IGNORED

Microsoft does it again.

saddlebum

When microsoft pretty much forced us to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 and 8 my computer worked like it was firing on half its cylinders, freezing and all sorts of other stuff. finally it crapped out all together. Call Wayne up he takes my laptop and redoes the whole thing and its working fantastic. I finally have a properly functioning laptop .. .....But wait Microsoft now wants to update my laptop again and it sounds like I have no choice, with windows 10 creator (also known as windows 10 version 1703). Has any one done this up grade and am I justified in feeling just a whole lot terrified? or will this be painless with no long term side affects.

I did it several weeks ago. No issues at all. I never had any issues with 10 anyway though. The only issue with 10 was with the old Microsoft Streets and Trips that I use on my company computer. It has the GPS dongle that plugs into the USB port so it basically works like a big GPS. When I upgraded to the last version of 10 before the creators edition, plugging the receiver in would cause a blue screen of death. A quick Internet search revealed that it had happened to everybody using the GPS enable version of Streets. The creators edition corrected that issue.

Same here. No problems at all.. with the new creators edition.. My only issue with 10 so far from a performance standpoint is the actual upgrade at first. Most of the time it is OK but on some occasions an upgrade just leaves problems.. this happens with any upgrade and not just 10. A clean install solves all that. There are some things that should be turned off with 10 so that it isn't calling home all the time but otherwise it's fine in my opinion.

I'm still using close to the original version that Wayne gave me with my new LT. I turned off the updating thingy that wanted to shut me down every other day and disrupt my life. Haven't had an update in I bet about a year. SO far so good!

I have the MS win 10 creators update on my desktop and laptop. No problems.

You will get a new load of bloatware and spyware that you'll likely want to remove. But, you pretty much are going to be forced to take the upgrade.

All I can say is .... Apple. I went to the other side a year ago and haven't looked back.

I am leaning that way if I replace my old lap top I'm using right now. It has XP on it. Kind of slow and clunky. But hey its like 12 years old or something.