IGNORED

Come one come all : Step right up and test your 1st Gen Venture knowledge!!

cowpuc

Looking beyond the mess this scoot appears to find itself in reveals some pretty interesting add-on's IMHO.. Some of them I don't recognize.. Anyone else see things here that they dont recall having ever seen before??

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/d/motorcycle-for-sale-or-trade/6304752627.html

I like the look of the side bag rails. My 85 had the trunk light rack and ive seen the scoop with the lights in it too. Poor bike though 😢

I like the look of the side bag rails. My 85 had the trunk light rack and ive seen the scoop with the lights in it too. Poor bike though 😢

Wassup Cha!!

Me too on those side rail's!! I have never ever seen those before!! You ever seen a set??

NICE :happy34: but,,, ever seen the ones like attached to the clam shells on that MK1 Jack :think:?

I've seen a couple over the years, but they are rare.

I'm gonna give this a shot... Here are a few pics of the Venture Line Catalog. Maybe??

http://www.cast-aways.com/QUICKY/access3.jpg

http://www.cast-aways.com/QUICKY/access2.jpg

http://www.cast-aways.com/QUICKY/access5.jpg

I have seen those saddlebag rails, but they are rare as hen's teeth IMHO! I have also seen engine guard side rails, equally as rare!

There sure is a lot of aftermarket on it, but not worth the asking price...

It is a little weathered..... I doubt the aftermarket stuff is in any better shape either... I don't think I would give half of what he is asking....

Looking beyond the mess this scoot appears to find itself in reveals some pretty interesting add-on's IMHO.. Some of them I don't recognize.. Anyone else see things here that they dont recall having ever seen before??

While not on the Craig List bike, at the Ontario Meet last weekend, Dusty Roads rode in on his good looking 86 VR which had some chrome fairing edge trim pieces on each side of his fairing. They are shown in the accessory manual that Condor posted. Love them and would sure like to find a pair, as they would hide the scars on my fairing. I've started to search for a pair but l suspect they are also "scarce as hens teeth".

While not on the Craig List bike, at the Ontario Meet last weekend, Dusty Roads rode in on his good looking 86 VR which had some chrome fairing edge trim pieces on each side of his fairing. They are shown in the accessory manual that Condor posted. Love them and would sure like to find a pair, as they would hide the scars on my fairing. I've started to search for a pair but l suspect they are also "scarce as hens teeth".

Got a set for a pattern. Rusted up but......:Avatars_Gee_George:

Nope... More like Chicken Lips... Another piece of bling that I've seen and don't see in the catalog are stone guard grids that fit over the turn signal lights and the head light. Might have been made by Kyryakyn(sp) or Custom Chrome... Chrome Werks??? Anyway they looked cool but could never find a set that had already found a home and wasn't leaving... :-)

I have those travel trunk bars on the side of my 89 VR. They are a Ventureline item that I was able to pick up NOS when I first got my VR. I actually picked them up at a dealer and was the only Ventureline item they had left in stock.

Here is a picture of them on my bike. I am thinking he has them mounted backwards from what I do.

20171007_202808 (Medium).jpg

Rick F.

755.jpg

For those fairing edge protectors, I just fabricated some up using Plastic chrome in various pieces. I think there is a picture in my gallery here but I'm not sure. I'm not home, we are on vacation in Mazatlan, Mexico this week...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110664

I have a bunch of parts for sale and believe I have a decent set of those fairing pieces Evan.. Problem is they are in storage at my place out on the east coast.. Tell ya what,, Paypal me a few bucks for handling and I will send you the address of where the parts are stored out in New York and send you a key to the joint (funny shaped key, sort of looks like a pry bar) and you can help yourself.. Do it soon though, cause the Doberman Pincher that usually guards the place who is currently off duty chasing his tail in circles down south may return at any moment now that he knows his job back home will not be so boring..

Hope you and Becky have a GREAT time there Bongo!! Sure looks like fun brother!!!:thumbsup:

P.S. = THANKS FOR THE :photographing:

Another piece of bling that I've seen and don't see in the catalog are stone guard grids that fit over the turn signal lights and the head light. Might have been made by Kyryakyn(sp) or Custom Chrome... Chrome Werks??? Anyway they looked cool but could never find a set that had already found a home and wasn't leaving... :-)

These must be the turn signal stone guards your referring to. They came with an 87' parts bike I picked up a few years ago.

Interesting that they made a headlight guard. No idea where the previous owner picked them up.

20171010_210424 840.jpg

Here’s another piece i hadn’t seen before getting my 84’ parts bikecba28846b65740cfb7195a65c5e44ee5.jpg

Similar to the case guards and such. I wont be using them if anyone really loves them

Hey Max, do you still have that blonde parts bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Max, do you still have that blonde parts bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 87' blond parts and an 89' burgundy parts bike. Currently restoring the 87 and using the 89 for a few parts. I might have a something you need. send me a pm.