IGNORED

What I have done to my ...uh...bike

Freebird

Well, haven't actually done ANYTHING to the Venture this year. Also, haven't moved the Slingshot since the day I nearly froze to death riding it home.

BUT...i have added a few things.

Bullet Speed V-Back top.

Madstad adjustable windshield.

Carbon_One trailer hitch.

Trailing wiring isolator and connector.

IMG_1039.jpg

Looking good Don. :mo money::thumbsup2:Maybe this weekend it'll be warm enough for Eileen to take ya for a ride. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Larry

I thought that Larry but wasn't brave enough to say it!!!:backinmyday: And the bad part?? The ride I took in your Slingshot was the closest I've been to anything that couldn't be called a cage for a while!! Gotta get in that garage!!!:7_6_3[1]:

I thought that Larry but wasn't brave enough to say it!!!:backinmyday: And the bad part?? The ride I took in your Slingshot was the closest I've been to anything that couldn't be called a cage for a while!! Gotta get in that garage!!!:7_6_3[1]:

Flippin adult go cart with a big motor is what that puppy is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

I have to ask is this thing a motorcycle or car? how would it be licensed and do you have to wear helmets. I have never seen one of these around here. I did see something similiar and it may have been one but I am thinking it had a V8 in it and had 3 car tires on it. Sorry not familiar with these... Uh.... Bikes...

I have to ask is this thing a motorcycle or car? how would it be licensed and do you have to wear helmets. I have never seen one of these around here. I did see something similiar and it may have been one but I am thinking it had a V8 in it and had 3 car tires on it. Sorry not familiar with these... Uh.... Bikes...

Most states list them as a motorcycle, due to being a three wheeler. Although now a lot of states are switching to them being classified as a autocycle yet still license them as mc's. Confused yet? So states that require a helmet require the same in their states when driving them. Cowpuc is right, they're like an oversized go cart and handle about the same yet ride more sports car like. Think Mita here.

You're there Don on the :mo money: part

YEA, so whats your point? :12101:

Not that unrelated to my vid below - my point is sort of irrelevant :big-grin-emoticon::missingtooth:and lacking substance,,,, just thinking of how much pure fun go carts are and how the powers that be used to do everything in their power to keep us from enjoying playing with the things.. I just think its WAYYYYYYYY cool that Polaris was able to take it to the limit and sneak one by those who are constantly trying to "protect" us from ourselves and produce such a really fun go cart with a big motor that is street legal:banana::happy65::guitarist 2: ... I know,, its a flaw in my character but spinning a roadie in a street legal go cart = yea,,,,, ok,,, thats my point :big-grin-emoticon:

So many fun "toys",, so little time...........

In my opinion, the Slingshot is in no way a motorcycle. Side by side seating and a steering wheel make it closer to a car than a motorcycle in my book. The Spyder has motorcycle style seating and handlebars so I think it is much more of a motorcycle trike than the Slingshot. That being said, it doesn't matter to me. There are many ways to get your face in the wind and the Slingshot is just another way to do that. I wasn't wild about the way the Spyder handled. It didn't handle like a motorcycle in any way but didn't handle like a car either. I admit that I didn't ride it enough to get used to it but it just wasn't for me. I'm not knocking the Spyder, some people absolutely love them and have ridden them enough to get used to the handling but for my tall frame, it just wasn't comfortable enough for me to put the miles on it to reach that point. The Slingshot does handle very much like a sports car and is fun to drive but obviously in a much different way than a motorcycle. I think that Polaris worked a miracle by getting this thing approved as a motorcycle for licensing purposes. Due to it's lack of safety features like airbags, shatter proof windshields, and so many other things required for automobiles, it would never pass government requirements as a car so getting it accepted as a motorcycle was essential to its success. Like Larry said, more and more states are coming up with the new autocycle classification and I wonder where that will eventually end up and what safety requirements could someday be added. At this point though, it is just another way to enjoy that wind in your face experience.

Looking good Don. :mo money::thumbsup2:Maybe this weekend it'll be warm enough for Eileen to take ya for a ride. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Larry

But before you climb in that hot rod with that crazy biker chick ya might wanna ask her if she checked her seat belt mounts = http://blog.motorcycle.com/2018/04/02/manufacturers/polaris/polaris-recall-2015-2018-polaris-slingshot-motorcycles/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Motorcycle.com_new-content-unsold&utm_source=Motorcycle.com20180409 ..... We wouldn't want our Bossman to get tossed out in a highspeed corner :Laugh:

In my opinion, the Slingshot is in no way a motorcycle. Side by side seating and a steering wheel make it closer to a car than a motorcycle in my book. The Spyder has motorcycle style seating and handlebars so I think it is much more of a motorcycle trike than the Slingshot. That being said, it doesn't matter to me. There are many ways to get your face in the wind and the Slingshot is just another way to do that. I wasn't wild about the way the Spyder handled. It didn't handle like a motorcycle in any way but didn't handle like a car either. I admit that I didn't ride it enough to get used to it but it just wasn't for me. I'm not knocking the Spyder, some people absolutely love them and have ridden them enough to get used to the handling but for my tall frame, it just wasn't comfortable enough for me to put the miles on it to reach that point. The Slingshot does handle very much like a sports car and is fun to drive but obviously in a much different way than a motorcycle. I think that Polaris worked a miracle by getting this thing approved as a motorcycle for licensing purposes. Due to it's lack of safety features like airbags, shatter proof windshields, and so many other things required for automobiles, it would never pass government requirements as a car so getting it accepted as a motorcycle was essential to its success. Like Larry said, more and more states are coming up with the new autocycle classification and I wonder where that will eventually end up and what safety requirements could someday be added. At this point though, it is just another way to enjoy that wind in your face experience.

Well said Don. I truly miss the motorcycling aspect at times whether it was on 2 or 3 wheels. As I got older it became obvious that if I wanted wind in my face I had to adapt. Especially after being broadsided and tossed back in "12". We had a Mita for a few years too.. Really fun little car but just not the same feeling you could get motorcycling. So this Slingshot fills these gaps for wife & I being safe & while we continue having fun.

Your comparisons between the Spyder & Slingshot are dead on as well. My son has an earlier model Spyder I've ridden a few times but never could get comfortable on it. Love it or not Polaris really hit a home run with these 3 wheeled Slingshots. The thing with these machines is the broad spectrum of people who are attracted to them. Current & former motorcyclist, sports car enthusiast, or just your average Joe of all ages and sex.

Larry

My Spyder came with a custom heated seat which moved the driver seating position back about 3 inches....makes all the difference in the world... I too felt a little cramped when I first test rode one a few years ago, thought it was my imagination but soon realized the seat was different on the one I purchased...love the new Spyder.....

My Spyder came with a custom heated seat which moved the driver seating position back about 3 inches....makes all the difference in the world... I too felt a little cramped when I first test rode one a few years ago, thought it was my imagination but soon realized the seat was different on the one I purchased...love the new Spyder.....

With the new seat did your passenger lose space while you gained room?

Well, haven't actually done ANYTHING to the Venture this year. Also, haven't moved the Slingshot since the day I nearly froze to death riding it home.

BUT...i have added a few things.

Bullet Speed V-Back top.

Madstad adjustable windshield.

Carbon_One trailer hitch.

Trailing wiring isolator and connector.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112043

You just need to buy a convertible with a trailer hitch.

With the new seat did your passenger lose space while you gained room?

I would assume so, but Taters tells me she has plenty of room. I took the back rest off of the drivers seat but she wants me to put it back on because she likes the feeling of being closed in back there.....lol