IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things are getting back to a little sense of normality around here and just noticed this Beretta on Gunbroker: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817137182

I am watching it VERY closely and thinking of bidding it up to 3 billsish = always wanted a 92F and this may be it ya bunch of lop eared lead tossin varmints!!! Keep the :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo thingy happenin and brothers and sisters, if I end up with it I'll let ya shoot it :missingtooth:

P.S. - if your gonna bid agin me (or are already bidding on this one) just say something and I wont bid on it cause I really don't NEED another shooter :big-grin-emoticon:,,, :scared: can't believe I cursed The Code like that:thumbdown:!

Puc, if you buy that for the minimum of $303, you did very well.

:farmer:

I hear that my brother!! I bid it up to 298 but timed out. Gunbroker plays the "15 minute rule" game on their auctions where everytime you bid at the end of the auction it adds another 15 minutes to the timer and I had a graduation open house for my Grandson that I was suppose to be at at 5 pm so things came to an abrupt halt for me.. I just checked it = who ever got it got a GREAT deal at 298 dollars!! Ohhh well,, family first,, I am sure another will come along :fingers-crossed-emo:missingtooth:

At 303, my shipping would have 20 bucks to the seller, another 20 to my FFL so 343 end cost would have been doable IMHO but that would have been IF the 298 buyer wouldnt have clicked it up further,,,,, ohhhhh the fun of the shooter auction.. :big-grin-emoticon:

Beautiful Condor hope it gives you lots of pleasure!

Please spare a thought for us north of the border who are being threatened with all sorts of bans & prohibitions should our idiot PM & his sycophants win the upcoming (October) election. Firearms prohibitions & confiscations are being used as a political lever & vote winning tool :(

Yep, nuttin' like a gun auction to get the blood stiring.... Here's my new playtoy I picked up this afternoon.... Pietta 1860 Army .44 Engraved. I could never afford a real engraved Colt.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116788https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116789https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116790

:scared:,,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = SHE"S A DANDY JACK!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I get back out that way we can forget the Butter Nut at Leatherby's,,, I wanna hook up and caress those Western Shooters of yourn!!!! THAT PUPPY IS GORGEOUS!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:yr

Sooo,, did those Commies go thru with the Ammo legislation you mentioned and I been hearing about? If so,, when does it start? Can you buy out of State now and ship in or does all that gotta go thru an FFL now? Crazy stuff going on out there!! I know you probably dont shoot those black powder shooters but how does this new law apply to black powder irons?

Been a long hard month and needed some time of therapy,, sometime to relax a little before heading to my grandson's graduation open house today.. Grabbed the AR10 (308/7.62 Nato), a couple hundred rounds of ammo, kissed Tip bye and headed to the State Land swamp for some RnR..

Didnt bother taking any video but just discovered some proof of that time of relaxin: :duck::duck::duck::big-grin-emoticon:

them tracers is MIGHTY purdy :missingtooth:

DSCN0264.JPGDSCN0263.JPG

Beautiful Condor hope it gives you lots of pleasure!

Please spare a thought for us north of the border who are being threatened with all sorts of bans & prohibitions should our idiot PM & his sycophants win the upcoming (October) election. Firearms prohibitions & confiscations are being used as a political lever & vote winning tool :(

I've heard that youse folks north of the boarder are having to deal with a lot of the same liberal thinking we do down here in Commiefornication.... At least we have the Constitution to fall back on even if most of the H.Sh+t laws are state specific. So all I can do is sympathize... and offer my understanding what you're going thru...

,,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = SHE"S A DANDY JACK!!!

I get back out that way we can forget the Butter Nut at Leatherby's,,, I wanna hook up and caress those Western Shooters of yourn!!!! THAT PUPPY IS GORGEOUS!!!!!yr

Sooo,, did those Commies go thru with the Ammo legislation you mentioned and I been hearing about? If so,, when does it start? Can you buy out of State now and ship in or does all that gotta go thru an FFL now? Crazy stuff going on out there!! I know you probably dont shoot those black powder shooters but how does this new law apply to black powder irons?

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute Puc. No Butter Nut?? That's blasphemous!!! We could do both...ya know?? :-)

The ammo registration laws start on 7/1. So about a week+... Everything has to go thru an FFL with an ammo vendor's license. That means it's going to be treated just like when your buying a gun. Out of State ammo is shipped from an FFL to an FFL. Luckily on Black Powder, it fly's under the radar. So far it can by-pass the FFL and ship directly to your doorstep. That makes it still fun. Just like the old days. All the folks in other states don't realize just how good they've got it. Now, WE are having gun ownership rights being attacked with a couple of loony tune state representatives pushing for a complete gun ban in CA. If that happens I'll be looking to relocate to NV., ID, or MT.

I've heard that youse folks north of the boarder are having to deal with a lot of the same liberal thinking we do down here in Commiefornication.... At least we have the Constitution to fall back on even if most of the H.Sh+t laws are state specific. So all I can do is sympathize... and offer my understanding what you're going thru...

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute Puc. No Butter Nut?? That's blasphemous!!! We could do both...ya know?? :-)

The ammo registration laws start on 7/1. So about a week+... Everything has to go thru an FFL with an ammo vendor's license. That means it's going to be treated just like when your buying a gun. Out of State ammo is shipped from an FFL to an FFL. Luckily on Black Powder, it fly's under the radar. So far it can by-pass the FFL and ship directly to your doorstep. That makes it still fun. Just like the old days. All the folks in other states don't realize just how good they've got it. Now, WE are having gun ownership rights being attacked with a couple of loony tune state representatives pushing for a complete gun ban in CA. If that happens I'll be looking to relocate to NV., ID, or MT.

Thanks for the sympathy Condor! I know things are different down there but it seems like you have similar idiots running the place as do we.

Here, basically what our idiot PM & the Minister for Public Safety are trying to do is stop criminals & gangs by restricting what firearms can be owned by the trained, legal & licenced guys & gals.

It's a bit like saying "we're going to stop all the impaired drivers by taking cars away from everyone!"

As you say at least you have your Constitution to fall back on!

Hunting season is now open in NC. My St. Bernards were raising a rukus this morning, so I looked out to see six coyotes coming out of the woodland. My area is cattle raising and the code is to kill any coyote. So my choices are .22LR, .22wmr, .22-250, .240, 7.65x39, .30-06 or .45-70. I feel good with the .22wmr but need to range it out to 125 yards (it is at 100 yds and the coyotes were at 125-150 yards. Whatcha think? I really don't want to shoot the .45-70, it hurts at my age.

Hunting season is now open in NC. My St. Bernards were raising a rukus this morning, so I looked out to see six coyotes coming out of the woodland. My area is cattle raising and the code is to kill any coyote. So my choices are .22LR, .22wmr, .22-250, .240, 7.65x39, .30-06 or .45-70. I feel good with the .22wmr but need to range it out to 125 yards (it is at 100 yds and the coyotes were at 125-150 yards. Whatcha think? I really don't want to shoot the .45-70, it hurts at my age.

If you can catch em staring at the house - take that zeroed in scoped 22/250 that is sitting in the corner, rest it on the arm rail of your deck,, lean into it, take a deep breath and while exhaling slowly draw little circles around a coyote eyeball, as the circle gets smaller move the circle toward the middle of the head mass and squeeze the trigger slowly, lightly and refuse to anticipate the shot. It'll flip em over backwards and irradication will be instantantious.

If Wily is walking across the field with their nose to the ground looking for a :Bunny: - same shooter, same method only draw your bead right above a front shoulder.

My favorite = running full tilt directly away = same shooter, base of the tail,, the 22/250 is much faster,, when it catches up to em a tumble will occur as the 22/250 round works its way front to back.

**** One I have yet to do but have ALWAYS wanted to do = NIGHT HUNT EM!! Night vision scopes are legal here in Michigan and totally legal to hunt with AT NIGHT = IN THE DARK = WHAT A BLAST!! Sit in a tree stand to get your scent above the ground = call the critters in with a dieing rabbit call so THEY are hunting YOU!! Night vision scope with an infra-red to light up the eyes then back to drawing circles between the lookers.. I WOULD have loved to have experienced this hunt back when I was younger and had my 700 BDL Remington 22/250 but there was NO WAY I could have afforded both the shooter and scope back then..

SLYvester,, you are one blessed lop eared varmint to have such an AWESOME opportunity to control the Coyote population in your area = get er done Sly,, get er done!!

P.S. = if we were closer I would loan you my AR15,, that sweetheart would be an EXCELLENT shooter for the same!!

P.S. - P.S. = IMHO, that Winchester Magnum 22 would also be a good one BUT I am not so sure about the range and kill power at that distance.. I am not much for wounding animals.. Is it doable? Yea but them aint soft hided, tiny boned Prairie Dogs your controlling the population of. Not only that, but if you misjudge the kill shot range and/or wanna nail em out to 150 - 200 yards = 22/250 = NO PROBLEMBO...

THANKS FOR ASKING OUR OPINION ABOUT THIS BROTHER = YA GOT MY TRIGGER FINGER ITCHIN:thumbsup2:

P.S. = :photographing:'s of the hunt would be AWESOME!! Video's of the same would be,, would be a TRUE TREASURED TREAT!!

I think you need to buy another rifle, hows about a .223 or a .243! :whistling:;)

If you can catch em staring at the house - take that zeroed in scoped 22/250 that is sitting in the corner, rest it on the arm rail of your deck,, lean into it, take a deep breath and while exhaling slowly draw little circles around a coyote eyeball, as the circle gets smaller move the circle toward the middle of the head mass and squeeze the trigger slowly, lightly and refuse to anticipate the shot. It'll flip em over backwards and irradication will be instantantious.

If Wily is walking across the field with their nose to the ground looking for a :Bunny: - same shooter, same method only draw your bead right above a front shoulder.

My favorite = running full tilt directly away = same shooter, base of the tail,, the 22/250 is much faster,, when it catches up to em a tumble will occur as the 22/250 round works its way front to back.

**** One I have yet to do but have ALWAYS wanted to do = NIGHT HUNT EM!! Night vision scopes are legal here in Michigan and totally legal to hunt with AT NIGHT = IN THE DARK = WHAT A BLAST!! Sit in a tree stand to get your scent above the ground = call the critters in with a dieing rabbit call so THEY are hunting YOU!! Night vision scope with an infra-red to light up the eyes then back to drawing circles between the lookers.. I WOULD have loved to have experienced this hunt back when I was younger and had my 700 BDL Remington 22/250 but there was NO WAY I could have afforded both the shooter and scope back then..

SLYvester,, you are one blessed lop eared varmint to have such an AWESOME opportunity to control the Coyote population in your area = get er done Sly,, get er done!!

P.S. = if we were closer I would loan you my AR15,, that sweetheart would be an EXCELLENT shooter for the same!!

P.S. - P.S. = IMHO, that Winchester Magnum 22 would also be a good one BUT I am not so sure about the range and kill power at that distance.. I am not much for wounding animals.. Is it doable? Yea but them aint soft hided, tiny boned Prairie Dogs your controlling the population of. Not only that, but if you misjudge the kill shot range and/or wanna nail em out to 150 - 200 yards = 22/250 = NO PROBLEMBO...

THANKS FOR ASKING OUR OPINION ABOUT THIS BROTHER = YA GOT MY TRIGGER FINGER ITCHIN:thumbsup2:

P.S. = :photographing:'s of the hunt would be AWESOME!! Video's of the same would be,, would be a TRUE TREASURED TREAT!!

All good words for hunting but I saw it too late. Dropped one of two yesterday evening. It was a clean kill and the .22WMR did great. I just aimed a might high to compensate for extra distance and there was no wind. Used 40grn Winchester jacketed hollow points. The other one made a very hasty retreat.

Now to get out and sight the Marlin for 125 yards that will cover my distances well. I have a see-through scope mount so open sights are available.

Edited by Sylvester

All good words for hunting but I saw it too late. Dropped one of two yesterday evening. It was a clean kill and the .22WMR did great. I just aimed a might high to compensate for extra distance and there was no wind. Used 30grn Winchester jacketed hollow points. The other one made a very hasty retreat.

Now to get out and sight the Marlin for 125 yards that will cover my distances well. I have a see-through scope mount so open sights are available.

:sign Rock On::sign Rock On:,, and to that sweetheart of a 22wmr = :You_Rock_Emoticon:!!!! Never owned or even shot a wmr = impressive Sly,, very impressive results!! So are the coyotes down there in the summer clothing (short hair) or still in winter fur? Up here they get kind of mangy looking during the summer but WOWZY are their winter furs are gorgeous!!

Good deal brother and best of the best in thinning the herd of those sneaky pests down there!!:ice_thy-vi101212101

:sign Rock On::sign Rock On:,, and to that sweetheart of a 22wmr = :You_Rock_Emoticon:!!!! Never owned or even shot a wmr = impressive Sly,, very impressive results!! So are the coyotes down there in the summer clothing (short hair) or still in winter fur? Up here they get kind of mangy looking during the summer but WOWZY are their winter furs are gorgeous!!

Good deal brother and best of the best in thinning the herd of those sneaky pests down there!!:ice_thy-vi101212101

Definitely summer wear for them. There shed is over now. I have hunter alligators with the .22wmr for a number of years. Get them as there eyes are out of the water.

Edited by Sylvester
additional comment

Definitely summer wear for them. There shed is over now. I have hunter alligators with the .22wmr for a number of years. Get them as there eyes are out of the water.

:scared:,, NO WAY!! I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THAT SLY!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

One of my very favorite past times as a youngster was Frog Hunting.. As a kid I would do exactly what you describe only with my Crosman 760 and flash light.. Took LOTS of Bull Frogs by sliding the light beam in the weeds, couple little beady eyes staring back and WHOOP = instant frog legs!! Tip, Tweeks and I were playing around at night down in the Everglades and I noticed those gator eyes shining back on several occasions and actually mentioned to her of my wondering if anyone ever tried the Bull Frog shining routine on em = THAT is AWESOME Sly!!:thumbsup:

You eat em? I had my first taste of Gator meat down there on Alligator Alley too.. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW was it DELICIOUS!! If I lived down there in gator country those critters would be destined to become hard to come by cause I could live on that stuff = brother,, THAT is good eatin!!

If you have dressed em out for cookin Sly,, how difficult is it to clean em? I am guessing you start on the underbelly as I cant imagine trying to cut thru that upper body hide/skin/armor? WOWZY my friend,, we are in totally unchartered territory for this ol lop eared Northern varmint = WAYY FUN!!

Also,, did you have to hit in the eye socket to get into the brain with a 22? Seems like that skull would just ricochet a round?

FASINATING!

:scared:,, NO WAY!! I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THAT SLY!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

One of my very favorite past times as a youngster was Frog Hunting.. As a kid I would do exactly what you describe only with my Crosman 760 and flash light.. Took LOTS of Bull Frogs by sliding the light beam in the weeds, couple little beady eyes staring back and WHOOP = instant frog legs!! Tip, Tweeks and I were playing around at night down in the Everglades and I noticed those gator eyes shining back on several occasions and actually mentioned to her of my wondering if anyone ever tried the Bull Frog shining routine on em = THAT is AWESOME Sly!!:thumbsup:

You eat em? I had my first taste of Gator meat down there on Alligator Alley too.. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW was it DELICIOUS!! If I lived down there in gator country those critters would be destined to become hard to come by cause I could live on that stuff = brother,, THAT is good eatin!!

If you have dressed em out for cookin Sly,, how difficult is it to clean em? I am guessing you start on the underbelly as I cant imagine trying to cut thru that upper body hide/skin/armor? WOWZY my friend,, we are in totally unchartered territory for this ol lop eared Northern varmint = WAYY FUN!!

Also,, did you have to hit in the eye socket to get into the brain with a 22? Seems like that skull would just ricochet a round?

FASINATING!

Puc you only eat the tail and hind legs. Tail has three sections and it is the fillet of gators. The legs are usually cubed and deep fried for nibling. I love them. Now I am sure a true swamp resident makes use of more than I do. Something else you need to try is mud puppies. That is another term for cajon crawdads, they are spectacular.

WOWSEY, WOW,WOW (to quote a great friend) Gander Mtn has Aquilla 9mm 115 gr fmj for $7.99/box of 50. Free shipping to nearest store to you. I ordered 1000 rounds. Never know when you need them. That is less than 16 cents per round. WooHoo.

:happy65::cool10::banana:

WOWSEY, WOW,WOW (to quote a great friend) Gander Mtn has Aquilla 9mm 115 gr fmj for $7.99/box of 50. Free shipping to nearest store to you. I ordered 1000 rounds. Never know when you need them. That is less than 16 cents per round. WooHoo.

:happy65::cool10::banana:

:think:,, my trigger finger is itchin over that price and I dont even have a 9mm :big-grin-emoticon:. GOOD FIND SLYvester!!:thumbsup:

Anyone interested in those Aquilla 9's for 7.99/50 count that @Sylvester turned us onto, here is a link to them: https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/aguila-pistol-ammunition-1027641G.html#q=9mm&lang=default&start=1! Scroll down when it uploads,, 115 grainers for the price Sly mentioned (THANKS SLY)!! I have bought a LOT of Shotgun shells for my AR12 from this company and had REALLY good luck with em = fast ship right to the front door. I will add though, and I might be wrong in this case, that it appears you do have to purchase over 99 bucks (easy to do) worth to get the free ship - Sly, did you finalize the deal and did your cart bottom line show the free ship activated after purchasing 1000 rounds?

Does this sound correct Sly = 99 bucks to get the free ship?

Got range time on the long distant rifle range (100-500 yds.) Sunday. going to work my .22 wmr at 125 yd and then 150 to see the difference, I still have at least five coyotes to cull. May take the 22-250 to calibrate. Will be a good day as long as I don't shoot myself, LOL. :backinmyday::cool10::amen:

Got range time on the long distant rifle range (100-500 yds.) Sunday. going to work my .22 wmr at 125 yd and then 150 to see the difference, I still have at least five coyotes to cull. May take the 22-250 to calibrate. Will be a good day as long as I don't shoot myself, LOL. :backinmyday::cool10::amen:

The big end goes against your shoulder.

Wish I wasn't busy playing with the grandkid,, I'd come down there and hold the target for ya brother:duck::duck:!!! Sounds like fun Slyvester :happy34:! Enjoy the day of play my friend!!:backinmyday: