IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

I did run across at least one more option for an automatic .22 mag. Reviews are mixed but not bad overall. Prices seem to run in the $550.00 range. I don't think I'll be buying one. I'll just stick with my trusty Ruger 6 shooter. :)

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/review-rock-island-armory-xt-22-magnum/247832

:think:,, wait a second here,,, ya keep talking 6 shooter but no :photographing:'s :scared:... If ya need pic posting advice, dont be afraid to ask,, there are several people in the club that can assist :big-grin-emoticon:

** Note to self = your going straight to probation for that one Puc.. :mugshot:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did run across at least one more option for an automatic .22 mag. Reviews are mixed but not bad overall. Prices seem to run in the $550.00 range. I don't think I'll be buying one. I'll just stick with my trusty Ruger 6 shooter. :)

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/review-rock-island-armory-xt-22-magnum/247832

That is a heavy .22 magnum, getting close to .45 weight. Ok for range shooting but like my .45s, not comfortable for carry. But a very interesting gun to say the least.

:farmer:

That is a heavy .22 magnum, getting close to .45 weight. Ok for range shooting but like my .45s, not comfortable for carry. But a very interesting gun to say the least.

:97: Mornin Sly:big-grin-emoticon:

Notice I didnt say Good Mornin Sly? Wayyy to early for that :missingtooth:

:think:,, wait a second here,,, ya keep talking 6 shooter but no :photographing:'s :scared:... If ya need pic posting advice, dont be afraid to ask,, there are several people in the club that can assist :big-grin-emoticon:

** Note to self = your going straight to probation for that one Puc.. :mugshot:

Well, I didn't post the pictures because I have posted them here before but here you go. As you can see, it has the .22 cylinder in it right now. The magnum cylinder is not fluted.

IMG_1032-1.jpg IMG_1033.jpg

Well, I didn't post the pictures because I have posted them here before but here you go. As you can see, it has the .22 cylinder in it right now. The magnum cylinder is not fluted.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115879 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115880

Really nice piece. Is that still a Single Six or a different model? I carried a single six sooo many years ago while riding horses and loved it. Never had an issue. Really like the holster rig too. I was all Paladin with blued gun, black grips and black rig. Yeehaw!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115879 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115880

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW is that purdy Bossman!! Just wreaks of western quick draw cowboy,, BEAUTIFUL!!:clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I embarressly had forgotten that you had posted up the picture but gotta say brother,, the embarrassment on my part is 100% worth getting to see that gorgeous shooter one more time :missingtooth:

Really nice piece. Is that still a Single Six or a different model? I carried a single six sooo many years ago while riding horses and loved it. Never had an issue. Really like the holster rig too. I was all Paladin with blued gun, black grips and black rig. Yeehaw!

Yes, they still call it the Single Six. Actually, they call them "New Single Six" now days. I had a blued one years ago but it, with the rest of my gun collection, kind of disappeared when I went through a divorce. I had what I think was the same holster for it. I actually went to buy another blue one but all the blue ones now have plastic grips and I really like the wood. I started to buy it anyway because there are many grips for them on the market. The more I thought about it though, the SS model grew on me and I ended up buying it instead.

I bought this tote from Amazon to put in the back of my truck when I go to the range I can take them all or just grab one or two I find it usefull and saves space.https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115874

Now THAT is AWESOME!!! Definitely a great idea Tuffy!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT!!:thumbsup:

A 1911 high capacity 22 mag = WAYYYY COOL!! Little pricey for my blood but still = I LOVE IT!!:thumbsup:

It only looks a bit like a 1911, they are very clear that there are only like 3 small pieces that are interchangeable with a 1911 and it can NOT be converted to any other caliber.

Yes, they still call it the Single Six. Actually, they call them "New Single Six" now days. I had a blued one years ago but it, with the rest of my gun collection, kind of disappeared when I went through a divorce. I had what I think was the same holster for it. I actually went to buy another blue one but all the blue ones now have plastic grips and I really like the wood. I started to buy it anyway because there are many grips for them on the market. The more I thought about it though, the SS model grew on me and I ended up buying it instead.

I can certainly see why Don,, those wood grips a beautiful!! And, personally, I like the Stainless look! Years ago when I first started hunting Deer with a handgun I bought a Ruger Redhawk 44,, liked the gun but it just did not fit my hand,, the trigger guard would dig into my fingers everytime I shot it. I traded it on a Smith 29 which I shot the daylights out of and took several Deer with it. In the end I stretched the backstrap on the 29 by .011, it got REALLY sloppy and I sold it to a Gun Smith up near Baldwin Michigan. I was telling him that I thought my Redhawk had a larger backstrap and commented I thought it was probably the more over built of the two pieces. He had been in business for many many years and said he could completely agree with that, that Ruger makes AWESOME shooters!

I always thought the Single Six was the 22lr only version and the 22lr/22mag with the interchangeable was called the Convertible. Thinking about that and using my language (even though its probably wrong), I wonder if a person bought the Single Six 22lr,, could they buy a 22mag cylinder for it and would the cylinder drop in and be timed/fit correctly or would a gun smith have to tune it??

I'm not sure about your question. I bought my first Single Six probably 35 or 40 years ago and it came with both cylinders. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a new one without both. I just thought that was always the way they were sold.

Back during those times, I also had a Ruger Super Hawk in .44 mag. That what I carried when I was deer hunting. It was the same western style as the Single Six and I had a similar holster setup with it. It came with the wood grips but put a nice pair of buffalo horn grips on it. I loved that gun also.

For hand gun deer hunting my first was a Colt Anaconda 44 mag with 8" barrel, all stainless and a red dot scope. After a while that got upgraded to a Desert Eagle in 50AE, and that finally upgraded to the 7mm-08 that I showed earlier in this thread. Unfortunately when times were really tough I had to sell the Colt and the Desert Eagle. I really liked that Desert Eagle a lot, a replacement is back on my wish list. It was also my favorite sleeping buddy while camping in bear and wolf country. That 50AE could launch 325 grains at 1800 fps.

I'm not sure about your question. I bought my first Single Six probably 35 or 40 years ago and it came with both cylinders. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a new one without both. I just thought that was always the way they were sold.

Back during those times, I also had a Ruger Super Hawk in .44 mag. That what I carried when I was deer hunting. It was the same western style as the Single Six and I had a similar holster setup with it. It came with the wood grips but put a nice pair of buffalo horn grips on it. I loved that gun also.

Dont be alarmed my friend, I aint sure about my question either:big-grin-emoticon:

I tried different grips on my Red Hawk but discovered that for my hands, it was actually the clearance between the frame and the trigger guard that was biten me,, just not enough room in there for my fat fingers. Every boom was painful.. I gotta hunch that shootin irons are a lot like bikes, one size does not fit all :missingtooth:

:think:,, be kind of a boring world if it was the other way around:hihi:

For hand gun deer hunting my first was a Colt Anaconda 44 mag with 8" barrel, all stainless and a red dot scope. After a while that got upgraded to a Desert Eagle in 50AE, and that finally upgraded to the 7mm-08 that I showed earlier in this thread. Unfortunately when times were really tough I had to sell the Colt and the Desert Eagle. I really liked that Desert Eagle a lot, a replacement is back on my wish list. It was also my favorite sleeping buddy while camping in bear and wolf country. That 50AE could launch 325 grains at 1800 fps.

That D.E. 50AE has been on my list for EVER Fool:Hitit:!! What a handful of a shooter that sweetheart is!!

While the D.E. 50 is on my list to replace, just because it was so much fun to shoot. A new set of reloading dies for the 50AE is also VERY expensive. In the meantime the 50S&W was invented, So now I am a bit torn between the two. I have not priced the dies for the S&W 50. I know that the "logical" solution is to just get both. :confused24::whistling: But right now neither of them is anywhere near being in the budget. :mo money: I "need" a new deer hunting rifle first.

My new2me play toy. Just picked this un-fired black powder shoulder stocked 1858 Army out of a Wyoming auction. Kinda fits in between the rifle revolver, and the buffalo gun. Makes a nice set... The shoulder stock will fit on any of the SAA reproductions. Even the Buffalo.... :thumbsup2:

365-1 (Small).jpg

235-2 (Small).jpg

shoulder.1.jpg

Now that is cool. Reminds me of a spagetti western with Lee Van Cleif shooting over his horses saddle. Now while on the rifle/revolver subject, a local dealer has a 1902 Luger .30 cal. with stock and long barrel called a carbine. Absolutely gorgeous by the pics. The listing price is $13,999.00. I think I may buy it...not.:no-no-no:

I am just dreaming of the bang toys that I will be able to buy tomorrow after I win powerball tonight.

Hey, I just bought the first powerball tickets in my life. Two of them. Since I'm planning to win, I'm guessing that you will have to make other plans!

zag

I am just dreaming of the bang toys that I will be able to buy tomorrow after I win powerball tonight.

Hey, I just bought the first powerball tickets in my life. Two of them. Since I'm planning to win, I'm guessing that you will have to make other plans!

zag

I bought one once,, last week as a matter of fact, and didnt win nuttin,,, hope you two lop eared varmints the pot and have to split it :crackup::stirthepot::moon::moon::moon:

:scared:,,, what am I sayin,, you two are my very very very best friends,, definitely NOT lop eared varmints,, I am deeply sorry for that comment :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: