IGNORED

Sold my bike tonight

Doug royal86

Sold my bike tonight. It was a easy sell, The guy met me at my house when I got off work. I showed him how ever thing worked warmed it up.I pulled it out of the garage let him sit on it and then he started down the drive. He pulls out on the street about hits his trailer then drives in the neighbors yard then down the road. I knew it was not going to be pretty. He comes back tries to stop hits the front brake and he dropped my bike. It hit his trailer breaking the light off the trailer. He broke some plastic on the bike. I walked up to him and told him it is his bike now give me the money. He gave me the money I loaded the bike on the trailer for him tied it down because he did not know how to use a ratchet. I hate to say it, it will be crashed the next nice day to ride. He told me he knew how to ride but I guess not.

Most people won't let a potential customer ride a bike unless they know they are experienced. It's a big risk. I'm glad it worked out for you. Did you tell him about venturerider.org? Sounds like he may need our help and guidance.

Most people won't let a potential customer ride a bike unless they know they are experienced. It's a big risk. I'm glad it worked out for you. Did you tell him about venturerider.org? Sounds like he may need our help and guidance.

Or at least some spare parts to fix it. Glad you made out.

I have sold a couple bikes on CL, if they want a test ride they have to put the cash in my hand first. When the bike comes back unharmed and they dont choose to buy it they can have the cash back, although that has never happened. Joyriders are sussed out by the cash up front thing.

Glad you got cashed out for it. Living this close to Sturgis I often see guys riding bikes to big and heavy for their experience/skill level, see that with some regularity.

How to ride what ???

Exactly!! brought back childhood memories.. In the church parking lot next to our house where I grew up.. Was over there riding round and round on my Bonanza minibike.. Pastors Kid comes walking out,, I stop to say hi.. Says he wants to ride my bike... Famous question - You ever ride before? Shakes his head yes.. Climb off, he climbs on - turns the throttle and takes off - no turning - headed across the parking lot - still no sign of turning - going faster - straight as an arrow right head on into the side of the brick wall of the church.. Over the bars - splat.. Ran over, shut off my bike,, you ok? Yep.. Thought you said you rode before? = Thought I knew how,, :bang head:

Congrats on selling the scoot Doug,, all the best on picking up your next one!! If you decide what your looking for and wanna let me know I will keep a weathered out for a good deal on one..

Seems like there aren't that many newish smaller bikes with an upright seating position. Plenty of cruisers if that is your style. My Kawasaki ZN700 has a dry weight of 498lbs and is so easy to push around the garage. Pushing around the Venture is a high risk situation, high risk of it falling over. The "adventure" bikes seem to be the latest craze. The one liter Vstrom weighs just over 500 lbs and might be a possibility. And they aren't that expensive to buy used. The BMW RT bikes supposedly have an upright seating position and all day riding comfort. Ain't cheap though.

I have sold a couple bikes on CL, if they want a test ride they have to put the cash in my hand first. When the bike comes back unharmed and they dont choose to buy it they can have the cash back, although that has never happened. Joyriders are sussed out by the cash up front thing.

This is great advice,You break it you bought it, plus seeing their Endorsement also.......

But watching someone driving away with your bike on a trailer is like watching your daughter leaving on her first date.

How true. :scratchchin::bawling: But without the gun cleaning.:farmer: New to you bike buying is like " So many bikes, not enough time". We are thinking of selling also but I want one more cross country fling before DOT goes. Have fun on your quest and don't forget to stay here no matter what you chose.