IGNORED

Finally going to travel!!

b2dad

Just wanted to let you all know that we are alive and kicking!! Don is doing much better after his THIRD knee replacement in less than one year. He's still working on improving his strength and stamina. Doctor says we are ready to travel!! We are leaving southern Alabama this Wednesday, March 29th. Heading for Florida to see barrycuda and and my cousin. Then we will be heading up the east coast, stopping in Savannah and then on to Columbia, SC to see Sleeperhawk and his Mechanic (George and Bobbie).

Next stops are in Atlanta and Payne's Creek, GA; Gatlinburg, TN and then to West TN to see kids and grandkids for a couple weeks. Then we head north into Illinois, stopping to see eusa1 the first week of June and then make our way to Kansas City to see youngest son, the B2 pilot. He is now a LT Colonel and is going to be the Squadron Commander. Very proud of him!

After that we will be heading out west, doing the "touristy" thing at Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Crazy Horse, etc. That will be in July. Not sure where we will end up for the winter. Thinking of checking out Arizona or maybe Texas. But for now I am content to travel and see this beautiful country of ours.

Sorry we are not going to make Mikes Root Beer Run or the International this year. Have to be in Kansas City that week. Hope there is a good attendance at both, they are great events!

Hope everyone has a great summer!

Patti

Wow you2!!! Finally the plans get to have some legs, or wheels if you so desire. Good for you. We just might, that is a very little might, be in the Badlands area in July, if we do we'll let you know. Right now it's still in the tumbler wishing to get chosen I guess.

Blessings on your travels.

Just wanted to let you all know that we are alive and kicking!! Don is doing much better after his THIRD knee replacement in less than one year. He's still working on improving his strength and stamina. Doctor says we are ready to travel!! We are leaving southern Alabama this Wednesday, March 29th. Heading for Florida to see barrycuda and and my cousin. Then we will be heading up the east coast, stopping in Savannah and then on to Columbia, SC to see Sleeperhawk and his Mechanic (George and Bobbie).

Next stops are in Atlanta and Payne's Creek, GA; Gatlinburg, TN and then to West TN to see kids and grandkids for a couple weeks. Then we head north into Illinois, stopping to see eusa1 the first week of June and then make our way to Kansas City to see youngest son, the B2 pilot. He is now a LT Colonel and is going to be the Squadron Commander. Very proud of him!

After that we will be heading out west, doing the "touristy" thing at Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Crazy Horse, etc. That will be in July. Not sure where we will end up for the winter. Thinking of checking out Arizona or maybe Texas. But for now I am content to travel and see this beautiful country of ours.

Sorry we are not going to make Mikes Root Beer Run or the International this year. Have to be in Kansas City that week. Hope there is a good attendance at both, they are great events!

Hope everyone has a great summer!

Patti

Thanks for the update Patti,

While in or near Atlanta you are welcome to land here at the Hacienda Ranchero. Just southeast of Atlanta, we have plenty of room for you.

If you are coming near Edgewater, FL here on the east coast, give me a shout, maybe we can get together.

Have a great trip.

Steve

We will be in Kissimmee from April 10th to April 15th. When we leave there on the 15th, we will be heading up the east coast towards Savannah, GA. If you want to meet us in Kissimmee or we can meet half way before the 15th, let me know what day is good for you. We don't have any special plans right now. Otherwise, we will be towing a large 5th wheel and while it's possible to stop on our way north, we need a very large parking lot (easy in and out) to meet up at.

My phone number is 731-514-0224 if you want to give me a shout. Leave message if I don't answer and I will call you back.

Patti

Hey Dragonslayer! Thanks for the offer of your Hacienda, but we already have a campground booked and paid for. We will be at Stone Mountain for a couple nights - May 2 - May 5. If you want to get together, let me know. Please see my phone number in a previous reply.

Patti

Steve

We will be in Kissimmee from April 10th to April 15th. When we leave there on the 15th, we will be heading up the east coast towards Savannah, GA. If you want to meet us in Kissimmee or we can meet half way before the 15th, let me know what day is good for you. We don't have any special plans right now. Otherwise, we will be towing a large 5th wheel and while it's possible to stop on our way north, we need a very large parking lot (easy in and out) to meet up at.

My phone number is 731-514-0224 if you want to give me a shout. Leave message if I don't answer and I will call you back.

Patti

Patti, those dates will be tough for me as I just started back to work at a real job, so free time during the week is not something I have anymore.

Patti, those dates will be tough for me as I just started back to work at a real job, so free time during the week is not something I have anymore.

We totally understand Steve. It was worth a shot, right? Congrats on getting back to work. Take care and maybe next time around we can meet up.

Patti

Patti,

I was thinking of you two the other day and wondering ? 3rd knee replacement, good golly, I had a difficult time with just the one I went thru. I hope his therapy is working out the 'kinks' and building up the muscle again.

It's good to hear that you're on your way again and hopefully the mechanical and health hiccups are all over.

I've made some smaller jewelery boxes especially for smaller areas and I attached a picture just to tease you.

Have GREAT and SAFE travels !

20140912_095938.jpg

Patti,

I was thinking of you two the other day and wondering ? 3rd knee replacement, good golly, I had a difficult time with just the one I went thru. I hope his therapy is working out the 'kinks' and building up the muscle again.

It's good to hear that you're on your way again and hopefully the mechanical and health hiccups are all over.

I've made some smaller jewelery boxes especially for smaller areas and I attached a picture just to tease you.

Have GREAT and SAFE travels !

Wow Dick, that looks soooo nice 👍😊😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hummingbird! Thanks for the teaser. I still have the one that I won at Potato Creek. One of the first things I packed in our RV. I get compliments on it all the time. Thank you for your beautiful workmanship. Your new one is beautiful too.

Patti

Hey Hummingbird! Thanks for the teaser. I still have the one that I won at Potato Creek. One of the first things I packed in our RV. I get compliments on it all the time. Thank you for your beautiful workmanship. Your new one is beautiful too.

Patti

you're probably happy you didn't get this one 20140216_121833.jpg20140218_160405_2_2.jpg packing this in the RV might present a problem

Hummingbird, that is gorgeous!!! Unfortunately I would not have room for that in my RV. I would cry if I had to leave it behind. Thanks again for your beautiful work. You have a special talent. Take care.

Patti