IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

Been patiently waiting and they FINALLY did it = the Drum Mag for my AR12 is FINALLY out!! Kind of pricey though: https://www.classicfirearms.com/promag-mka-a1-20rd-drum-mka1919/

Still not sure why I need to rapid fire 20 rounds out of that thing anyway,, aint seen no Zombies since 1976,,, BUT,, I do know there are arquements coming from the gun room between the AR's in there about who has a drum and who dont... Probably gonna have to pick one of these AR12 Drum feeders up just to keep the peace in the gun room :big-grin-emoticon:

Drums are a testoserone for men. I have a 100 rnd. drum for my AK47, and loaded it is HEAVY and not useable shooting off hand. Actually it is too heavy to cradle and fire. Only good use is with bipods. I keep it for future sale value. Even with the 30 rnd mags it is a handful. I use 10 rnd mags and that works for me.

:farmer:

Got that much needed testoserone boost!! Best price I could find on a 10 round traditional magazine for my clay bustin AR12 shotgun has been 50 bucks for ever. Been watching these 20 round drum feeds now since their release and 100 bucks has been the cheapest. One of the sellers that on GB offered em up for 82 dollars,, my low ebb on the testosterone needing a boost coupled with my LOVE for Drum Feed = I couldnt resist!!

DSCN0049.JPGDSCN0047.JPG

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for sending me to post Sly! I took liberty on this batch to enlarge them to see what would happen. The original size pics are over on the pocket carry thread if anyone is interested in comparing the two sizes. I was guessing the last pic to be that of the .410 your building? And WOWZY WOW WOW WOW would I love to run a few rounds thru the derringer.. Now we need a low down on all this! Take it away @Sylvester!!!

J10.jpgJ9.jpgJ8.jpgJ7.jpgJ6.jpg

Holy moly, Pucster!

We have a strong suspicion: IF you walked down the street packing that incredible Weapon of Total Annihilation, you wouldn't make it past the second corner before being completely surrounded by flashing red Jam Jars!!!~

Rock on Wild Thang, you got EVERYBODY'S butt covered!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Holy moly, Pucster!

We have a strong suspicion: IF you walked down the street packing that incredible Weapon of Total Annihilation, you wouldn't make it past the second corner before being completely surrounded by flashing red Jam Jars!!!~

Rock on Wild Thang, you got EVERYBODY'S butt covered!~

Rgds, WRIDR

EXACTLY RIDER!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

And right above those bars that they will house me behind will be a banner that reads = "Definition of Clint Eastwoods - "Legend In His Own Mind" saying " :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

If I ever find that Sherman Tank buried in the dunes of our State Park with my metal detector I have been listening for, jam filled jars on cars chasing down a geezer with a shotgun will be the least of the neighborhoods concerns :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Thanks for sending me to post Sly! I took liberty on this batch to enlarge them to see what would happen. The original size pics are over on the pocket carry thread if anyone is interested in comparing the two sizes. I was guessing the last pic to be that of the .410 your building? And WOWZY WOW WOW WOW would I love to run a few rounds thru the derringer.. Now we need a low down on all this! Take it away Sylvester!!!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116432https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116433https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116434https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116435https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116436

Thanks Puc for posting. The top pictures are the Bond derringer and the MagnaPort barrel is visible. As you can see I have large hands and this weapon fits them very nicely. I have had this weapon for 5-6 years now and carry it most always especially in warm weather in my shorts cargo pocket.

The second is my recently purchase Ruger air rifle in .177 caliber and is dedicated to thinning the squirrel population on my farm.

And the last is the work in progress Mossberg 500 in .410. I hope to soon have a barrel vent and piccatiny rails on it.

EXACTLY RIDER!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

And right above those bars that they will house me behind will be a banner that reads = "Definition of Clint Eastwoods - "Legend In His Own Mind" saying " :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

If I ever find that Sherman Tank buried in the dunes of our State Park with my metal detector I have been listening for, jam filled jars on cars chasing down a geezer with a shotgun will be the least of the neighborhoods concerns :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

We can close our eyes, and see You riding down the Street in that Sherman, Bud!

Hugs, WRIDR

• 2 weeks later...

Please note this is NOT a political post, so PLEASE don't turn it into one, (it's very difficult to post this without it seeming political so I hope it will be allowed to stand) it's merely meant to inform our friends in the south what is about to be perpetrated here in Canada.

It looks as if the warm brown stuff is about to hit the fan.... It would appear that a certain snowflake is about to ban (yes you read that correctly) BAN, the sale of AR's & all similar looking firearms!

The thinking (from the industry) appears to be that current owners will be allowed to keep them, but no new sales/ ownership will be allowed going forward! Currently owned ones will then be CONFISCATED & DESTROYED upon the death of the current owner!!!!!!!!

There is no news currently as to what will happen regarding handguns (these were also included in a recent Ministerial Investigation the terms of reference which were to "Investigate the Banning of All handguns & Assault Weapons without infringing the rights of lawful Canadian gun owners" An Oxymoron if ever I heard one.

This is being done without a Parliamentary discussion or vote of any kind in the House by using an "Order in Council"

It is also rumoured that this new "law" could be extended to apply to any repeating firearm (eg pump shotgun)

It's expected that our PM will announce this travesty in Vancouver at the beginning of June when he is due to speak & apparently bringing with him the PM of New Zealand, so.... what does that tell you?

A sad Day! :( I always thought we lived in a Democracy seems we have become a Dictatorship ..... & no-one noticed!

The reasoning behind all this is an attempt to "cut gang & gun related crime!" Say WHAT??????? Last I heard gangs & criminals don't obey the law anyway!

Like I said at the start PLEASE don't turn this into a political thing, I'd hate to see Don have to shut Puc's thread down.

:( I have no words for what is happening at the moment! :bang head:

Edited by Kretz

Please note this is NOT a political post, so PLEASE don't turn it into one, (it's very difficult to post this without it seeming political so I hope it will be allowed to stand) it's merely meant to inform our friends in the south what is about to be perpetrated here in Canada.

It looks as if the warm brown stuff is about to hit the fan.... It would appear that a certain snowflake is about to ban (yes you read that correctly) BAN, the sale of AR's & all similar looking firearms!

The thinking (from the industry) appears to be that current owners will be allowed to keep them, but no new sales/ ownership will be allowed going forward! Currently owned ones will then be CONFISCATED & DESTROYED upon the death of the current owner!!!!!!!!

There is no news currently as to what will happen regarding handguns (these were also included in a recent Ministerial Investigation the terms of reference which were to "Investigate the Banning of All handguns & Assault Weapons without infringing the rights of lawful Canadian gun owners" An Oxymoron if ever I heard one.

This is being done without a Parliamentary discussion or vote of any kind in the House by using an "Order in Council"

It is also rumoured that this new "law" could be extended to apply to any repeating firearm (eg pump shotgun)

It's expected that our PM will announce this travesty in Vancouver at the beginning of June when he is due to speak & apparently bringing with him the PM of New Zealand, so.... what does that tell you?

A sad Day! :( I always thought we lived in a Democracy seems we have become a Dictatorship ..... & no-one noticed!

The reasoning behind all this is an attempt to "cut gang & gun related crime!" Say WHAT??????? Last I heard gangs & criminals don't obey the law anyway!

Like I said at the start PLEASE don't turn this into a political thing, I'd hate to see Don have to shut Puc's thread down.

:( I have no words for what is happening at the moment! :bang head:

I can't speak for my neighbors to the North in Canada (and quite frankly wont cause it's none of my business how you folks choose to live) but if that were happening back here in my home country of America I would have to say that IMHO, the ban would have very little to do with people getting killed/injured by gangs/criminals with guns (there are wayyyyyyyyy more people killed due to alcohol abuse and driving under the influence here in the U.S. than deaths involving guns = solve this first and then lets talk about guns hurting people) and more to do with the underlying theme/point presented in this song by Johnny Horton (the tune is about a British attempt at changing our way of life but can be applied directly to Domestic tyranny too,, IMHO).

Puc it's the same here, this is NOT going to change a single thing. The real problems of of gangs & other "social" problems are not being addressed.... but law abiding firearms owners are the "easy option" & it fulfills a requirement to be "seen to be doing something" by a certain section of our populace.

Like I said over 2 million legal firearms owners are are about to be punished for the handful of miscreants who cause the problems.

I am actually laughing about the statement or "banning AR's and similar LOOKING weapons..." So, it will be OK to sell a rifle with perhaps superior power of the Armolite Rifle as long as it doesn't look like the AR???

Oh, if those idiots only actually knew something...

So far I am having no luck finding a heat shield for my Mossber 500 in .410. Thinking of going to a sheet metal shop to perforate and roll one for me. Then I would have to figure out the hardware to attach it. And then add rails per Puc's instrutions. Thanks Scott, good idea.

I am actually laughing about the statement or "banning AR's and similar LOOKING weapons..." So, it will be OK to sell a rifle with perhaps superior power of the Armolite Rifle as long as it doesn't look like the AR???

Oh, if those idiots only actually knew something...

Absolutely Correct! Firearms are classified by the RCMP & often those that they consider to LOOK dangerous are classified as restricted, irrespective of their ballistic properties. As I understand it, anything based on the "AR platform" is automatically classified as restricted.

But there have been many similar firearms introduced that are NOT AR based but look similar, that are classified as non-restricted. There is a definite trend towards banning firearms based upon their looks. The whole classification system is a complete shambles!

If you're interested here's a very good Canadian article that highlights Non-Restricted Black rifles available in Canada. All of these would be considered as "assault rifles" by the general (non-shooting) public & would be prime candidates to be banned I suspect.

https://www.huntinggearguy.com/rifle-reviews/top-10-non-restricted-black-rifles-in-canada/

Edited by Kretz

No lead to the article. Is the Canadian government restricting you internet? :stickpoke::rotf::cool10::rotf:

Duh! No things aren't THAT bad...... Yet!!!!!!!!!!

My bad, apologies... I've added the link now. Bear in mind that the firearms mentioned in the article could very soon be banned & not available.

Bill C-71 was passed in the Senate today & will become law within weeks :mad:

If that was a miss fire.... not a good sign.... Must be that bargain basement ammo??? :no-no-no: :yikes:

Yep,, cheap Russian Steel Case with hard primers.. I am shooting after market trigger group and had a light pound hammer spring in that works great with the softer primers in the Tracers we were firing.. Now I gotta swap in a heavier spring and retest... For the first time in the field, it did GREAT though and even was able to go boom with about 90 % of that Russian junk :missingtooth:

I love tweekin on these shooters too :big-grin-emoticon:

Very nice, Condor.

Thanks... Ya know the funny part about all this is I never considered myself a handgun kinda guy. More rifles and shotguns. But when I went to put this new one to bed I did a little re-arranging of the small safe and took a head count. 18 of those cotton pickers... And that didn't include about a half dozen or so more collectibles stowed in the larger safes. GAACKK!! MOF I lost a some sleep when I couldn't remember seeing the Colt 45 Bisley Copy in there. One of my favorites.. Went back in the morning and found it... Whew!!

DL26vpjU8AAmwlY.jpg

Edited by Condor

Thanks... Ya know the funny part about all this is I never considered myself a handgun kinda guy. More rifles and shotguns. But when I went to put this new one to bed I did a little re-arranging of the small safe and took a head count. 18 of those cotton pickers... And that didn't include about a half dozen or so more collectibles stowed in the larger safes. GAACKK!! MOF I lost a some sleep when I couldn't remember seeing the Colt 45 Bisley Copy in there. One of my favorites.. Went back in the morning and found it... Whew!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL26vpjU8AAmwlY.jpg

OUTSTANDING you lop eared gun lovin varmint!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

:think:,, it always amazed me how those shooters can mulitply,,, worse than rabbits if ya don't keep a weathered eye on em :Bunny2::Laugh:

OUTSTANDING you lop eared gun lovin varmint!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! ,, it always amazed me how those shooters can mulitply,,, worse than rabbits if ya don't keep a weathered eye on em

Yeah I've noticed that... Put something in a dark closet, and all kinds of hanky panky starts happening..... :pushups: