeing that in everything. My marine equipment business is way down. (Luxury). Used gun asking prices are up, but the market is very slow... Motorcycle sales are definitely on the skid... Saturated market... It will rebound. Seen it before and it'll do it again. I think it's all based on consumer confidence... Once folks have dug their way out of debt, and they have a surplus of money and feel safe,, they'll start spending again.. :mo money: IMHO....