IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

The scope I sent back to Leopold was a very old scope, but it had a lifetime warranty. Back in the day they made air rifle scopes and rifle scopes. they were not to be switched. All current Leopold scopes can handle either air or BANG. That did not used to be the case.

It was my understanding that it was the way the optics were mounted to the tube. They used to only be supported from one side. Modern ones are supported from both sides. I also do not know if that is also true of other manufacturers.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The scope I sent back to Leopold was a very old scope, but it had a lifetime warranty. Back in the day they made air rifle scopes and rifle scopes. they were not to be switched. All current Leopold scopes can handle either air or BANG. That did not used to be the case.

It was my understanding that it was the way the optics were mounted to the tube. They used to only be supported from one side. Modern ones are supported from both sides. I also do not know if that is also true of other manufacturers.

yes. this.

I remember hearing about the problem mounting rifle scopes on air rifles a long time ago

Hey Cowpuc, this works great on our Ruger's MK II amd III. Don't know about your MK I. Sure beats hand loading. Super easy and fast.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mcfadden-22-ultimate-pistol-cliploader-holds-50-rounds-speed-loads-most-magazines-in-3-seconds-689076780728.do

:farmer:

Thanks Sly!! Only thing is this MK1 is a different shooter all together.. When Ruger decided to get away from the mag release located on the bottom of my MK1 and do the upgrade they really muckied the water. I been using a light switch cover that I modified (opened up the area where the switch protrudes thru the cover so it would slide over the magazine and still catch the little thumb button used to pull the internal spring down so the ammo slides in) to assist in loading. I havent toyed with the speed loader I got from Mcfaden for the AR conversion to see if there is somehow I can get it to work on my MK1 but I am planning to.. Until then I will probably just stick to the old Light Switch routine.

I also have a Remington Mohawk Nylon 77 rifle that fits into the same realm as the MK1. It's a GREAT shooter too, but ya cant get hi capacity mags for it either and the mags are pricey like the MK1 = 20 bucks up. Kinda sad cause both are well built shooters but,, probably well past their era.. I LOVE shooting em both though and both shoot very accurately..

THere I go,,, gettin :Im not listening to again..Sorry bout that...Just my passionate personality shining thru again :missingtooth:

Hey Cowpuc, this works great on our Ruger's MK II amd III. Don't know about your MK I. Sure beats hand loading. Super easy and fast.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mcfadden-22-ultimate-pistol-cliploader-holds-50-rounds-speed-loads-most-magazines-in-3-seconds-689076780728.do

Hey Sly, you ever try subsonics in those Rugers? They REALLY pull the accuracy in on MK1,, been a while but I used to shoot a LOT of Aquilla subs when target shooting at the cop club.. DEFINITELY pulled in the flyers...

Hey Sly, you ever try subsonics in those Rugers? They REALLY pull the accuracy in on MK1,, been a while but I used to shoot a LOT of Aquilla subs when target shooting at the cop club.. DEFINITELY pulled in the flyers...

Been told not to since the MK III requires 1250 fps to work the bolt and eject properly. Now in my Marlin bolt action I have.:happy34:

Been told not to since the MK III requires 1250 fps to work the bolt and eject properly. Now in my Marlin bolt action I have.:happy34:

Maybe try a box of 50 just to see?

Also, if your shooting for accuracy,,,,,,,, how bout cycling it by hand, bring er to battery,,, steady the wrist,, pull a real sharp steady bead, touch er off and look at the sub MOA at 25 yards with a 22 pistol,,,,, cycle in another one...

Another fun one would be to see if ya could tinker up a reduced level of recoil spring for the 3. I "tune" my 1911 by doing exactly that and it works AWESOME... With bikes, guns and w (wont got there) = its always something aint it Sly :big-grin-emoticon:

Maybe try a box of 50 just to see?

Also, if your shooting for accuracy,,,,,,,, how bout cycling it by hand, bring er to battery,,, steady the wrist,, pull a real sharp steady bead, touch er off and look at the sub MOA at 25 yards with a 22 pistol,,,,, cycle in another one...

Now that is an idea! May try that. Your next post is something I don't want to do since I purchased this gun for target only and any modifications would prevent that. Looking to get fast aquisition and hits. That is why has rail and red/green dot sights. No bullseye shooting, just plates.

Now that is an idea! May try that. Your next post is something I don't want to do since I purchased this gun for target only and any modifications would prevent that. Looking to get fast aquisition and hits. That is why has rail and red/green dot sights. No bullseye shooting, just plates.

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ratty tat tat tat tat,,, even with a couple a flyers is still wayyyyyy fun!!!:missingtooth:

Now that is way cool, Puc. Love the menacing profiles.

I received a care package today from Wilson Combat, woohoo.:banana: Got another on the way, woohoo.:banana: After all is in I will enlighten you.:sun:

WITH :photographing:'s!! It's the least you can do after teasing like that cha lop eared :witch_brew::witch_brew::stirthepot::stirthepot: varmint!!!:stickpoke:

:hihi:

Got home from checking out another house for the daughter, husband and grandson down by Battle Creek late last night (they are living in an apartment and eagerly looking for their first house,, found a basement wall caving in on this one,, told em to offer 1/2 of asking - fix the wall and flip it - make :mo money:the old fashion way = one fixer upper at a time :Laugh:) to find new shootin arrivals waitin at the door. 1k rds 45, 5 hundred rds 12 ga, 5 hundred 308.. Getting ready for the Bachelor party I am putting on for that California soon be Son-In-Law that's coming to marry my Michigander daughter here back in here homeland... Welcome to West Michigan country where freedom still runs free and clean oh sweet Son-In-Law of mine :Bunny:.

On the way to Battle Creek yesterday, running about 45 minutes early, Tip see's a gunshop in a place called "Richland" Michigan,, says - hey,, a gun shop, we are early,, wanna stop :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:.. Walked in and I said (outloud for all to hear) = "ahhhhhhhhh the sweet smell of the 2nd Amendment,, smells GREAT in here.. Shopped till we dropped bought nothing but had a blast playing with "Anni Oaklee". Take that back,, on the way out the door after chatting with the shop owner for a few minutes, Tip noticed these and HAD to have one,,,, me too:

DSCN8056.JPG

Now that is way cool, Puc. Love the menacing profiles.

I received a care package today from Wilson Combat, woohoo.:banana: Got another on the way, woohoo.:banana: After all is in I will enlighten you.:sun:

Ya know Sly,,, shooter related related waiting for's are to shooters what Christmas presents are to 4 year olds,,, you know that don't cha?:cry:

Ya know Sly,,, shooter related related waiting for's are to shooters what Christmas presents are to 4 year olds,,, you know that don't cha?:cry:

I have only looked in the mail box ten times in two days...and I know they don't deliver until 4:00 pm.:confused24::puzzled::think:

Got my second care package today. Woohoo :banana::dancefool:. Now if someone would like to explain how to get pictures from Iphone to the post I will send some. Not had any success doing it so far.

OUTSTANDING :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:!! Now,, :think:,,, let's see,,, pictures from the phone to show-n-tell on the Clubhouse wall... If it were my phone, I would email the pic's to me with my phone, then I would save the emailed pics to a picture folder on my laptop, then I would import them into "Paint" for resizing and resize so to a horizontal pixel of no more the 1000 so the clubs server can handle em, then I would resave the resized pic(s) under a new name. Then I would open the "Manage Attachments" icon located at the bottom of the screen I am typing in right now and select the saved pic(s) to upload..

If that didnt work and/or it was just to much hassle, I would check my P.M. box for a brothers email address (I dont put that or my phone number online for the "general" public to see) to send the pics to so he could handle posting the pics so I could do a follow-up explaination of exactly what it is/was we are all looking at = that is an offer of assistance Sly!! Check your P.M.'s for my Email address if you decide to take me up on it = glad to help brother!!:happy34:

I loved the Springfield Armory 9mm and compact 45acp that I had to get the 45acp 5 inch XD Mod 2 I will go to the range in the morning and try 50 yards.https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115632

OUTSTANDING!! Gorgeous hunk of shootin iron there brother!!! Tuffy,, is that Springfield striker fire? My money's on you jumpin to the 5 inch Mod will REALLY be a show off shooter at 50 Yards - CANT WAIT TO READ/SEE YOUR REPORT TUFFY!!

:sign Rock On:

Puc

OUTSTANDING :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:!! Now,, :think:,,, let's see,,, pictures from the phone to show-n-tell on the Clubhouse wall... If it were my phone, I would email the pic's to me with my phone, then I would save the emailed pics to a picture folder on my laptop, then I would import them into "Paint" for resizing and resize so to a horizontal pixel of no more the 1000 so the clubs server can handle em, then I would resave the resized pic(s) under a new name. Then I would open the "Manage Attachments" icon located at the bottom of the screen I am typing in right now and select the saved pic(s) to upload..

If that didnt work and/or it was just to much hassle, I would check my P.M. box for a brothers email address (I dont put that or my phone number online for the "general" public to see) to send the pics to so he could handle posting the pics so I could do a follow-up explaination of exactly what it is/was we are all looking at = that is an offer of assistance Sly!! Check your P.M.'s for my Email address if you decide to take me up on it = glad to help brother!!:happy34:

Holy Moly...!! What ever happened to digital cameras... Better resolution, easier to up load... Heck I just take a pic, and plug the camera(s) into the USB port, and they end up in my camera downloaded pics file... Piece of cake!! :-) Cell phone cameras are OK for taking emergency pics, unless it's my daughters... it takes awesome pics... but I think they spent more on it than my Nikon DSLR

Holy Moly...!! What ever happened to digital cameras... Better resolution, easier to up load... Heck I just take a pic, and plug the camera(s) into the USB port, and they end up in my camera downloaded pics file... Piece of cake!! :-) Cell phone cameras are OK for taking emergency pics, unless it's my daughters... it takes awesome pics... but I think they spent more on it than my Nikon DSLR

I am soooo trackin with ya @Condor! For many years now I have used the cheapy little Digitals (goodbye to film!!). I always grab the ones that take the full sized SD Cards (amazing how many vids/pics you can load onto a 32 gig card:happy34:), gotta be powered by 2 double "A"'s for ease of finding xtra batts along the trail, are vid capable and all that. Set er up on "Economy" shootin and no resizing needed to flood our club with pics. The nice thing about them too is when you drop one while shootin while CTFW, you just go back to the crash site - slide the card out and toss the camera and go grab another (had that happen twice on one trip once :bang head:)..

I am also one who still carries a flip phone BUT,, my son gave my wife one of these new fang dangled smart phones and it IS really neat! Besides being able to take pics with it,, I can turn a 1 hour text typing message into a 2 minute chore by using Voice Text, can jump on the Web and all that stuff.. While I am wayyyy still stuck in the dinosaur age using my flip phone (the kid offered to get me one like Tips and put my on his "plan" too,,, I declined and stuck with the flip for easier concealed phone carry :backinmyday:) I do gotta admit, I do clearly see the goodness the smart phone package does offer.. Just a matter of preference I reckon...