IGNORED

Next year's WNY rally theme???

Motiv

Just thinking out loud here. I know we briefly talked about a "future" theme but in lieu of Elvis' 40th anniversary of his passing (8/16/77) falling so close to rally time a Elvis gig may be fitting.

Does that band know Elvis tunes?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

That's actually not a bad suggestion Paul!!! Last year was the 50's, this year was the 60's, and we did think that next year could follow the progression and be 70's Disco, however someone else suggested doing a "Redneck" theme. The Elvis thing sounds plausible, with a "Best Impersonation" contest Friday night. Not sure what ever happened to our dance and costume party this year Friday, there seemed to be two party camp grounds, one on the site, and another at the motel...

OK then, let's turn this thread into a sort of "Poll" and see what you, the public out there would like as a theme next year! Even if you have no plans whatsoever of attending, we would love to hear your suggestions so post away!!!

Sure, you can still be a redneck if you want to Paul!! Of course first we have to actually define what a Redneck is! The actual history and origin of the term "redneck" is actually quite interesting, here's a link...

http://classroom.synonym.com/origin-word-redneck-11667.html

I took one of those facebook personality tests and found out I am 30% Redneck, whoda thunk?!!?

When we organized the Ontario rally we considered what brings people to events. It is to socialize and to see new areas. People don't come because there is a theme or a band...they come to see friends and catch up. Even MD is less about maintenance and more about socializing.

We were lucky that we were able to find a site that had camping and rooms/cottages. This way everyone is in one place and not spread out between different locations.

• 2 weeks later...

While I have enjoyed the socializing, I have also enjoyed the themes (50's and 60's for example). I think the setting and facilities made possible by Pioneer including the outdoor stage contribute to doing something. However, I do agree that most attending are more likely to be spectators to your good entertainment than Elvis impersonators.