IGNORED

Would you rather?

Air Ready Auto

My daughter (10) is into this would you rather game she plays with her friends. She tells me I wouldn't get it because I'm old... I told her to try me. She asks if I would rather eat free at any restaurant for the rest of my life or have a million dollars. I opted for the million dollars. She asked me if I would rather have any car I wanted or an all expense paid trip to anywhere for a month. I opted for the trip. I said see I get it and asked her one of my own. I asked if she would rather get into a fight with one horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses. She thought about it for a bit then said "Its ok daddy, not everyone is cut out for this game." So what did I miss? Am I really too old? I told her I would fight the one large duck so I could train it to fly me around. She told me I was trying too hard. When did I turn into my parents and her into a little me? Oh my God... I am old!:yikes:

Yes, I'm old too but I sort of get this game! Life is all about options!! I think the game sort of defines your basic character! Maybe not, but who am I to decide?!! OK, million dollars, Ultra cool and expensive auto (I can name at least a half-dozen worth over a million), and I opt for the 100 duck sized horses, as even a normal sized duck can do more damage than a duck sized horse! Wait, one at a time or all at once?? Can I carry???

Next question...

Yes, I'm old too but I sort of get this game! Life is all about options!! I think the game sort of defines your basic character! Maybe not, but who am I to decide?!! OK, million dollars, Ultra cool and expensive auto (I can name at least a half-dozen worth over a million), and I opt for the 100 duck sized horses, as even a normal sized duck can do more damage than a duck sized horse! Wait, one at a time or all at once?? Can I carry???

Next question...

All 100 at the same time. I've never had a close encounter with a duck (horse sized or regular) but I did have the misfortune of dealing with an angry goose when I was a teen on my moms farm during butchering season... Those birds are evil.

I think kids today play this type of game because:

1. They have social media as a media to gather lots of opinion

2. They have no desire to go outside and play

3. There are no wrong answers, so everybody wins or "gets a trophy"

4. Today, differing opinions are encouraged, in my day differing opinions started fights

I know I am getting old, but I miss the days of a good spirited physical rumble over differing opinions with friends. I learned to only voice my opinion when I actually felt the topic was worthy of defending. Today's kids are expected to have a strong opinion on everything. And they play for keeps. No gun violence in my youth, just bruises and bloody noses and lips. My dad once told me, pick your fights, not every issue is worth fighting over, but the ones that are deserve full commitment.

Oh yeah, and send in that horse sized duck, I say go big or go home!