• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all , newbie idiot here and just two months into Venture-ism. Thought miine had the super brace already but turns out from last description I read it doesn't. Mine is about 1/2 inch thick and has hex top bolts. Since I missed the gi-normous order at the good price what would be my best option at this point to get one? Sorry Condor because I messaged you once when ordering and told you I thought mine alreaady had one but I didn't know what I was talking about.Did do the clutch upgrade already tho and wow..what a difference ! Any reply's would be appreciated!

Bob-1990 Venture Royale :cool10:

Bob. Is the fork brace you have now a thick piece of aluminum, or one that is sorta rounded..sculptured acrossed the top. If it's rounded it's OEM, and if it's a flat 'slab' then you may have a super brace, and wouldn't need one of these braces. Attached is a pic of the braces side by side. The one on the left is OEM, and the one on the right is 'our' brace.

Edited by Condor

OK Condor,

Thank you ! Mine is OEM for sure! Had no idea the super brace was so flat and square looking.IS that one on ebay the equivilent of a super brace? Would it be worth purchasing in place of the "super brace "brand?:whistling:

OK Condor,

Thank you ! Mine is OEM for sure! Had no idea the super brace was so flat and square looking.IS that one on ebay the equivilent of a super brace? Would it be worth purchasing in place of the "super brace "brand?:whistling:

The brace on Ebay is the same one we did the group buy on. I went ahead and picked up 4 more braces this morning to cover any problems that could arise, but now it looks like I didn't need to. Anyway PM me if you'd like to pick one up. And IMHO the brace we bought is much better looking than the SB, and it will do the same thing. I got tired of packing so went out and played with the '91 this morning. Put on one of the black braces. Looks really nice...

I also want to repeat what Don said in a previous post. These braces are NOT Super Braces, and were never represented as such right from the get-go.

Edited by Condor

Thanks Condor,

I think I'll go ahead and get the one on ebay since I am an experienced ebay-er and not sure how to do the transaction with you.I really appreciate your help and think you are doing an awesome thing in handling the "brace buy" for everyone! :080402gudl_prv:

Also thanks to BJ for pointing out the brace on ebay!

Thanks Condor,

I think I'll go ahead and get the one on ebay since I am an experienced ebay-er and not sure how to do the transaction with you.I really appreciate your help and think you are doing an awesome thing in handling the "brace buy" for everyone! :080402gudl_prv:

Also thanks to BJ for pointing out the brace on ebay!

No problem. Although I don't see what the difference would be other than the extra $17 bucks thru Ebay. Paypal's paypal...... Either way, it's an excellent brace, and a good value.

Where's Prairiecoot??? I received a paypal payment from him way back when, and when I went to ship I couldn't find his shipping address inthe notice. I couldn't find one on the details page of Paypal either. He and Bongobob's are the last two, and Bob knows the reason for his holdup.... Everyone should have gotten shipping notices if I had your Email address by now. So this one's practically history. I had no idea we'd have that many 1stGens interested in the brace idea. Thanks to everyone for your participation, :clap2:but I don't think I'll be doing another one of these...very soon. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Just wanted to add that I do have about four braces left if anyone is interested???

Edited by Condor

Guest Ken8143

Thanks Condor. Got mine in the mail today and took all of 5 minutes to install. Can't wait to take it for a ride to see what difference it makes.

Thank's Condor got my brace today around 9 am so im told .:cool10: i went to jefferson city,mo. this morning with the Mo. VTX riders for there meet and greet. Left around 7am and got back at 5:30 pm. around 300 miles today with no rain until about 30 miles from home it rained.:confused24: But thats ok cause it was a good test for the Rain coat that i had on the windshield , it works great. again thank"s for everything you did for all of us. I will install my brace sunday and go test it out then. :)

Found what we were looking for, it's a 5/8ths cap that taps right into the hole. I'm thinkin a little silicone around the ring, pop it in and your screw heads are nice and sealed up. Any hardware store should have them. Button caps, I think they're called.

Jack,great looking brace.It came today just in time because I put on the new front tire and brakes.Thanks again for the effort..

I'm going to tear the rear apart tonite and pull the tire off and do brakes,and finally put on my shiny brand new MAC mufflers.

The question I have is there are no indents on the inside like the stock pipes.Is this a problem???????I guess I'll know when I pull off the old ones,but I figured I'd ask...

Jack,great looking brace.It came today just in time because I put on the new front tire and brakes.Thanks again for the effort..

I'm going to tear the rear apart tonite and pull the tire off and do brakes,and finally put on my shiny brand new MAC mufflers.

The question I have is there are no indents on the inside like the stock pipes.Is this a problem???????I guess I'll know when I pull off the old ones,but I figured I'd ask...

You're gonna be stylin'....

The mufflers need extra washers to take up the space on the 86-93's. There are a few Mark II owners on the board that have mounted the MAC's. Maybe a couple of them could chime in with a hint or two. No problem with the indent not being there.

Speaking of MAC mufflers, this years list is up to nine members the last time I checked. Now that the Brace Buy is over I'll be putting in the order the first of the week. We'll need 10 minium, but if we get more than 10, it better happen before monday. Once the order is placed it can't be added to unless we come up with another 10.

Got notice of shipment from USPS looking forward to getting the brace.

Thank you Condor for all your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:322::322:

I agree, Thank You Jack for all your work on this and other buys!

But everybody is talking of notice of shipping by USPS, I haven't seen anything like that yet. :confused24: Is that an email thing or what?!? Or maybe it's just sitting on my kitchen table. :confused07:

As for the Mac Muffler thing, I put them on my 86 and on the left one I had some trouble. I had to elongate the mounting hole and open the end of the muffler, it also hangs a little lower than the right one. Of course, this may all have to do with my crash at the Dragon last year which pushed the whole rear left side down.

And, yes as I recall, you need to use some spacers. I went to Ace Hardware and bought them in chrome. I bought different sizes and used what worked.

Carbs done and mounted...........check

Brace installed.........................check

Rec/reg installed......................check

Start bike...............................check, double check

Monitor charging system............check

Sync carbs.............................check

Crap!

Buy gas for bike.......................Friggin' Priceless! Duh.

Thanks again. It looks good sitting there.

Snaggletooth

I agree, Thank You Jack for all your work on this and other buys!

But everybody is talking of notice of shipping by USPS, I haven't seen anything like that yet. :confused24: Is that an email thing or what?!? Or maybe it's just sitting on my kitchen table. :confused07:

Could be on your kitchen table Todd. If not, betcha it shows tomorrow. The cost of UPS would have killed us. Everything went out USPS Priority. I did ship it to the address change you gave me.... :)

As for the Mac Muffler thing, I put them on my 86 and on the left one I had some trouble. I had to elongate the mounting hole and open the end of the muffler, it also hangs a little lower than the right one. Of course, this may all have to do with my crash at the Dragon last year which pushed the whole rear left side down.

And, yes as I recall, you need to use some spacers. I went to Ace Hardware and bought them in chrome. I bought different sizes and used what worked.

That's neat... I didn't know ACE carried anything like that. I'll be putting a set on the '91 so thanks for the info...:thumbsup2: BTW which sized worked??

Carbs done and mounted...........check

Brace installed.........................check

Rec/reg installed......................check

Start bike...............................check, double check

Monitor charging system............check

Sync carbs.............................check

Crap!

Buy gas for bike.......................Friggin' Priceless! Duh.

Thanks again. It looks good sitting there.

Snaggletooth

:mo money:

Guest Ballgoof

I got the brace in the mail today. Installed it and rode for 140 miles and life was good other then the 3 car crash and the car that tried to side swipe me. The brace held up well under heaving braking and the man never knew he almost took me down.

Just another adventure in defensive driving for us motorcyclists.

Seemed smoother in the curves to me also.

Thank you for you work on getting this brace to me.

Guy