IGNORED

great deal on Avon tire....

Cinderella

I know that most of you like to give your tire business to swmoto because of the good things they have done for us......

but I am a savy shopper.........and got a great deal $$ and super fast delivery on the rear Avon tire I bought for Dale.

I ordered it Wednesday sometime around 7 pm and it arrived early this afternoon.....!!

The tire was $120.99 and the shipping was free !!They did have a $5 tire fee so $125.99

to buy this same tire from swmoto would have cost me $131.95 + $14 for shipping ( since I only was ordering 1)

I also looked at motox whose price was $121.99 + $15 shipping.

Anyways I thought I would pass this good price info along....

http://www.denniskirk.com

they are out of MN and ship same day free for orders over $100...under $100 is $6.95 shipping.

with a satisfaction guarantee...you have up to 90 days for full refund or exchange

I know that most of you like to give your tire business to swmoto because of the good things they have done for us......

but I am a savy shopper.........and got a great deal $$ and super fast delivery on the rear Avon tire I bought for Dale.

I ordered it Wednesday sometime around 7 pm and it arrived early this afternoon.....!!

The tire was $120.99 and the shipping was free !!They did have a $5 tire fee so $125.99

to buy this same tire from swmoto would have cost me $131.95 + $14 for shipping ( since I only was ordering 1)

they are out of MN and ship same day free for orders over $100...under $100 is $6.95 shipping.

with a satisfaction guarantee...you have up to 90 days for full refund or exchange

Funny you mention Dennis Kirk, I ordered two tires from SWmoto three years ago and when I got them they had been shipped from Dennis Kirk. Kind of interesting...

Jerry

Good to hear that you got a deal...but I'll play devil advacate here, check the date code on the tire. It may seem like a great deal until you find out that your tire has been sitting on the shelf for 2 years....just a heads up and my .02 worth

For the 1st gens,is everybody using the Avon Venom tires?? These would be the non-radials..I want to make sure I order the right ones.

Non of the Ventures 1st or 2nd gens use radials, just biased ply I use the Avon Venoms

Whats the problem with two year old tire? Ran tires over six years no problem.

Some have not been as lucky as you, if tires aren't stored correctly they can start to break down. I myself dont want to pay top dollar for an old stock tire...but this is just me. :confused24:

Non of the Ventures 1st or 2nd gens use radials, just biased ply I use the Avon Venoms

Some have not been as lucky as you, if tires aren't stored correctly they can start to break down. I myself dont want to pay top dollar for an old stock tire...but this is just me. :confused24:

Hi Squidley

I have a brickstone on the front of my 85 1st gen and its starting to get weathered, and needs changing soon.

What size Avon have you found to give the best response?

Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread but I was gonna order and thought this thread seemed kinda timely.

Hi Squidley

I have a brickstone on the front of my 85 1st gen and its starting to get weathered, and needs changing soon.

What size Avon have you found to give the best response?

Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread but I was gonna order and thought this thread seemed kinda timely.

Brian,

There is only 1 size tire that fits on the 1st gen, it's not like the G2 with the narrow size or the stock size. What you want to order for the front is 120/90-18 65H Avon Venom X.

:confused24:

OK, I have to ask, at the Dennis Kirk site they list 2 Venoms the same size, one is $110 and one is $120---what is the difference.:confused07:

The DOT Code begins with the letters "DOT" followed by a two numbers or letters plant code that identifies where it was manufactured. The last four numbers represent the week and year the tire was built. A three-digit code was used for tires manufactured before the year 2000. For example, 178 means it was manufactured in the 17th week of 8th year of the decade. In this case it means 1988. For tires manufactured in the 1990s, the same code holds true, but there is a little triangle (Δ) after the DOT code. Thus, a tire manufactured in the 17th week of 1998 would have the code 178Δ. After 2000, the code was switched to a 4-digit code. Same rules apply, so for example, 3003 means the tire was manufactured in the 30th week of 2003.

Other numbers are marketing codes used at the manufacturer's discretion.

:confused24:

OK, I have to ask, at the Dennis Kirk site they list 2 Venoms the same size, one is $110 and one is $120---what is the difference.:confused07:

Ok I quoted myself---But looking at the website again, the $110.99 Venom is a 140/90H-15. I though the Venture uses a 150/90H-15, if so they are $120.99.:confused07:

Ok I quoted myself---But looking at the website again, the $110.99 Venom is a 140/90H-15. I though the Venture uses a 150/90H-15, if so they are $120.99.:confused07:

Dave,

You sure the 140/90 isn't a 16? the 1st gen rear tire is 140/90-16 and the G2 is the 150/90-15

For the 1st gens,is everybody using the Avon Venom tires?? These would be the non-radials..I want to make sure I order the right ones.

I have Pirelli Routes and they have been fine for me.

I am not trying to push em but here is a link with pics and sizes. And I do not have the raised white letters

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/tire-tyre-guide/Pirelli-MT66Route.htm