IGNORED

Non mc related

tufftom4

I have an older motor home and the propane valve leaks when open my brother runs a plumbing suply company and says they do not deal with propane fittings and I have scoured the internet for the valve I need and can't find it so if anyone who knows propane and can send me in the correct direction let me know.

20181231_105501.jpg

Hard to tell on my phone, is that the tank valve? If so we can't even get those tanks filled around here anymore. They won't fill anything over 12 years old.

Yup, some places get skiddish about filling older tanks. I've replaced the valves on a couple of old 100lb tanks and there's a place near me that doesn't hassle me over it. One of the tanks has a last inspection stamped at 1951...lol..(true fact):guitarist 2:

Yup, some places get skiddish about filling older tanks. I've replaced the valves on a couple of old 100lb tanks and there's a place near me that doesn't hassle me over it. One of the tanks has a last inspection stamped at 1951...lol..(true fact):guitarist 2:

The firefighter mentality in me says YIKES.

Meh, LPG is low pressure and to the best of my knowledge, there is no inspection/pressure test requirement on the tanks. There is a requirement for portable tanks to have tip valves. That is the reason you cant get the older tanks refilled.

OP, Id check with your local RV/camper sales/service center for the needed valve.

Meh, LPG is low pressure and to the best of my knowledge, there is no inspection/pressure test requirement on the tanks. There is a requirement for portable tanks to have tip valves. That is the reason you cant get the older tanks refilled.

OP, Id check with your local RV/camper sales/service center for the needed valve.

The OPD valves are required and static testing with new date stamps every 12 years now. They really cracked down on it around here.

Actually LPG is used at low pressure VIA a pressure regulator but the pressure in the average tank is 145 psi @ 70deg. F and can get as high as 180 PSI at 90deg F. Tanks are tested every 12 years at somewhere between 300 and 350 PSI

Also you can try your local welding gases supplier for a replacement valve.