IGNORED

Dash Tray Insert Ideas?? (removed tape player)

Hey All!

I have removed my tape player quite a long time ago and have a different set up. I did have some gauges in there but they are not working any longer and I am looking to fill the space with just a basic Coin Cubby or some sort of dash storage tray. The dimensions are 5 1/2 by 1 3/4. Does anyone have some ideas where i might be able to get something custom to fit? I have looked around the net but have not come up with anything that remotely fits. Any help is greatly appreciated....

Side Note: My dash is off due to Steering Bearings and a Fork rebuild/powder coat!:cool10::cool10:

20161204_112939.jpg

Drawing a blank. Unless you have a u-pull it salvage yard near by. You might be able to go search out a coin caddy or something out of a console of a car. My other thought was Radio Shack has what they call "project box" in different sizes for electronic project. With a dremel tool you could cut out one side and mount switches or something in it. Maybe try a hobby lobby or something if you got one of those. Look on e-bay for some digital amp meter or something and you would still have room for phone or mp3 player

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished removing my whole stereo system and CB. I installed a blue tooth marine stereo and custom made a storage tray to replace the cassette deck. Sorry the first picture is upside down I tried to flip it but couldn't, don't understand why it is upside down the original picture isn't.

Ron

20161229_171813.jpg

20161229_171857.jpg

20161229_171929.jpg

Edited by WIZ

Ron,

Thast is an amazing and practical idea! I would love to know how you built that tray. I still have my cassette player installed and would like something like that tray to hold stuff.

I removed my entire audio system due to the fact that the CD player took up too much room and my wife and I have Sena blue tooth communicators.

Sam

Just finished removing my whole stereo system and CB. I installed a blue tooth marine stereo and custom made a storage tray to replace the cassette deck. Sorry the first picture is upside down I tried to flip it but couldn't, don't understand why it is upside down the original picture isn't.

Ron

I took the complete ashtray assembly out of a 1987 ford bronco I I. I mounted the upper assembly into the cassette player housing and then made a 4" x 5 3/4" tray out of 22 gauge steel. I then cut the sides off of the ashtray and welded them onto the tray I made. Then I cut the fold down door from the cassette player housing and cleaned the foam out of the inside of the door and filled it with jb weld. After that hardened I drilled and threaded 4 holes to secure it to the front of the tray.

Ron

I took the complete ashtray assembly out of a 1987 ford bronco I I. I mounted the upper assembly into the cassette player housing and then made a 4" x 5 3/4" tray out of 22 gauge steel. I then cut the sides off of the ashtray and welded them onto the tray I made. Then I cut the fold down door from the cassette player housing and cleaned the foam out of the inside of the door and filled it with jb weld. After that hardened I drilled and threaded 4 holes to secure it to the front of the tray.

Ron

Think your new screen name ought to be McGiver:thumbsup:

Craig

• 3 weeks later...