IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BUMP until we can get Puc back. No fun without him. I am still praying Puc. I am not a church going Christian. Raised Catholic and all the politics and do this's and then they changed all those rules. Have friends from other denominations and even a Presbyterian pastor that have quit. I say this because I went in a church yesterday to say prayers for your brother. I figured it wouldn't hurt and maybe Jesus on the cross heard me better there. Don't remember the church affiliation.

Be safe brother.

:farmer:

WOWZY that is powerful Sly,, THANK YOU for sharing that! Personally,, due to some circumstances in my own life between God and myself, I am not a Church goer either.. I served on Staff at our local church for numerous years and, some not good things happened that involved an errant Pastor and I ended up needing to severe my ties with Corporate Churching and settling for the Biblical idea of "where two or more are gathered = I will be in their midst" = I get it my brother,, I get it.. I am honored by and respect you for your earnest honesty and clearly covet your prayers brother,, more than words can say.. THANK YOU for taking the extra steps at listening to God's soft tugging at the heart strings though to stop and bend your knees for us like you did Sly..

Yes prayers for Puc & family. (THANK YOU BROTHER!!)

But back on topic I did upgrade my AR stock this week to a Magpul CTR stock. Much more comfortable and easier on the shoulder

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/84b90c0ad97J90453fd7c896cb2136d23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks you two for pulling this thread back up, it brought a smile to face! While even thinking about Shooting and Guns seems like a very distant dream due to all thats going on,, over time,, I will be back and sharing again here with alll you lop eared lead tossing varmints again!!

I just bought this old school S&W 5906 9mm all stainless no polymer here gun, I can't wait to take it to the range.

Very nice... I have the 5904 in blue. Been looking for a 6 but hard to come by around here,,, I'm jealous.. :whistling:

I just bought this old school S&W 5906 9mm all stainless no polymer here gun, I can't wait to take it to the range.https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116274

NICE!! REALLY NICE TUFFY!!!:thumbsup:

If any of you lop eared varmints happen to cross paths with a Beretta 92F 5 inch at a Pawn Shop or where ever for 250ish and dont mind taken a sec to grab a number for me,, I would greatly appreciate it.. Looking at these pics has got my trigger finger just itching and I am to busy to satisfy it with some actual range time,, may as well snatch up a good deal on that Beretta dream of mine if one happens to appear at a decent price :missingtooth:..

NICE!! REALLY NICE TUFFY!!!:thumbsup:

If any of you lop eared varmints happen to cross paths with a Beretta 92F 5 inch at a Pawn Shop or where ever for 250ish and dont mind taken a sec to grab a number for me,, I would greatly appreciate it.. Looking at these pics has got my trigger finger just itching and I am to busy to satisfy it with some actual range time,, may as well snatch up a good deal on that Beretta dream of mine if one happens to appear at a decent price :missingtooth:..

Are you wanting Italian made or US made and full size or compact?

Are you wanting Italian made or US made and full size or compact?

Either Italian or US would be fine Sly. It's gotta be the full size, I would even grab a left over LEO/Military model (cant remember Military # = M9 maybe?) but it needs to be current model "92" with the curve at the bottom front of the grip and upper mag release. Also DA/SA (I know some LEO models were DAO = 92"D" maybe?).. If you see something locally that fits my price range (250ish) and wouldnt mind passing a phone number I would GREATLY appreciate it brother!! :thumbsup: THANKS SLY!!

I'VE BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm perusing the local guns for sale board and run across a S&W 686 ProSeries SSR. So I started doing some research via Google. One of the links takes me to the S&W Forum website. I couldn't remember being there before, but apparently I had since the auto fill had my email address and password filled in... So I log in and get a nasty looking box that I've been banned...forever... :buttkick: The reason.... Obnoxious Idiot... :-) Then I remember that I got into it with one of the board moderators because he was blowing smoke with his opinions. Imagine that... :-) Me, obnoxious?? Go figure?? :think: It's the only time I've ever been banned from anywhere... I'm so ashamed.... :bawling: :whistling: :banana:

I'VE BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm perusing the local guns for sale board and run across a S&W 686 ProSeries SSR. So I started doing some research via Google. One of the links takes me to the S&W Forum website. I couldn't remember being there before, but apparently I had since the auto fill had my email address and password filled in... So I log in and get a nasty looking box that I've been banned...forever... :buttkick: The reason.... Obnoxious Idiot... :-) Then I remember that I got into it with one of the board moderators because he was blowing smoke with his opinions. Imagine that... :-) Me, obnoxious?? Go figure?? :think: It's the only time I've ever been banned from anywhere... I'm so ashamed.... :bawling: :whistling: :banana:

I believe Puc mentioned that you were a retrobate once. I don't know what that means but maybe it has something to do with your being banned. It may have been someone else who said this but I am almost positive that I read it here or somewhere else...maybe. :stirthepot::stickpoke::buttkick:

OK, I know some collectible guns can get a little pricey, but take a look at this....

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/76/8/g-young-engraved-colt-millikin-dragoon-revolver

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

I believe Puc mentioned that you were a retrobate once. I don't know what that means but maybe it has something to do with your being banned. It may have been someone else who said this but I am almost positive that I read it here or somewhere else...maybe. :stirthepot::stickpoke::buttkick:

Ahhhh,,, no Sly,,, twasn't me.... I do recall referring to that sidewinder of a cowboy shooter lover as a Lop Eared Retrobate Varmint a few times but never not ever just an average everyday retrobate... Why that would be some form of Code Violation I do believe :detective:... :witch_brew:

I have an old S&W 6906 still in great condition. Very accurate and good shooting pistol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190502/f091f629d2b37d1e32634391faf2f606.jpg

That a double stacker 9 or single stack 45 Your Honor?

Sayy Judge,, what did you carry on your side as an LEO? Was what ever it was Department Issued or did you Officers get to pick your shooter and buy off a voucher or something?

Same question for any and all you ex/current lop eared tried to catch a Puc but never could varmints out there who might be reading this.... :stirthepot:

That a double stacker 9 or single stack 45 Your Honor?

Sayy Judge,, what did you carry on your side as an LEO? Was what ever it was Department Issued or did you Officers get to pick your shooter and buy off a voucher or something?

Same question for any and all you ex/current lop eared tried to catch a Puc but never could varmints out there who might be reading this.... :stirthepot:

The 6906 is a double stack 9mm. I carried everything from a Smith 686 357 in 1990 to a S&W 40 & 45 before retiring. They actually provided us our weapons so everyone carried the same. I was able to purchase each one at the end. I have all five plus I got a purchase the pistol they went to this year for the 100 anniversary. The state police started carrying a Glock 17 this year.

0c1f3b65aa1996b7c6c6dd7be66785cf.jpg

Edited by Skid

Ahhhh,,, no Sly,,, twasn't me.... I do recall referring to that sidewinder of a cowboy shooter lover as a Lop Eared Retrobate Varmint a few times but never not ever just an average everyday retrobate... Why that would be some form of Code Violation I do believe :detective:... :witch_brew:

Errr?? What's a retrobate????? :think::think: I've done some long range tuna fishing and one deck hand would toss bait while we were trollng... Some of them got really good at bringing the schools of fish to the boat. They were know as Master Baiters... But I've never seen a retrobater.... :whistling::whistling:

I have a Mossberg 500 in .410 with 16" barrel. I am looking to add an AR rail and cooling fins. I can find them in 9.5" length and I can adapt (called butchering) to get it on...I think. Any opinions? I have pistol grip and shoulder stock for it and two point sling.

Some times my mind wanders but it takes me to some cool and unusual places!

Has anyone been able to find out which is the best product among those listed here?

Hi Jerome and :welcome1::RED: to VR :group cheers:..

Noticing your other posts, especially your first post where you added a link to air purifiers (which I am sorry,, I was leary to click on), has lead me to wonder if you are one of those computer Bots that I have read about.. Having never actually talked to a Bot before I thought I would jump in here and speak to you before Freebird finds out you have infested our boards and you are no longer able to communicate with me. If your not a Bot but are a real people, please consider the following answer as my answer to your question.

The best product here in this thread is the product that goes bang when you pull the trigger. I have found with modern day ammo that, as long as the shooter has a good functional as designed firing pin, ammo is ammo and failure is now fairly uncommon. While I am not particular in makes/models of ammo, I prefer louder ammo bangs so therefore recommend the 50 BMG = most bang for the buck so to speak. I have never fired (or owned) a Sherman Tank with the 74mm Cannon before but I got a hunch that those are loud too. I can't recommend the 74mm ammo yet but someday, if I find one, can afford it and my wife Tippy lets me get one, I will pick up a Sherman Tank - test the loudness of its 74mm Cannon and report back here. Until then though, I highly recommend the 50 BMG in answer to which is the best product..:missingtooth:

Puc

Errr?? What's a retrobate????? :think::think: I've done some long range tuna fishing and one deck hand would toss bait while we were trollng... Some of them got really good at bringing the schools of fish to the boat. They were know as Master Baiters... But I've never seen a retrobater.... :whistling::whistling:

A retro is something old but still cool,, early Honda hard tail Mini Trails fit this category but so do "F" head HD's if talking bikes. Bate refers to anyone who gets takin in by the lure of the retro being talked about.. There are wayyyyy to many things to get lured in by so you cant just call someone a Bate, that dont work.. Ya gotta have a Prefix or the Suffix has no meaning so to speak,, at least IMHO,, ya lop eared retrobate varmint Jack :stickpoke::stirthepot::big-grin-emoticon:

I have a Mossberg 500 in .410 with 16" barrel. I am looking to add an AR rail and cooling fins. I can find them in 9.5" length and I can adapt (called butchering) to get it on...I think. Any opinions? I have pistol grip and shoulder stock for it and two point sling.

Some times my mind wanders but it takes me to some cool and unusual places!

Sounds like a fun build Sly!! I think I would also consider adding a couple of those 45 degree drop down pictannies to your rail so you can slip a flashlight on the 500, maybe a lazer on the other side or even a set of flip up open sites so you can roll it up on its side a little and instantly have good ol open sites come into view.. Those Mossbergs are cool shooters IMHO..

Hi Jerome and :welcome1::RED: to VR :group cheers:..

Noticing your other posts, especially your first post where you added a link to air purifiers (which I am sorry,, I was leary to click on), has lead me to wonder if you are one of those computer Bots that I have read about.. Having never actually talked to a Bot before I thought I would jump in here and speak to you before Freebird finds out you have infested our boards and you are no longer able to communicate with me. If your not a Bot but are a real people, please consider the following answer as my answer to your question.

The best product here in this thread is the product that goes bang when you pull the trigger. I have found with modern day ammo that, as long as the shooter has a good functional as designed firing pin, ammo is ammo and failure is now fairly uncommon. While I am not particular in makes/models of ammo, I prefer louder ammo bangs so therefore recommend the 50 BMG = most bang for the buck so to speak. I have never fired (or owned) a Sherman Tank with the 74mm Cannon before but I got a hunch that those are loud too. I can't recommend the 74mm ammo yet but someday, if I find one, can afford it and my wife Tippy lets me get one, I will pick up a Sherman Tank - test the loudness of its 74mm Cannon and report back here. Until then though, I highly recommend the 50 BMG in answer to which is the best product..:missingtooth:

Puc

He was just another spamming piece of crap and he was banned first thing this morning and all his posts removed. He was just trying to get his 20 required posts in before he could finally post a link to his spamming website. Claimed to be from Mississippi or something but his IP address was out of India. Just another piece of garbage that had to be taken out. It happens almost every day but I catch most of them before they get that many posts.

He was just another spamming piece of crap and he was banned first thing this morning and all his posts removed. He was just trying to get his 20 required posts in before he could finally post a link to his spamming website. Claimed to be from Mississippi or something but his IP address was out of India. Just another piece of garbage that had to be taken out. It happens almost every day but I catch most of them before they get that many posts.

See why I jumped on the opportunity to spam :stickpoke: your spammin backside before our anti spammin bossman got cha by the nap of the neck and tossed ya back into the dumpster Jerome? I KNEW that was coming.. :biker::guitarist 2::happy34::essen_018:

Thanks Don for all you do! YOU DA MAN!!:thumbsup: