IGNORED

New Indian Chieftain Limited

Leland

Not mine. My son traded in his 2012 HD V-rod for a new 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited. Bike has all the bells and whistles, display screen and GPS. It was 97° here in Denver yesterday. He took it on a 30 mile test ride (I was on my RSTD) through our favorite twisties and on the highway. He said that it was no hotter than the HD. I felt the engine as soon as he shut it off and it did not seem excessively hot at all. Hope he's happy with it. It helped that Indian is offering a $1,500.00 rebate until 6/30/17 to sweeten the deal.

2017 Indian Chieftain Limited 6-27-17.jpg

Awesome bike. One of the subcontractors on one of the job sites let me take his for a spin. Told me ride it as long as I wanted, just be back in time for him to go home. I rode it for about an hour. Didn't want to get off it. One of these days, I am going get to his house to see his 1942 Indian Chief that has Steve McQueen's signature on it. Documented and every stuff.

Congrats to your son. He made a great choice.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - THAT IS GORGEOUS!! If I had me a great big gorgeous motorcycle like that you would have to catch me at a gas station filling it up with fuel to catch a still shot like that - any picture beyond that would just be a quick shot of the shadow of my Indian and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS to your son Leland!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful bike. I actually like the front fender better than their old-time swoopy fender. I know that old style is part of their heritage but I'm just not a fan.

Not me baby - if I were gonna spring for one of those gorgeous scoots I would HAVE to have those iconic swoopy fenders,,, probably Cream and Willow Green in color and even a really nice set of white wall tires like I KNOW you share in a deep love for too :stirthepot::stickpoke::witch_brew::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rotf:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - THAT IS GORGEOUS!! If I had me a great big gorgeous motorcycle like that you would have to catch me at a gas station filling it up with fuel to catch a still shot like that - any picture beyond that would just be a quick shot of the shadow of my Indian and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS to your son Leland!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know you cowpuc, but I feel like i do. Having read many of your posts here, I can't wait for more. The miles you have put on the road would have any true enthusiast envious. Me personally, I am jealous to say the least. Got six more years of that stupid work thing to go before I can set off on the adventures I want to take but will never catch up to you.

That being said, with the miles you log, I doubt anyone would catch you anywhere but a gas station.:rotf:

I don't know you cowpuc, but I feel like i do. Having read many of your posts here, I can't wait for more. The miles you have put on the road would have any true enthusiast envious. Me personally, I am jealous to say the least. Got six more years of that stupid work thing to go before I can set off on the adventures I want to take but will never catch up to you.

That being said, with the miles you log, I doubt anyone would catch you anywhere but a gas station.:rotf:

Back at cha Grubs!! You ever see a sticker covered beat up ol 83 Yamaha Venture beatin her poor little 74 inch V-4 heart out :sign67: trying to get the 2 people riding on her back back to civilization PLEASE feel free to chase er down and point its riders in the right direction = be a Hot Dog and a can of Pop in for ya if ya do!! :beer:

*** Hint for easily surpassing all those miles you spoke of,,,,, written above is a detailed explanation of how it happened.. :biker:

:hijacked:,, sorry bout that Leland = back to that GORGEOUS scoot of your sons!! WOW that is GORGEOUS!!:scared: Just noticed its "custom" wheels.. Sort of has a HD CVO look to em... Wonder if those are stock on the "Elite"?

Yup I like the new model better than the big fender and all that fringe stuff. I dunno how anybody keeps that stuff clean. The front fenders look kind of like they came off the Victory line.

As for the heat, the guys with the Victory's that do not have the lowers run a lot cooler.

Beautiful bike. I actually like the front fender better than their old-time swoopy fender. I know that old style is part of their heritage but I'm just not a fan.

Agree. I noted that some of the earlier "new" Indians had an overkill of retro. It looked good but it was a little bit over the top for me. This more modern with a hint of retro is a hit IMHO. Darn good looking bike.

I really like the style of the Polaris first Indians big fendors leather seat and handling characteristics. What I didn't like was hard shifting transmission and noises valve lifters. The heat from the engine in the summer was unbearable that's coming from someone who has two Harley's that are ridden daily. I had a 99 Victory with a 1500 engine that I've ran all Day before and could put my hand on the side of the cylinder without being burned. Polaris made a big mistake dumping the Victory oil and air cooled.