IGNORED

Help needed if possible for a Garmin Nuvi 2555 route planning

dogman

Hello is anyone out there that can slap me in the face with a simple to do list for loading a route from Garmin Base Camp onto my Nuvi 2555?

It took me a while, but I planned the route on the computer, but I am not having any success in transferring it onto/into my GPS.

I was able to plan a route directly on my old GPS, but not on this one so I did it on Garmin Base Camp, but I can not save it on my GPS.

Any advice, smart comments, jokes, humiliation is welcome. I laugh at my self often for getting stumped by computer stuff. If I didn't laugh I would get so _ucking mad.

Thanks

Hello is anyone out there that can slap me in the face with a simple to do list for loading a route from Garmin Base Camp onto my Nuvi 2555?

It took me a while, but I planned the route on the computer, but I am not having any success in transferring it onto/into my GPS.

I was able to plan a route directly on my old GPS, but not on this one so I did it on Garmin Base Camp, but I can not save it on my GPS.

Any advice, smart comments, jokes, humiliation is welcome. I laugh at my self often for getting stumped by computer stuff. If I didn't laugh I would get so _ucking mad.

Thanks

I use use base camp for all my trips, base camp is not user friendly it took me awhile to figure out how to use it. So what I do is make sure your GPS is plugged into computer when you are using base camp so that it is using the maps that is on the GPS. Then I use waypoints, place flags or waypoints on the roads that I want to ride, then I click on create route. Drag your waypoints from the column on the left onto your route planner, drag them in the order from start to finish. Once the route is created go up to your menu and select send route to GPS. This is the basic information it may be more complicated than this for you but hope it gives you an idea of how. I use base camp on my IMac but I know the menus are different on PCs. If you have more questions please feel free to ask me and I will do what I can to help. Hope it works for you. Base camp could be a great program but its not. :Venture:

The exported routes from Basecamp should be in the Trip Planner.

The Nuvi 2555LM will need to be completely shut down and rebooted before the routes will show up.

To completely shut down the Nuvi 2555LM is done while the Nuvi is on and pressing and holding the power button until the prompt pops up to "Turn Off the Device".

The Nuvi 2555LM will need to be completely shut down and rebooted before the routes will show up.

To completely shut down the Nuvi 2555LM is done while the Nuvi is on and pressing and holding the power button until the prompt pops up to "Turn Off the Device".

Thank you Wayne for this tip of turning the GPS off. I did not do that last night. I will try it when I get home. If still no luck then I will take you up on the offer of your help. I am working this weekend until Thursday and then we leave for the East Coast.

Don also gave me a link to what he uses, but I couldn't figure that out either. What can I say I'm a disgrace. Fortunately my wife loves me any ways. So I consider myself a lucky boy.

A good suggestion Wayne. I did have a new saved route when I checked tonight, but it was only of my house and not the route that I planned out. I did send you a PM

Thank you Wayne (Wizard765) for your expertise and patience in guiding me thru the process to get our route from the computer transferred to our gps. Seeing all the steps you had to take to correct what I had done, only solidifies that I would have never been able to figure it out.

Thank you again for your help, travel, and time you spent to figure it out for me.

It was fun seeing you and Bernie.. Besides the ribs were AWESOME.. Just happy I could help and we got it worked out.. Now time for you guys to enjoy your trip..

Yes thanks. Packed some tonight.

Thank you again for your help.