IGNORED

Another Legendary V-4 Engine

Du-Rron

Hey Du-Rron,

The V-4 is a great engine, even with a Ducati.

I love the sound of my V-twin Harley. The smoothness of my 6 cylinder Honda. But the V-4 of my old 03 RSV had the best of both worlds, power and sound (with fishtails).

Truly missed ol "Sweet Thing", 03 RSV, someday again, but next time in a trike.

Duey,,, Duey Duey Duey,,,,,, yah gotta STOP with this V-4 nonsense brother!! All this V-4 this and V-4 that is causing me to be neurotic or something... I know now that I was all wet about questioning Mom Yams build sheet on this new V-Twin by (from my perspective) cutting corners on such things as not using roller lifters and rockers cause it appears I was dead wrong on it causing issues (just finished watching one a couple of Long Haul Pauls videos on YouTube and WOW is he putting the bike thru its paces with NO issues to date) but I STILL have nightmares about what could have been. A real deal game changing 170 horse/140 ft pounds of torque, water cooled, shaft driven big bore V-4 BMW/Goldwing slayer right out of the package is what I am referring to.. Up to this point I been doing REALLY well at staying out of trouble and keeping clear of the clubs penalty box but,,, my friend Duey,, YOU gotta know that its threads like this that cause ol Puc to just go BEZERK :rasberry::rasberry::moon::moon:

I hope that it is not lost on everybody that Ducati dropped its legendary v-twin from its Flagship Superbike to be completely replaced by the V-4 architecture. Wow!

There appears to be a bike HP war going on. BMW and Kawasaki just fired some shots recently, really a mfr like Ducati cant ignore that. Perhaps they feel they have exploited the Vtwin for all it's worth. I would take a Ducati twin any time, but in this new world of 200+ hp machines this was probably a more efficient route to keep things streetable and increase overhead for the HP junkies out there. Looks like they have managed to keep it pretty light. I was heaving a Vmax engine around last year and one thing it aint is light.

I just read that it's a twin pulse setup, should feel just like a twin but be stupid powerful.

Duey,,, Duey Duey Duey,,,,,, yah gotta STOP with this V-4 nonsense brother!! All this V-4 this and V-4 that is causing me to be neurotic or something... I know now that I was all wet about questioning Mom Yams build sheet on this new V-Twin by (from my perspective) cutting corners on such things as not using roller lifters and rockers cause it appears I was dead wrong on it causing issues (just finished watching one a couple of Long Haul Pauls videos on YouTube and WOW is he putting the bike thru its paces with NO issues to date) but I STILL have nightmares about what could have been. A real deal game changing 170 horse/140 ft pounds of torque, water cooled, shaft driven big bore V-4 BMW/Goldwing slayer right out of the package is what I am referring to.. Up to this point I been doing REALLY well at staying out of trouble and keeping clear of the clubs penalty box but,,, my friend Duey,, YOU gotta know that its threads like this that cause ol Puc to just go BEZERK :rasberry::rasberry::moon::moon:

:innocent-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::innocent-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::innocent-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

cowpuc I got your spot in the corner of the penalty box all warmed up....... I guess I been playing out in the shed to much...... Wait till you what is coming next week.....

Duey seems to be turning into a Master :stirthepot:

Yea right,, I can just imagine what my spot in the penalty box looks like Fool,,, probably got me sittin right next to "Frosty" :doh::duck::moon::moon::moon:

Don't know where you been brother but I gotta remind you that that Duey,, he has been a Master club :stirthepot::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew: FOREVER!!! Not at your level yet (he would have to invent a WWW or something to get to perfection) but hey,, Master :witch_brew: is still pretty dog gone good for a lop eared Duey varmint I would say!!:happy34:

cowpuc I got your spot in the corner of the penalty box all warmed up....... I guess I been playing out in the shed to much...... Wait till you what is coming next week.....

Duey seems to be turning into a Master :stirthepot:

Oh yeah,, concerning what your sending over next week,,, ya missed us on that last attempt to freeze the planet,,, ya think ya may have the trajectory set on those nozzles correctly this time? :biker:

Oh yeah,, concerning what your sending over next week,,, ya missed us on that last attempt to freeze the planet,,, ya think ya may have the trajectory set on those nozzles correctly this time? :biker:

We will know by mid of next week. We are looking to break the record for the all time lowest temp ever. The record is currently at -26°F. And just for fun the wind chill is expected to hit -50. AND just for a bit more fun toss in 10 inches of fresh snow.

Cheeze, just finished up one B**chy TOUGH day, that happily ended up in successful fashion.

But... THEN we read about next week's Forecast out West of us!

Which means it's coming OUR way, shortly thereafter.

IF there is a 'Thereafter'! Think we'll just stay in bed - wake us when it's over.~

Rgds, WRIDR.

Two cyl fire at the same time, giving a sound just like a twin. I watched a youtube vid, it reminded me of a 2 stroke, a little. It doesnt sound as sexy as I had hoped, sure looks like it moves out just fine though.

I have been living under a rock all this time. I have completely missed the news on this one up to just now. Thanks! Here is more about the design of it but it is old news from 2017.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/11/06/ducati-stradale-v4-engine-close-look-14-fast-facts-video/

We will know by mid of next week. We are looking to break the record for the all time lowest temp ever. The record is currently at -26°F. And just for fun the wind chill is expected to hit -50. AND just for a bit more fun toss in 10 inches of fresh snow.

Why in the 'ell would anybody willingly live there?!?!?! Ok, visit... but live there?????

Why in the 'ell would anybody willingly live there?!?!?! Ok, visit... but live there?????

Well that was last weeks guesstimate of the weather.

It has since been updated. We are now in the middle of a blizzard with 13 inches of fresh snow down, and up to 6 more by the time it ends tonight. Then by Wednesday they are now expecting to break multiple records, they are expecting the lowest high temp of the day of -12°F will fall as will the lowest temp ever of -26°F to also fall. and just for fun the wind chill is now expected to hit -55°F. Of course as soon as I am done enjoying all of this I will send it on to the east for others to also enjoy.

For the snow to actually be called a blizzard it must be more than 35MPH wind with visibility of less than 1/4 mile.

BUT I will take this over 90+°F any day. Our cold kills a lot less people than does the heat down south.

South side of Chicago had 4" of snow this morning, 1-2" more during the evening commute and Wednesday is -14 as a high with 30+ deg windchill. I agree with Flyinfool is only 60-80 miles north of me; I agree that I'd rather have the snow than the heat.

Well that was last weeks guesstimate of the weather.

It has since been updated. We are now in the middle of a blizzard with 13 inches of fresh snow down, and up to 6 more by the time it ends tonight. Then by Wednesday they are now expecting to break multiple records, they are expecting the lowest high temp of the day of -12°F will fall as will the lowest temp ever of -26°F to also fall. and just for fun the wind chill is now expected to hit -55°F. Of course as soon as I am done enjoying all of this I will send it on to the east for others to also enjoy.

For the snow to actually be called a blizzard it must be more than 35MPH wind with visibility of less than 1/4 mile.

BUT I will take this over 90+°F any day. Our cold kills a lot less people than does the heat down south.

GREAT FLYINFOOL,,, dont tell me your sending another one our way :big-grin-emoticon:!! Talk about a fine tuned WWW - that thing is working GREAT!!!:thumbsup:

I TOTALLY agree with the take this ANY DAY over the 90+ BUT that only applies with the southern, HUMIDITY infested stuff! I have always held to that which I learned longggg ago,,, that being that the best riding, best weather is that of the desert regions! Yes it can get HOT but IMHO, there really is truth to it being a dry heat.. 105 in the desert is far more comfortable then even 90 degrees in 90 percent humidity.. I have always said that ya gotta get to the west side of the Rockies before real fun biking begins.. Weird eh..

Like the other Comments, we'll take the Chill over the Heat any time... except the next Day or Two.

Watching the 6 o'clock news out of Toronto tonight, with those poor Suckers wading thru several inches of Crap pretending to be Snow, would normally be highly entertaining IF... we didn't know Next Up is Yours Truly.

We've always dealt with our own Weather Problems personally, but this year (age 76) with our 900' driveway, we hired a local Contractor with a Beast of a Blower hooked up to his heated Cab Tractor. Tonight we're thinking it may be the Smartest Move Ever.

Still gotta 'Walk the Dawg' before turning in. The Lady's gonna owe us Big Time on this one, along with the Poo Pad we'll have to carve out come The Dawn.

'The Heat' is closing 'The Gap', BIG Time.~

Rgds, WRIDR

We may have to drink our summer air but you can keep that winter stuff up there. Supposed to hit single digits here next few days but I put 100 miles on the RSV today. NANNER NANNER.

I have been riding myself all week. Back and forth to work and whatnot. But, tomorrow morning it is supposed to be 26 degrees out. Our one day of Winter.