IGNORED

I rode it ... but didn't like it!

SilvrT

As we were passing thru Panama City Beach today on our way to our Florida destination we noticed there were many, many bikes around. The we saw a "Harley Demo Rides" sign so we hung a right, found a place to park our rig and discovered it was "Bike Week" and there was a ton of thing happening including.....

Indian Demos so off we went to where that was, got ourselves into a "bikes only" parking lot by accident and had to do some skilful manouvering to get turned around and out of there and we thought for sure there's no way we'd find a place to park ... turned a corner and voila` ...

Yup, to make a long story short, we got to demo an Indian today. Nice bike alright but to tell ya the truth, I'd buy a Harley, a Victory, a Honda, maybe even the new Yamaha (but not a Kawasaki) before I'd buy the Indian.

Why?

Noisy engine, wasn't as smooth as a Harley, byt the end of the 20 minute ride the inside of my leg was almost fried ... had to hold my leg wide away from the head pipe to prevent it from getting burned and ... just like my Vic was in the beginning the Indian has a tendency to "lurch" when riding very slow just when you back off the throttle ... seems to be more associated to downshift into 1st.

Anyhoo ... here we are ...

IMG_1477.jpg

OUTSTANDING SILV!!!!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup: You two lop eared CTFW(S) cross country full time touring varmints make that Road Master look GREAT!!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks for the beautiful pic and for sharing some road time stories with us!! WELL DONE!!

As far as the bike goes,, I could not agree with you more!! Tip and I found exactly the same thing.. Not to be a CTFW spoiler cause I KNOW your demo days on scoots and reporting on them is farrrr from over but this is how that heat issue stacked up for us.. Hottest of the hottest = Indian, seconded by Yam Venture, 3rd was HD and 4th = Victory.. May also sound really strange but, bar none = Vision handling was amazing (nicked named the one I spent a bunch of time on "the weeble" as in = the weeble may wobble but it WONT fall down).

I really really do like what Polaris did with the design on that Indian though.. I like how they put forth a HUGE effort in keeping the nostilgia look with the flat head scheme and full fenders.. Lots and lots of folks dont like it but I, for one, have always been partial to them. Personally, I like the original Red color though..

You check out prices? Thinking you folks are setting on a $32,000 scoot there?? Still makes me stutter to even think that kind of dollar...

WOWZY - freezing here!! Saw our first snow flake this morning (THANKS A LOT @Flyinfool :rasberry:) - Silv, that pic actually warmed our hearts - KEEP EM COMING BROTHER and keep having fun out there!!!:happy34:

While the lowers on my cross country add to the "touring" look of mine, I like the air flow without them. I put them back on for our trip a few weeks back mainly for storage and wind protection in case it got cold. I really miss being able to use my tank bag on trips.

While the lowers on my cross country add to the "touring" look of mine, I like the air flow without them. I put them back on for our trip a few weeks back mainly for storage and wind protection in case it got cold. I really miss being able to use my tank bag on trips.

One of the HUGE things that just made/makes no sense to me on the new Venture is the fact that the "Lowers" are NOT removeable (they house a huge variety of devices that are not removeable) and,, get this,, only the very bottom two little grill openings on each side are actually functionable = meaning, no air can possibly get thru the upper 95 percent of the lower on either side.. I have said it before,,, its almost like the intent of that frame mounted fairing was for use on a water cooled bike with a radiator mounted between the two lowers. I seen it, rode it, smelled it, tasted it, videoed it and even went back for a second day of testing it and I still, to this day,, still dont get it.....

• 2 weeks later...

I just put the Indian Chief Vintage (willow green and cream) that is in the background of your picture on layaway... will pick up by April 15th. It doesn't have the full fairing, just the quick release windshield so I'm hoping the heat isn't that much of an issue.

I just put the Indian Chief Vintage (willow green and cream) that is in the background of your picture on layaway... will pick up by April 15th. It doesn't have the full fairing, just the quick release windshield so I'm hoping the heat isn't that much of an issue.

Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy it. If you find the heat to be an issue, consider removing the catalytic convertors which (if it's like the Victory) are in the header pipes. That, IMO, is where all the heat is generated. Also consider installing a power commander with auto tune.

Both of these mods made a huge difference for me on my Victory,

Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy it. If you find the heat to be an issue, consider removing the catalytic convertors which (if it's like the Victory) are in the header pipes. That, IMO, is where all the heat is generated. Also consider installing a power commander with auto tune.

Both of these mods made a huge difference for me on my Victory,

This Indian already has a Stage one kit with They DynoJet controller I believe. I took a couple pics of it but all I can find now is the pic of the box. Guess I will find out more in April when I pick it up!!

Thanks for the feedback.

My son bought a 2017 Chieftain Limited that has the full fairing but no lowers (has smaller front fender). He says that it doesn't run any hotter than his previous V-Rod. He is very pleased with it.

Hey SivrT good to see you're enjoying the touring.

Just to make you smile, we've already had a light :snow:snowfall here in the Lower Mainland a couple of days ago & today max temp was 4 degrees! :cold: Touch & go whether a snow storm moves onshore tonight/ tomorrow! Didn't make it today & hoping it won't tomorrow either!

Sitting here thumbing thru the club's code book,,,, look's like by April 20th (1 week rule) we should be seeing :photographing:'s and reviews about that new Indian than correct?? Personally I LOVE the that color!! Cant wait to see and hear all about it!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Hey SivrT good to see you're enjoying the touring.

Just to make you smile, we've already had a light :snow:snowfall here in the Lower Mainland a couple of days ago & today max temp was 4 degrees! :cold: Touch & go whether a snow storm moves onshore tonight/ tomorrow! Didn't make it today & hoping it won't tomorrow either!

Heard about it from our girls who live in Van and my son who lives in Surrey but works in the interior and drives home every couple weeks.

We're basking in full sun and 25 - 30 degree celcius :225: ... hope you're smilin! LOL

Heard about it from our girls who live in Van and my son who lives in Surrey but works in the interior and drives home every couple weeks.

We're basking in full sun and 25 - 30 degree celcius :225: ... hope you're smilin! LOL

You know us Canadians.... we're always smilin'! We got so much to smile about :crackup: :canada:

Sitting here thumbing thru the club's code book,,,, look's like by April 20th (1 week rule) we should be seeing :photographing:'s and reviews about that new Indian than correct?? Personally I LOVE the that color!! Cant wait to see and hear all about it!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Puc, here she is!! Already getting anxious...The boy wants his toy. LOL. Been looking at the Hannigan sidecar setup for this bike. Even though I like the look of the trike, I want to keep the integrity of the bike. I could just disconnect the sidecar and do some 2 wheeling.....

Indian.jpg