IGNORED

New York withdraws E15 fuel plan

leo3wheel

YAY!!!! Now if we can stop subsidising the corn industry and get rid of the 10% Ethanol as well and start getting 10% better gas mileage...

Probably not. Too many pockets being lined. I cant count how many stories I have read about how it is just not a positive operation. More fuel is used to produce it than is saved basically. Because all we here in the states use to make the alcohol is corn. Other country's like Brazil I think it is use not only corn, but the stalks, husks and about anything else that will ferment. Then is becomes a viable option.

Glad some voices were heard on this. Not only is it bad for all bikes, almost anything made prior to about 2010 unless it specifically says eco fuel or green fuel or whatever the heck they call them. The pcm/engine mgmt system can compensate for the crummy gas.

Fuel with ethanol is not classified as gasoline. I have started using ethanol free gas in all my small engines and they all run better than when I used E-15 fuel. Many small engine manufacturers will void Warranty service if problems are caused by ethanol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sadly, we have no ethanol free gas in state. Would have to truck it in from out of state.

While we do have ethanol free gas in the state. It is still a 75 mile drive one way to the nearest GAS station. By the time I get home with the GAS I will need GAS again.

Sadly, we have no ethanol free gas in state. Would have to truck it in from out of state.

Leo, check out this website. It says you have ONE! They may not be close to you but you may want to check it out.

Where I live the Premium pumps will be ethanol free if they have it.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NJ

Edited by vzuden
chose wrong state for Leo

Thanks Gary! Could be rather pricey if I have to go this route.

"G V S Sport Motorcycle - SUNOCO

1551 County Rd 532, Chatsworth NJ

609-726-1717

Ethanol-free octane ratings: 91 95 110

GPS coordinates: N 39.81765 W 74.53487 (entered by Jonathan Lathbury)

Updated by D ferguson, September 08, 2016 15:22 CDT

I just purchased 91 Octane E0 for $5.50/Gal. today from G V S

Updated by Jonathan Lathbury, August 01, 2016 14:45 CDT

I called and verified this shop does sell E0 gas in NJ. This is a motorcycle repair shop and they stock the fuel for bikers. If you have a car or some other need you'll have to bring your own gas can. They can pump 91 and 95 octane E0 into your can. The 110 octane E0 contains a small amount of lead and is sold in five gallon containers. Keep in mind this business went to great effort to stock E0 fuel so their price may be a bit higher than in other parts of the country where E0 gas is more plentiful. None the less I hope you support this business so that the will continue to sell E0 gas."

"Even though the new fuel is coming to market, the gasoline or E10 you fill your tank with now will still be available. There is a twist, though. At gas stations that use blender pumps (a single spout that dispenses all octanes) you'll have to purchase at least 4 gallons of E10 to insure any E15 in the hose is diluted to safe levels in your fuel tank."

Hopefully, you don't select E15 by mistake. '...ethanol is fairly corrosive to rubber and certain metals... If your vehicle sits for long periods between use, the moisture settles to the bottom of the tank and can potentially clog in-tank pumps and filters. Ethanol forms a brown goo when left in a fuel tank too long, which can clog fuel-system components. Use a fuel stabilizer if the engine will sit for more than a few weeks without use; this will reduce the ethanol–water separation and potential gumming issues.'

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-electric/a11687/four-things-to-know-about-e15-15096134/