IGNORED

How many Active/Retired LEO's in the group>

Switch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read many of the posts, and had to follow this one to see how many were law enforcement. I'm impressed that there are so many.

Count me in as one more, with 26 years as a Kansas Trooper.

Stay safe.....

• 2 years later...

Just found this....

Retired N.Y.P.D. Detective, did 17 years and was forced to retire L.O.D. :crying:. The last 12 in the emergency service unit (E.S.U.) (our name for the S.W.A.T. team). I also ride with Blue Knights NYX.

Be safe and safe home.

My hats off to all of you for what you do. I'd have to agree with the previous poster when he stated he never got a ticket he didn't deserve. Of course, I, was brought up to 'man up' to whatever you do in this world.. be it good or bad... That way one can learn from your mistakes and make the necessary adjustments.

Now wait a second, I could have been blamin The :cop: or Mom and Dad or the next door neighbor, or my brothers wifes 3rd cousin removed... Just kiddin!

Keep up the good work guys, believe it or not , most of us really appreciate what you do, but like most things in life the majority is silent!

I've been working as one for almost 24 years, of which I have been blessed and highly favoured for almost 20 years in the K9 unit. Living the dream as I have heard others say.

I am fortunate as I wake up and get to go to work, where others wake up and have to go to work. With that said, I am still really looking forward to my retirement.

I worked for a couple different P.D.s and a Sheriff's Office for about 10 years. While in it, I loved it. K9 was the best part., But, about nine years ago, I decided that it was time to get my nights, weekends, and holidays back. So, at age forty one, I said thanks for the memories and moved on to an administrative position at BYU.

Be Safe!

Pete.

Police Lieutenant in Washington DC for eight years, deputy sheriff and CO before that! 12 too go untill retirement and I can't wait already but usually love my job!

If you happen to see your replica bike with me on it, just look away.:cop:

Former Deputy Sheriff here.

Gave it up. Got tired of putting up with so many disrespectful punks, and the small salary I was getting. Wasn't worth it. You have to love the job, not the pay. That's how I felt when I worked Fire/EMS...the pay sucked, but I loved helping others.

Away from all of that now. Working for the Government. Still working nights/weekends/holidays, but the pay is sooo much better.

Be safe guys and gals!

I've got over twenty years in now with only 3 years, 7 months, and 25 days to go.:banana:

Spent over 19 years in the field, but slid into a desk job as Deputy Director of Criminal Records about a year ago...

21 Years with the MO. D.O.C. the last 11 at a C-5 Institution. "You catch em, we keep em". Wife says I can't tretire anytime soon cause I want to spend to much time traveling on the bike. I'm okay with that so long as she tags along.

Everyone keep safe.