IGNORED

Scariest place on earth

snyper316

I have more gold in my teeth than in my bank. After 60 years of trips to the dentist I can assure you things have improved vastly. It used to be an hour of painful torture but now the most painful part is paying the bill.

Yeah I couldn't Afford $120.00 a tooth and $150.00 to just walk in the door. I got Insurance now so it is all good. Last time I went to the dentist when I was 12. I could hear the drills and that alone hurt my teeth. I could also hear someone in the back ground screaming in pain. I got done an hour ago, and it isn't bad at all; My numbness is wearing off tho and not really bothering me. I remember it hurt like a dickens when I had two teeth capped 26 yrs ago!!!

When I was in the Air force, I had a female dentist. I told her the worse part was getting my teeth/gums numbed. She suggested I try getting fillings without being numbed, which I did and did that for many years. Only a couple times did I get a tooth numbed because of hitting nerves. I will say that what really helped was using nitros. :scratchchin:

Randy

A trip to the dentist is a piece of cake. Try loosing 13 teeth and a broken Jaw to a 55 Chevy bumper. Now that smarts.

Chewing on a set of handlebars will get you about the same results but broke jaw in 4 places and only lost about 7 teeth.:Avatars_Gee_George: Still had two of then though lodged in the side of my jaw when I woke up 13 days later. Them handlebars need a little Tenderizer on them!!!:backinmyday::mugshot:

When I was in the Air force, I had a female dentist. I told her the worse part was getting my teeth/gums numbed. She suggested I try getting fillings without being numbed, which I did and did that for many years. Only a couple times did I get a tooth numbed because of hitting nerves. I will say that what really helped was using nitros. :scratchchin:

Randy

I am in the same boat.

The only time that I get numbing is when the Dr thinks he will hit a nerve. Most of my issues are very small so I get no numbing, the numbing is way worse that the drilling and filling. Never had nitrous either so I don't know what that does for things.

I went to the dentist for a small cavity. The gals that worked there were Harley folks. At that time I had a 1100 Honda shadow. I asked the lady if I could get the filling without the novicane and she said I was not tough enough because I ride a Honda!:doh:

Being me I would have left. Without paying!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

I am in the same boat.

The only time that I get numbing is when the Dr thinks he will hit a nerve. Most of my issues are very small so I get no numbing, the numbing is way worse that the drilling and filling. Never had nitrous either so I don't know what that does for things.

I have never had any dental repairs done without first getting a shot. I can still remember the feeling of that needle, however, for the past 10 perhaps even 15 years or more that has not been an issue. My dentist now rubs a topical something or other on my gum prior to getting down with the needle. I can feel when he is poking me with the needle but there is absolutely no pain.

Think I'll stick with being a wuss.:8:

You just had to bring this subject up. Now I went and broke a molar in half. I'll find out in about an hour if they can save it or will have to yank it. The only good thing is that this is the one tooth that has had a root canal done so there is zero pain at this time. I am betting that Dr drill n fill can change that.............

:fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo

ps.

I have never been in to much pain to even need a second though about having ICE CREAM. :fnd_(16): :fatsmiley: :fnd_(16):

WooHoooooo.......

He was able to glue it back together with some pins pressed in for strength and fill the holes that were left.

No shots, no pain, took about 15 minutes.

But it did include torture, NO CHEWING for the next 8 hours. :scared:

Maybe you can get one of those half priced cold drinks at Sonic... Maybe a Reese's Blast!!

hmmmmmmm... I haven't been to a dentist for 47 years ..... my teeth are like the stars ... they come out at night !

I do recall though how much I hated going to the dentist. It was almost always to get a tooth pulled. My teeth back then weren't so good. When I had 'em all yanked was the only time I didn't mind it. I remember waking up in the chair and telling him he missed part of one LOL