IGNORED

new to me 2012 Venture

bikerjohn

WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW BROTHER = THAT PUPPY IS GORGEOUS!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886

to my Texas Hero - you deserve it Biker John!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope it gives you and that precious wife of yours mile and miles and miles of :big-grin-emoticon:'s!!!:thumbsup:

You can't disconnect the wires from either antenna. The CB wire is very short. Only goes into the CB which is mounted under the trunk. You just need to pick up a short adapter cable. Some truck stops have them. You need a PL type to a Motorola type because the connection to the CB under the box is the Motorola type plug.

For the AM/FM side, you either have to pull the seat, tank, split the fairing and etc. to run a new cable all the way to the radio OR....do what most of us do and simply cut the existing cable somewhere under the seat or something and use some motorola type connectors to splice them.

OR....you can stay right here and get them:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?17675-SWR-Meter-and-the-Marshall-Mod

I also got a email from Marshall lately that I've been meaning to add to the tech library but haven't done it yet. Here it is though. Just ignore the part where he calls me an old man. :)

Don,

Thanks for updating the MarshallMod data. Had to do a word and PDF file for Venturers

Site. Our site went away last year when Deb retired (Partially) on Blue Dolphin Travel site.

The Firestik AM/FM are getting almost impossible to find .. The Firefly 3' works just as

well or maybe a little bit better than the OEM for AM/FM operation ..

Recently I have been working with the tune tip K-40 2' super flex antenna .. Works just as

well as the Firefly and in some cases better, because the K-40 is a very thin antenna and does

not put as much pressure on the mount. Works awesome on the Goldwing but you will need to

get a converter to adapt into the 8mm screw in ...

If you want to update the word and PDF files to reflect these upgrades, feel free .. Like to

share with all the groups ..

Thanks ole man

G. Marshall Gammon

"Sherriff"